Eastern 8th Grade Girls defeat Trimble 90-17

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
on a mission
All Conference

Re: Eastern 8th Grade Girls defeat Trimble 90-17

Post by on a mission »

Well when your up by 40-50-60-you should back it off!What this coach has dished out will be returned,it's called karma.

90-17 c'mon man!

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

No, they did not meet them at half court.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Like I have said, this isn't the only team that they have beat this bad. They win every game by at least 40 points. Last year he called the dogs off, this year he has to let them play or he only going to hurt them. C'mon man

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I wonder how bad it hurts the girls that get beat by 73?

c'mon man

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

If your bad enough to get beat by 73 then it probably doesnt hurt very much

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Thats a classy statement,you must be one of the people that was mentioned earlier in this post.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I actually was not, but think about it. If you are a team that gets beat by 73, it probably isn't the first time you get it handed to you.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

if you are that good call southwebster now and enter that bunch in the county tournament you might find somebody that can compete with you ;-)

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I have nothing to do with this team

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

I was at the game and the eastern coach did not press, trap or meet the trimble team at half court. He played a 1-3-1 defense the whole night. The girl that scored 37 sat 2 quarters. These girls have defeated several teams by a very large margin. The coach has asked for a tougher schedule. He doesn't schedule the team. These girls have played together since the 4th grade and most work all year round on their game. As for the fans, yes there were a couple of comments about some calls, that is to be expected in any game, but the majority of the fans comments were to the eastern girls to work hard on their game. In fact, most cheered when the trimble girls scored. As for fans, how about the jr. high volleyball coache's comments to the refs or about how she was going to go" psycho "if they got beat by a bunch. Yes, what goes around comes around, but these girls are a class act who help up opposing players off the floor and smile and say good game, even when they lose. Give them some credit for all the work they've done to get where they are and hopefully they will stay together until their senior year and keep up the good work.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

South Webster? If you wanted competition for these girls I believe you would need to go to the city leagues in Columbus or Cincinnatti

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Play Jackson...we aren't that far.

balln777
Waterboy

Post by balln777 »

HOW DID THE JACKSON 8 TH GRADE DO TONIGHT?

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

IT"S AN EASTERN TRIMBLE THREAD

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I would love to see Eastern in the Webster tourney, they would never get by Minford or West.
Have them get in, call Brett at Webster, He is the athletic director. Be lookin for you guys in Feb!!!

8102ra
Waterboy

Post by 8102ra »

This is not the Eastern team near Minford.

Shelly
Waterboy

Post by Shelly »

Well, this is the Junior High Coach for volleyball. Though I don't recall saying anything like the previous post, I will say this:
The eastern girls are fantastic! I have never seen a girls team play that good. Being we are all in the TVC Hocking, I hope the girls continue to make progress.
I do think the fans could have relaxed and enjoyed the game.
To the person who posted about us taking a butt kicking like that before, it has never happened before. We all did get to teach our kids a good lessons on your behalf though, so thanks!

To the kids-keep working hard, you are fun to watch, and I really look forward to watching you in high school when it matters most.... tourney time.
Shelly Lackey

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

All i can say is wow !!!!!!!!! No class to beat ateam by 73 . I agree there time will come i hope they do go to south webster tournment and match up with West or Minford :12224 :12224 :12224 All i can say that it was no class!!!!!!!!!

lovethisgame
Waterboy

Post by lovethisgame »

gapper wrote:My suggestion is to go out and find better competition. The team is not getting any better playing lesser competition, whether you win by 90 or 10. I give more props to the Trimble team for not leaving before the end of the game. I"m sure there are plenty of teams out there to compete against your team, if you want them to get better I suggest you pick up the phone and start calling some teams.

Eastern's 8th grade girls are very good because they have 2 girls that (if they continue to work as hard as they have thus far) will play division I college basketball. They play year around, work hard and deserve to be able to play hard in the games too. Why should they be penalized or judged poorly just because other team's players don't play year around or take it as serious as these girls do.

lovethisgame
Waterboy

Post by lovethisgame »

on a mission wrote:I would start off with saying,walk the ball down the floor,then tell the girls you have to have 10 passes before each shot.At some point in the game they had to be pushing the ball up the floor to put 90 on the board in 6 minute quarters.I don't doubt that the girls are a good group,to put 90 up they would have to be.I think it would be the coaches character that is in question.

Eastern's 8th grade girls are very good because they have 2 girls that (if they continue to work as hard as they have thus far) will play division I college basketball. They play year around, work hard and deserve to be able to play hard in the games too. Why should they be penalized or judged poorly just because other team's players don't play year around or take it as serious as these girls do.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”