Lewis County Youth Basketball Tourney

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
riverstarz
Waterboy

Lewis County Youth Basketball Tourney

Post by riverstarz »

8th Annual LC Basketball Tourney in Vanceburg,Ky (25 miles from Portsmouth).

Three boys divisions.... 4th grade, 5th grade, & 6th grade.

February 13th & 14th, 2010 @ Lewis County Middle school and High school Gyms (both are very nice gyms and play varsity games on both floors).

Licensed Officials..... $100 per team if pay by January 22nd, $150 after, first 8 teams, 3 games guaranteed.

riverstarz
Waterboy

Re: Lewis County Youth Basketball Tourney

Post by riverstarz »

Got about half the teams, still need a few.

Ghostpepper2
Waterboy

Post by Ghostpepper2 »

I have a team from ck in west virgina and want to enter

Ram15
Waterboy

Post by Ram15 »

I'v got a 4th grade team from Raceland we may be interested.

Call me 606-547-7822
Brad

bleacher momma
Waterboy

Post by bleacher momma »

We have a 6th grade we would like to enter.....Can I get your contact information to make this happen! We attended last year and really enjoyed the tourney.

riverstarz
Waterboy

Post by riverstarz »

Any Questions or to enter tournament you can contact Todd Ruckel @ 606-796-3071 or 606-202-1406.

There are about 5 or 6 teams in each grade to date. Not many spots left.

riverstarz
Waterboy

Post by riverstarz »

Have 21 teams total in all grades, going to try to add a 3rd gym to be able to take more teams, should be able to add another 9 teams if we add the 3rd gym, should not be a problem getting the gym. Thanks to all the teams that have committed.

riverstarz
Waterboy

Post by riverstarz »

Tobias wrote:Who are all of the participants in the 4th grade boys?

Are there any spots left?

Maysville St Pat
Lewis Co
Montgomery Co
Wheelersburg
Coal Grove
Ironton
Green

Have a couple spots left.

Basketball Cartel
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball Cartel »

Who is in the 5th grade boys?

riverstarz
Waterboy

Post by riverstarz »

Basketball Cartel wrote:Who is in the 5th grade boys?

5th teams
Anderson Co
Mason Co Blaze
Mason Co Reign
St Pat
Lewis Co
Minford
East Carter
Wheelersburg
Key Players (CK in WV)

6th teams
Paintsville
Salyersville
Ashland
Mason Co-Sweeney
St Pat
Lewis Co
Valley
PortsmouthWest
Mason Co Spartins
Minford
Gallipolis
Barboursville

Have a 3rd gym and can take 32 teams total, can take 4 more teams in any grade.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i would like to see the gallipolis valley matchup

1PHS
Waterboy

Post by 1PHS »

i have a 3d and 4th grade team. sean@smith-drugs.com cell 740-821-5084
thanks
sean

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

If Gallipolis and Valley meet again for the third time, that would mean Gallipolis would get beat three times instead of two.
Valley is way to fast for Gallipolis.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I never like to complain about officiating...however...this tournament had the worst officials I have ever seen in all of sports...for the prices that the teams paid for everything...the least this tournament could have done was to get qualified officials...really not pleased...the kids deserved better than this...however...the people helping out at this tournament were top notch...the facilities were nice...the kids on all teams that I was present to see played their hearts out..however..I didn't speak to one person at the tournament that was satisfied with the officials...We had an older man who during our game paid more attention to the crowd than the game...then in an other game we had a kid that didn't know anything about officiating..acted scared to make a call...kids were shoved to the floor and were called for traveling all day...then one of them would barely touch the other and got called...I don't mind if the officials don't call anything all game...or if they are touchy...however...to go from one extreme to the next within one up and down the court..embarrassing..I know I was quite sickened by the quality of the officials..our boys never had a chance...the officiating was so horrible in two of the three games...in the other game they played...the officiating wasn't good...however it was terrible for both teams...I would hope that this would be corrected for next year...I am sure we will not be coming back unless we are assured of better quality officials...

baseball!
Waterboy

Post by baseball! »

What were the results for each division?

TARTAN/TITAN
Freshman Team

Post by TARTAN/TITAN »

baseball! wrote:What were the results for each division?

