a boy on a girls team?

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

a boy on a girls team?

Post by 1987chieftains »

what is the rule on this? i know a girl can play on a boys team and that kids can play on other teams as long as play they're grade or up. but a boy on a girls team??

the_spectator
Waterboy

Re: a boy on a girls team?

Post by the_spectator »

What is the age group?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Huntington YMCA 6th grade boys team has a boy that looks like a girl! ;-) . In the past they have had girls on their teams.

But no I do not think a boy should be allowed on a girls team!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

6th grade girls. and no it was a boy :lol: i just never seen or heard of it. and i've been around and coach biddy b-ball for almost 13yrs now. although it wasn't my team playing but, it was my daughters team playing this team.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

With lawsuits what they are today, if a boy wanted to play on a "girls" team, I think you'd have a hard time denying it. I'd love to hear what everyone's opinion is on this since high schools and colleges must put so much emphasis on everything being equal between the sexes.

Why is it ok to put a girl on a boys' team but it's not ok to put a boy on a girls' team?

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

that shouldn't be able to do that.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

everyone has to be "PC". :roll:
i don't think a boys should play on a girls team. if a boy does play on a girls team i think they should be 2 grade under the team they are playing for. ex. 6 grade girls the boy must be in 4th grade. boys are way more agressive.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

HA HA here on the reverse situation:

Rock Hill's 6th grade boys team picked up 2 or three girls to play with them against an AAU 10 year old girls team last night in the SP 6th grade all star tourney. Rock Hill won by the way!! I think the girls were the deciding factor in the win!! :122249

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

two 6th grade girls played with them last night. In my opinion, two of the best six graders in the area. They play with the Rock Hill girls 5th/6th grade team and are definately our deciding factor. They have played all the ovc teams in the area and are just great competitve players and great kids. The girls team was off this week and I think they proved they can play even with the boys. Let's see what happens today against a boys Ironton team. You don't have to take it easy on them, Im sure they can handle the pressure. haha

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”