AT ATHENS
ATHENS GREEN VS NEW LEX BLACK-B
ATHENS GREEN VS FED HOCK
WELSTON VS ATHENS GOLD
TRIMBLE VS FED HOCK

AT MILLER
MEIGS VS MILLER

AT CHIEFTAIN
LYBA VS BOBCATS not sure what the score was but it was within 5pts. if this lyba team had some height they'd be a team to beat. fundumentally sound and good shooting team just no height.

1-16
AT NELSONVILLE
MEIGS VS ALEXANDER
MEIGS VS NEW LEX BLACK-B
ALEXANDER VS NY ORANGE
MILLER VS WELSTON

AT ATHENS
VC VS NEW LEX BLACK-A
VC VS TRIMBLE

AT FED HOCK
FED HOCK VS NY WHITE

AT MILLER
LYBA VS MILLER not sure on the score of this one either. but lyba blow them out by about 25. this was almost a football game. miller fouled out all but 3 or 4 kids.

AT CHIEFTAIN
BOBCATS VS ATHENS GOLD

nybballmom
Waterboy

Re: HVBL SCORES ALL GRADES

Post by nybballmom »

NY Boys 4th Grade Record
10-1
Lost to VC

The 6th Man
Waterboy

Post by The 6th Man »

I heard NY 6th girls coach say 2day after they won thier game, that they r undefeatd for the 3rd year. Thats a huge accomplishment. Congrats 2 the girls & coach!!
Mayb we could recruit a few of those coaches 2 come 2 r program

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

6 th grade boys
Lyba 23 vs miegs 48
Lyba 25 vs Alexander 31

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Athens 4th Grade Girls defeated Logan Bobcats Blue this afternoon 16-8 to win the HVBL Tournament Championship and finish the regular season with a record of 14-1. Very proud of these girls, several of which only picked up a basketball for the very first time this past November.

The 6th Man
Waterboy

Post by The 6th Man »

Congrats to Athens 4G team bcoming tourny champions. I had the chance to watch this fine group of young ladies play earlier n the season & thats exactly what they did......played. Very well coachd Im sure we will b chatn a lot about them n the future!!

Just curious, was your only loss n the regular season to the Logan team u beat n tourny 2day?

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Thank you. They are a great bunch of girls, with very supportive families as well.

Yes, in fact our one loss was to the team we defeated in the championship game. That team is very talented and well coached. I'm sure there will be several more exciting matchups between the two.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

HVBL TOURNEY BRACKETS

6TH BOYS
AT ALEXANDER HS
ROUND 1
BOBCATS VS LYBA 9AM
NY ORANGE VS NY WHITE 10:10AM
WELLSTON VS ATHENS GREEN 11:20AM

AT ALEXANDER JR HIGH
MEIGS VS FED HOCK 9AM
NEW LEX B VS ALEXANDER 10:10AM
NEW LEX A VS MILLER 11:20AM
ATHENS GOLD VS TRIMBLE 12:30PM

ROUND 2GAMES START TIME
AT HS
12:30PM
1:40PM
AT JR HIGH
1:40PM
2:50PM

ROUND 3
AT HS
2:50
AT JR HIGH
4:00PM

CHAMPIONSHIP ON SUNDAY
AT NY ELEMENTARY
3:00PM

GOOD LUCK ALL, PLAY HARD!!!

LRBA
Waterboy

Post by LRBA »

I would really like to see the overall league records if anyone has them. Does anyone know how bracket was decided? Is it 2 vs. 15, 3 vs. 14, 4 vs. 13, etc. with #1 getting a first round by? This is our first year in the league and I was just curious... Thanks!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

lyba 6th grade boys are 6-7.
the backets are set up like the ncaa, 2 playing 8 etc... 1 set getting the 1st round by.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vinton County 4th grade boys posted a 13-0 record.

LRBA
Waterboy

Post by LRBA »

With all do respect Chieftans, #2 doesn't play #8 in the NCAA tournament. It is as I listed above. 1v16,2v15,3v14 ......8v9, etc. By the way the tournament is set up, it just looks like it was randomly drawn. That is why I would like to see the records. I can pretty much look at the bracket and pick which teams are the top 4 and which are the bottom 4 and those games don't exactly correlate with one another. Just an example is that you state your record is 6-7, our record should be 6-6 which includes a forfeit for a team that didn't show up, however we play Athens green which I believe finished with a better record than the Bobcat team that LYBA plays. If the bracket was set up such as the NCAA, then the higher ranked Athens would play the lower ranked LYBA. It isn't a huge deal, however it could be the difference in a team playing 1 game or a team playing 2-4 games. I hope you understand my point and I am not sure if any of the other teams have recognized this but it could be an issue. I am not blaming Mr. Hurd, but it could be that sites reported scores incorrectly or any number of factors. I have enjoyed this league, but the one complaint I hear from a lot of parents and coaches is that they would like to see the league standings posted on the league website as the season progresses. At least coaches and parents could keep tabs on whether or not the wins/losses are being recorded correctly at the site. That would be a great addition next year!

6-4-3=2
Waterboy

Post by 6-4-3=2 »

I am going to jump in here and echo the thoughts of lrba. It seems as if the 4th grade boys bracket was randomly drawn as well. Athens Green 4th grade team finished the year 10-3. The above-mentioned vinton co. team had our league's best record, yet did not get either one of two byes in our tournament. Because we don't have access to all league records, as far as I can tell, the two byes went to the 2nd and 4th best records overall. It would be nice to know how exactly the brackets were created, as well as viewing updated standings a few times throughout the year.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Ah yes you are correct lrba. And I do agree with you guys about someone posting team standings. This was why I started this thread. So everyone could have some kind of a bearing on how other teams where doing. But I was hoping for more entries.

The 6th Man
Waterboy

Post by The 6th Man »

Im not tryn 2 point fingers but I believe that each site director was told at the October organizational meeting, pryor 2 the season kicking off, 2 turn weekend result from your site 2 the league president via email, fax, text, phone, pony express etc. which wasnt done every weekend

LRBA
Waterboy

Post by LRBA »

That is probably true, however there are teams in the League that do not have home sites. We have to just hope that the sites we play at are making sure this is being done accurately. And if the sites aren't submitting the results in a timely or accurate manner then maybe someone should police the sites a little better....and I'm not pointing fingers either :)

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

It would be nice if there was someone you could call and talk to or that would answer an e-mail. If the person running the league doesn't have all of the teams records to do a bracket based off of those records then I would think asking for that before seeding the teams would make sense. I can speak about the 4B bracket which is wrong in so many ways unless this is just a blind draw. If that's the case then that is fine, just would like to know. Nelsonville has 1 loss and deserves a first round bye which they got. Vinton County goes undefeated and does not get a bye. How does that happen?? Miller Purple finishes with 3 losses and gets a first round bye. Athens Green finishes with 3 losses and beats Miller Purple head to head and does not get a bye. Can anyone explain? Also, why did some teams play 12 games and some played 13? With 14 teams in the league this should not of happened.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

WHO WON THE 6TH GRADE BOYS TOURNEY??

The 6th Man
Waterboy

Post by The 6th Man »

Sorry for not havn final score but: 6B Vinton County beat New Lexington

6G Nelsonville-York beat Athens

5B Nesonville-York beat Vinton County