4,5,6 BOYS and GIRLS BBALL TOURNEY MARCH 13-14 at McCLAIN HS

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
rebels8530
Riding the Bench

4,5,6 BOYS and GIRLS BBALL TOURNEY MARCH 13-14 at McCLAIN HS

Post by rebels8530 »

Cost $125, double elimination(possible 3 game guarantee, depends on space and time availability), 40 teams in last years event, looking for 8-12 teams in each division per gender, if 9-12 teams in each division may have to play Friday night the 12th of march, o.h.s.a.a. rules with exceptions in press rules per 4,5,6 grades and gender division, licensed referees, registration deadline is march 8, 2010, list of final rules n registration forms sent out at that time o when division is filled! It will be played at McClain High School and Junior high gym plus a couple other local gyms if needed! (at Greenfield McClain High School in Greenfield, Ohio)

If any further questions, contact me, Travis O'Connor at rebels_bball@yahoo.com or 740-701-7677

P.S. giving away 1st n 2nd sponsor and individuals along with 3rd sponsor with 7 or more in each division (4,5,6 Boys and Girls) 6 divisions total

HURRY DONT BE LEFT OUT

TEAMS coming from a variety of regions, dont continue to PLAY SAME OLD TEAMS you have been BEATING UP ON! Come PLAY some DIFFERENT TALENT and see if YOUR AS GOOD AS YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Teams from Blanchester(cincy area) to West Jefferson(columbus area) to Peebles(portsmouth-cincy area) to Beavercreek(dayton area)

Lots of Teams calling already, will have flyers and Team registration-rules out to interested or ready to register teams ASAP!

codeman00
Freshman Team

Re: 4,5,6 BOYS and GIRLS BBALL TOURNEY MARCH 13-14 at McCLAIN HS

Post by codeman00 »

how far is greenfield from ironton?

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

its 20 minutes from chillicothe, probably somewhere around 45minutes or so. I can make it to portsmouth in under an hour if that helps, any other questions get back with me if u need more.

codeman00
Freshman Team

Post by codeman00 »

thanks for the info

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

May be changing my tournament from DOUBLE ELIMINATION to POOL PLAY so everyone would get GUARANTEE of 3 GAMES for their money and I can also CONTROL GAME TIMES for TEAMS wanting to PLAY but coming from a longer DISTANCE and we have MOTELS nearby in Hillsboro, Washington Court House, and Chillicothe which are all only 15-20 minutes from Greenfield McClain high school, site of the tournament. I think will be changing TOURNEY PLAY STYLE, hope no one has a problem with it, will guarantee teams at least another game for their money! Top 2 teams in each POOL(2 POOLS in each division-gender) will play for 1st-2nd place and 2 losers will be guaranteed 3rd! Goes like this each has a "A" POOL and a "B" POOL, "A" 1st will play "B" 2nd and "A" 2nd will play "B" 1st. Both winners will play for 1st and 2nd place and the losers of those games will be both be given 3rd place instead of playing another game to decide 3rd(due to time frame allowed to play all the games in every division-gender).

If anyone has an issue with it, which they shouldnt due to more games for your money and have flexibility with game times, but someone always does and I am open for discussion and listen to any ideas!

P.S. Special note, everyone will not want to play early games and there is no guarantee to that, except for teams traveling over an hour or so away or teams with SPECIAL-SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES (EXAMPLES: High school team playing night before, late night, in high school tourney after or Team traveling over an hour to play). I will discuss SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES with COACH of that TEAM!

Hope this style of Tourney play will interest some more teams that want to play but have to travel a distance and worried about game times!

P.S.S Will not be able to make EVERYONE HAPPY(parents and coaches) but will DO MY BEST to make it an FUN and ENJOYABLE TOURNEY for ALL WHO PARTICIPATE and ATTEND! To SPREAD THE WORD for FUTURE TOURNAMENTS THAT I WILL PUT ON!

Thanks again n hope to see you all there,

Travis O'Connor

rebels_bball@yahoo.com
or
740-701-7677
for more INFORMATION

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

A lot of teams down your way near the river and a few same dates as mine! Have had great reviews from past teams, come our way and play some different teams to see if your team is as good as you think they are. I coach 4,5,6 boys and like traveling an hour or so to play different talent instead of playing same old teams, over n over, no competition in that and playing pool play so can work with you on times if your over an hour away and guaranteed 3 games and giving away 1st-2nd place sponsor and individuals(if 7-8 teams in each division n gender) along with 3rd place sponsor if that amount of teams. Hope to hear from some different teams n different talent

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

is this for school teams only or are you accepting travel teams ?

