Varsity

Re: 7tg grade trimble tomcats beat alexander 44-6

Post by NYBUX »

Not against NY 7th they didn't :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I guess I was thinking about the 8th grade but then when they played NY----NY played mostly 7th graders

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

That is correct, NY doesn't have enough 8th graders to man a team.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

I guess it should be said that NY played 8th graders against Trimble in the 8th grade game age wise. They were just some kids held back a year to repeat the 7th grade. So Trimble 7th grade played an already pretty good 7th grade NY team with some redshirt 7th graders on it and every opportunity to win the game. So technically, NY played some 7th graders up, but the same kids played in the Trimble/ NY 7th grade game last year. :)Go figure....Ny is notorious for redshirting kids all through youth league. They have a bunch in their program right now. Alot of seniors for NY will be turing 19 this school year. A huge advantage at younger levels. Don't want to take anything away from kids. They have worked hard and I have a ton respect for them. They have taken advantage of every opportunity.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

TCAT1000+ wrote:I guess it should be said that NY played 8th graders against Trimble in the 8th grade game age wise. They were just some kids held back a year to repeat the 7th grade. So Trimble 7th grade played an already pretty good 7th grade NY team with some redshirt 7th graders on it and every opportunity to win the game. So technically, NY played some 7th graders up, but the same kids played in the Trimble/ NY 7th grade game last year. :)Go figure....Ny is notorious for redshirting kids all through youth league. They have a bunch in their program right now. Alot of seniors for NY will be turing 19 this school year. A huge advantage at younger levels. Don't want to take anything away from kids. They have worked hard and I have a ton respect for them. They have taken advantage of every opportunity.

Any proof on this???

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

hers a little proof......ny's starting 7th grade qb last yr is now starting qb on the 7th and 8th grade team this yr.....he will play 3yrs of jr high football,and was held back by parents just for football not grades

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

tcatpride wrote:hers a little proof......ny's starting 7th grade qb last yr is now starting qb on the 7th and 8th grade team this yr.....he will play 3yrs of jr high football,and was held back by parents just for football not grades
Is he the QB for both the 7th and 8th grade games this year?..... according to OHSAA.....A player may only play in 28 quarters ( 7 game schedule) or 32 quarters (8 game schedule). Playing in one quarter= one snap (this constitutes a whole quarter)

Surely he doesn't play in both!

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

trimble played them in 7th and 8th and he never missed a snap in either game.....im sure hes played every game they have had this season

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Interesting and totally against the rules!!!! WOW

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Im sure his quarters will be where they are supposed to be. This is not what I meant when stating my post. I just didn't want to see people like NYBUX pick on 13 year old kids and diminish what the young Tomcats have accomplished. It's no secret that they have struggled with the Buckeyes throughout the years of youth league. Heck, everyone does like I said they are a good team. They played them tough and could have won the game. but Kudos to NY on a hard fought win. This topic should be over.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”