Waterboy

Re: best girls 4th 5th and 6th grade teams

Post by hall_21 »

i would say the best 6th grade team i have seen play this year is south webster

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

I would concur with that, especially with the shooter they have that stretches the D, but wonder what would happen if you match up man to man, the two games I saw, they were being played straight zone, the shooter on that team doesnt need much time or space, they are definitely one of the best..

fan of basketball
Waterboy

Post by fan of basketball »

i would agree also i seen the south webster team play at minford they were a good team i also seen the coal grove 5th grade team and they were very good also didnt get to watch any of the 3rd or 4th graders play

turncoat-ump13
Freshman Team

Post by turncoat-ump13 »

Valley 4th grade is a good team. I know they won the Minford tournament.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

Coal Grove's 4th grade girls team is 25-0 for the season. A great group of girls on this team and coaches

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

Coal Grove can play no doubt about it, but when you are pressing and playing man to man on a 3rd grade team when you are blowing them out by 15+, what does it prove....especially when most tournys only give you a +13 for the win anyway..great bunch of players though, I haven't seen them play but have heard about em....wont' take that away from you..

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I've seen a few of the 3-4 grade teams over the years from Lawrence County in tournaments and they seem alot more organized than the local teams. Most of the local teams don't travel. Do the Lawrence county teams play together against other schools all season?

grovefanfrom94
Riding the Bench

Post by grovefanfrom94 »

I've helped coach this Coal Grove team for two years now, and dont ever remember us running a man to man on anybody. Furthermore I dont recall trying to run the score up on anybody either. We have had plenty of opportunities to beat teams by alot of pts this year and have not. We play all 10 kids every game. Falconburger I'm sorry that they we had to play the 3rd graders in this last tourny, but I quess that is the way the brackets fall sometimes.

I would like to say to my 10 girls that have worked hard this year to Achieve that record of 25-0. Girls thank you for the great year and we as a community are very proud of you and hope you continue to work hard on everything you choose to do.

Thank you

grovefanfrom94
Riding the Bench

Post by grovefanfrom94 »

To: Siderman

At Coal Grove we have a league that the girls and boys play about a 10 season schedule. At the end of that 10 game schedule each coach with vote on 10 kids to play on a allstar team. These 10 kids will probably practice together 2 times if your lucky, and then wll go play in these tournaments.

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

Grovefan, wasnt knocking the your kids..Was just told the info that you were pressing and playing man to man..and when I was told the score 39-1, was easy to believe it..no slight towards your girls, I know that when kids get a steal or a easy shot they are going to go with it and that is what you want..maybe all my info was not correct..

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

The score was 36-1

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Coal Grove did have a very nice team. I have a daughter that played for Ironton and her team was 0-4 against them. The problem with the lop-sided scores is that some of these "all star" teams just aren't very good. We had a couple of 25-0 or 30-2 games against some of these teams as well.

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

SportsFan wrote:Coal Grove did have a very nice team. I have a daughter that played for Ironton and her team was 0-4 against them. The problem with the lop-sided scores is that some of these "all star" teams just aren't very good. We had a couple of 25-0 or 30-2 games against some of these teams as well.
I agree with you SportsFan, the age of "all-stars" I truly believe is gone..hard to compete with teams that play together all season and you have a team that players have had different coaches and different teaching abilities..I have benefitted in the past of having a team that played together outside the league, as well as in the league..It truly helps, and their is nothing wrong with it, just an evolution of the game, especially in the girls..Coal Grove works for what they get and I don't knock any team that works...

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

Coal Grove worked very hard for what they got this year. Coal groves all-star team consist of girls from all 3 teams we had during regular season. We had a total of 2 practices for r all-star team. As a parent I am VERY proud of them and hope only to see them succeed in everything they do in life.

tankscoach
Waterboy

Post by tankscoach »

I would say the best team our Lady Shermans faced all year was the Logan team.The Logan 4th grade girls are very well coached and have a very good guard #15.I would like to congratulate the 4th grade Lady shermans on a very good year 20-3 and winning the Tri-County league and tourny championship.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”