Im guessing Ironton didnt do well,and got cheated.

even in biddy ball :?: :roll:

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

It wasn't about anyone being cheated...it was about poor officiating...every team got their share of poor officiating...wasn't even talking about Ironton...I watched myself at least ten games and the officiating was terrible...unless you were there you wouldn't understand..not only were their calls bad..but the way they handled themselves with the people in the crowd...and again..the people who worked the concessions and door were extremely friendly...the officiating was really poor...and again...I am not complaining about one team in general being hosed...

riverstarz
Waterboy

Post by riverstarz »

TIGERS90 wrote:It wasn't about anyone being cheated...it was about poor officiating...every team got their share of poor officiating...wasn't even talking about Ironton...I watched myself at least ten games and the officiating was terrible...unless you were there you wouldn't understand..not only were their calls bad..but the way they handled themselves with the people in the crowd...and again..the people who worked the concessions and door were extremely friendly...the officiating was really poor...and again...I am not complaining about one team in general being hosed...

I believe you are referring to the 4th grade and most games at the elem. gym, we had good feed back from the other 2 gyms for the most part. Officiating is always the hardest part of the tourney, we must get the licensed officials that are available, by increasing the number of teams this year and better officials working makeup games in our region on Saturday we were forced to get some officials that would not have been there otherwise. We apologize for being forced to do this. I was not able to catch any games at the elem school, however, I was informed of some officials that will not be invited back next year due to some things that we did not approve of. Sometimes we must get officials due to availability, but we always learn from our mistakes and try to correct those for the next tournament, I understand your comments and we are aware of this problem and we will do everything possible to correct this. We appreciate your team coming this year and would love to have you back in the future. Thanks

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

riverstarz wrote:
TIGERS90 wrote:It wasn't about anyone being cheated...it was about poor officiating...every team got their share of poor officiating...wasn't even talking about Ironton...I watched myself at least ten games and the officiating was terrible...unless you were there you wouldn't understand..not only were their calls bad..but the way they handled themselves with the people in the crowd...and again..the people who worked the concessions and door were extremely friendly...the officiating was really poor...and again...I am not complaining about one team in general being hosed...

I believe you are referring to the 4th grade and most games at the elem. gym, we had good feed back from the other 2 gyms for the most part. Officiating is always the hardest part of the tourney, we must get the licensed officials that are available, by increasing the number of teams this year and better officials working makeup games in our region on Saturday we were forced to get some officials that would not have been there otherwise. We apologize for being forced to do this. I was not able to catch any games at the elem school, however, I was informed of some officials that will not be invited back next year due to some things that we did not approve of. Sometimes we must get officials due to availability, but we always learn from our mistakes and try to correct those for the next tournament, I understand your comments and we are aware of this problem and we will do everything possible to correct this. We appreciate your team coming this year and would love to have you back in the future. Thanks

I really appreciate your reply...it's not often that someone is willing to own up to mistakes...and that I am sure was all that you probably could have done with short notice...I feel that the facilities and the people helping out were very friendly...and enjoyed the competition that came to the tournament...it was just sad for the kids to really not be able to know who the better teams were..it was really bad...I saw at least ten times within a six minute period one team shoved at least ten times kids out of bounds to the floor hard and the kid dribbling the ball was called for traveling...one kid went to shoot a basket from right outside the rim and was called for the foul when he had position and went straight up...at least twenty times in the one game a team knocked the other team hard to the floor while the team was dribbling the ball and the kid with the ball was called for traveling..It wasn't just our game, but it was every game that I watched in that gym...I know it wasn't something that anyone hoped for..however..I do appreciate you doing everything you can to correct it for next year..hopefully we get the chance to play in your tourney again..and have much better officials...Thanks

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

been reading these messages and cant help but to shake my head. if the refs was that bad and they was that bad for both teams or all games and not just calling bad vs ironton then how can you say you didnt get to see the best team win ? if the other teams had to face the same calls then it seems they adjusted to the situation and found a way to win vs waiting for two or three zebras to do it for them. i have seen some very bad officals in my day but never believe i have ever seen a game that they won for a team. maybe you can get a rematch next year with some ncaa officals and im guessing the outcome would be even worse.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”