Eastern 8th Grade Girls defeat Trimble 90-17

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Eagle82
All Conference

Re: Eastern 8th Grade Girls defeat Trimble 90-17

Post by Eagle82 »

Coach93 wrote:All i can say is wow !!!!!!!!! No class to beat ateam by 73 . I agree there time will come i hope they do go to south webster tournment and match up with West or Minford :12224 :12224 :12224 All i can say that it was no class!!!!!!!!!

Did any of you complain when Eastern used to get hammered in years past? The Waterford varsity girls beat Eastern real bad a year ago, not sure of scores something like 80's to 20's. It is what it is.

Shelly
Waterboy

Post by Shelly »

Eagle82, I am not sure people are complaining. Just putting in their two cents worth. Let it be noted, the two cents worth are coming from area schools, not Trimble.

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

I still say no class you don't kick a team like that by 73 points give me a break. I'm sorry thast just bull running the score up that bad i can imange how Trimble Girls felt .There could have been abetter solution to it then runing the score up sorry it is not cool at Any level pee wee JR. high or High school or even college . Sorry if i have made folks mad :12224 :12224

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

you guys are afraid of someone getting their feelings hurt. I worked the scoreboard at Webster the year after Cook and the rest of the seniors this year moved on and let me tell you, getting beat by 50 -60 points became the usual thing. that was no press, trap, or any kind of pressure like that. most of the time it's pure $hit ball handling and poor shooting on behalf of the losing team that leads to scores like these. not a ground and pound offense displayed by the winning team. The losers of this game only have one thing to think about and that is how to get better and not get beat by 70 points again. I question how many of you have actually been to a 7th grade JH game, because if you ever have been, you know it can get ugly in a heartbeat when you have 1 team : the athletes vs 2: the girls who might want to be cheerleaders or pretty girls or something along those lines.

bball009
Waterboy

Post by bball009 »

Coach93 wrote:I still say no class you don't kick a team like that by 73 points give me a break. I'm sorry thast just bull running the score up that bad i can imange how Trimble Girls felt .There could have been abetter solution to it then runing the score up sorry it is not cool at Any level pee wee JR. high or High school or even college . Sorry if i have made folks mad :12224 :12224

How in the world do you tell your girls to stop scoring and working on their game, i guess youve never been surronded with talent like these girls have, they are the real, i mean come on 4, maybe 5 have the potential to play after high school. One mayby two playin D1. Its not a case of no class trust me these are a great group of girls, last year was the complete opposite, coach burdette didnt let them do this and in fact noone improved their game passing the ball around. When they get ahead like this the work on their offenses, cause there is going to come a time when they need them. They are playin the the Vinton Co. Tounry and will match up agains teams like Jackson, Vinton Co, Logan all who have solid programs. I cannon wait to see them play Jackson cause i hear also hear they are the real deal, and i know the girls have played each oth during the summer in aau and gus macker. You think no class when these girls take the eastern name somewhere.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I'll take Jackson. :aaaaa94

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

I hope this rumor is true. Time will tell. Go Eagles!

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

What is Jackson's record this year. Who is their top players?

balln777
Waterboy

Post by balln777 »

JACKSON 8 TH GRADE IS UNDEFEATED TWO YEARS RUNNING.

THEY WON TONIGHT AGIANST PORTSMOUTH.

FROM WHAT I'VE SAW THERE IS 6 GIRLS THAT YOU HAVE TO STOP.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

What was the score?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

61-16

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

bball009 I'm sorry it's wrong to run the score up like that it makes no sense to me why you want to do it what does it prove Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And no if you read my post i said there could have been another solution to it i never expect the girls to quit playing but they could have worked on there off. running there sets etc. I coached a Jr high Girls team back in the 98-99 basketball season we played a team that was not as talented as we were so what we did was wrok on are set plays and other things everyone of the girls on my team played mostly the second team from the 1st qrt. on!! I just think there a point when you as a coach as to think about it . And ask the question how would your team feel if it was them on the other end of the score board thats all i'm saying. Sometimes we forget it's for the kids not for our Glory!!!!!!!!!!! :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

POLITICALLY CORRECT PRIORITY ALERT !!!

No team shall be allowed to score over 50 points. Starters must wear blindfolds after halftime. No sub/reserve is allowed to make any effort to play offense/defense(stand and watch them shoot till they score, might take awhile). Make at least 10 passes so that the other team looks even more foolish when they can't take it from you. No player shall play AAU or summer ball because most other players don't have the drive to improve. Put up a few shots at their basket and score for them. Travel at least 150 miles round trip so that your schoolwork suffers from getting in late to play better talent. Create a 30 point mercy rule so that everyone can leave early after travel time and money have already been put into the game. Fire the coach if the players give more than 50% effort. ANY OTHER IDEAS???

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Must change at halftime into coveralls and mountain boots. (Gloves are to be worn at coaches discression). LOL

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”