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

TRYING TO KEEP IT TO SCHOOL TEAMS, BUT THERE IS TRAVELING SAME SCHOOL TEAMS TOO! WE HAVE ONLY HAD A COUPLE TIMES OF TEAMS GETTING THAT HAD A MIX OF SCHOOLS, BUT WITH THE COMPETITION WE HAVE GOTTEN OVER LAST FEW YRS, I THINK THERE HAS ONLY BEEN 1 TEAM OUT OF 6 DIVISIONS, OVER LAS T 6YRS THAT HAS WON N THEY DIDNT WALK THRU THE TOURNAMENT, THEY HAD TO WORK TO WIN IT! I WOULD HOPE AN AAU OR MULTIPLE MIXED SCHOOL TEAM WOULDNT HAVE ANY FUN COMING TO PLAY IN A SCHOOL TEAM TOURNEY AND WOULD GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THOSE TYPE OF TEAMS WOULD BE PLAYING, BUT YOU ALWAYS HAVE A COACH OR PARENT THAT SNEAKS A TEAM IN BY FUDGING OR LIEING ON THEIR ROSTER FORM N I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THAT!

HOPE THAT ANSWERED UR QUESTION EVE THOUGH IT WAS LENGTHY,

TRAVIS O'CONNOR

P.S. ANYMORE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS GET BACK WITH ME OR EMAIL ME WOULD BE BETTER rebels_bball@yahoo.com or 740-701-7677

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

IF YOU OR YOUR TEAM IS INTERESTED IN GETTING I GET WITH ME QUICKLY, EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A TOURNAMENT THAT WEEKEND IN YOUR AREA WE ARE FILLING UP FAST AND ONLY HAVE A FEW TO LIMITED SPOTS LEFT IN EACH AGE GROUP AND DIVISION, A REALLY GOOD TOURNEY AND YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED! DON'T KEEP PLAYING OR BEATING UP ON SAME OLD TEAMS YEAR AFTER YEAR, COME PLAY SOME DIFFERENT TEAMS AND COMPETITION AND REALLY SEE HOW GOOD YOUR TEAM IS OR THAT YOU THINK THEY ARE!!! HOPE TO HEAR FROM U BEFORE WILL FILL UP N UR TEAM GETS LEFT OUT N U WISH U COULD HAVE BEEN IN!!!!

THANKS AGAIN,

TRAVIS O'CONNOR

Pointing Falcon
JV Team

Post by Pointing Falcon »

Are there any openings remaining for 4th grade boys?

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

I THINK THEIR R POSSIBLY 3, BUT HAD 2 CALLS TODAY ABOUT THAT AGE GROUP, JUST WAITING ON RECEIVING THEIR EMAILS TO LET ME KNOW TO EMAIL THEM ROSTER N WAIVER FORMS AND THEN ITS DONE BY 1ST 8 TEAMS TO GET ME THEIR ENTRY FEE AND COMPLETED FORMS IN THE MAIL TO CONFIRM THEY R IN THE TOURNEY!

HOPE THAT HELPED U SOME N HOPE TO HEAR FROM U, MY EMAIL IS IN THE POSTING, IF INTERESTED EMAIL WITH UR CONTACT INFO N WILL GET IT OUT TO U ASAP. DO U KNOW OF ANY 4TH GIRLS OR 6TH GIRLS INTERESTED!

THANKS,

TRAVIS

P.S. JUST IN CASE rebels_bball@yahoo.com or 740-701-7677

Pointing Falcon
JV Team

Hello, I emailed yesterday but no response about a 3rd & 4th grade team. Are there still openings?

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

R U INQUIRING ABOUT BOYS OR GIRLS 4TH GRADE? YES THERE IS 2 OPENINGS IN EACH, BUT WILL FILL QUICKLY NOW THAT ADVERTISED ON RADIO TODAY! WHAT SCHOOL R U REPRESENTING?

THANKS, TRAVIS

rebels8530
Riding the Bench

Post by rebels8530 »

DOWN TO ONLY 1 OR 2 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR ALL DIVISIONS N DEADLINE TO ENTER IS MARCH 7TH AT NOON. HAVING DEADLINE THIS EARLY IS TO GET GAME TIMES BACK ASAP N IF ANY CONFLICTS WITH UR LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL TEAM BOYS OR GIRLS PLAYING IN STATE TOURNAMENT, THIS WAY WE CAN ADJUST THEM SO UR TEAM CAN STILL PLAY N MAKE IT TO HIGH SCHOOL GAME THIS IS BENEFIT OF PLAYING POOL PLAY TOURNAMENT FORMAT.

THANKS,

TRAVIS

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Got the emails, no problem. Dropping the registration and entry fee in the mail tonight so you should get it tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Glad our team made it in.

Thanks from Peebles

Pointing Falcon
JV Team

Any idea when the schedule will be out for the 4th grade boys?

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Travis, I sent you an email today to see if you had the schedules ready yet for boys 6th grade...trying to work around county league games too...thanks :12223

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”