Coal Grove being stolen from!!

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
WE ARE ND
JV Team

Re: Coal Grove being stolen from!!

Post by WE ARE ND »

I agree, and also education should come first. I beleive sports have a big impact on a child's life and they should participate in them. But let's remember what SCHOOL is for.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Wasn't this school under investigation before for some violations? I know some people for Raceland and they said that even as recent as last year they were on the verge of having some victories taken away from them?
Also, I know the academics at this school are terrible. Very poor testing results.

generalfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by generalfootballfan »

Yes, the school system isn't very good at Fairview. Looking at the 2009-2010 Composite ACT testing over there and doing a little filtering you will see that Fairview ranked at about 205 out of about 230 schools over in KY. That's not very good. So, to say that grades are what matters, you should probably do a little research. I would imagine that you're not going to be getting a very good education in that district.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

I have done my research all I need to do for my son, another thing why are you people still talking about this it is a done deal . Everything is going great. As I said in previos post if you don't like or have any other ?'s on the subjecty fill free to IM me, will answer any ?'s or comments you may have. Other than that people don't need to worry about my son or his education I promise he will do just fine no matter where he is at.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

http://www.education.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyre ... 2010v1.pdf

Link to KCCT scores for the entire state of Kentucky. Fairview Independent is a very poor performing school with this indicator too. VERY low in a few areas.

Just thought that I would pass this along. You do say that education is the most important thing.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

we all know talk is cheap.thank you for doing the real research.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

I am going to tell you all this one more time. It is none of your business where or what my kids do. You all are to chicken shyt to come talk to me about it in person or call me. Everyone has to hide behind a pc and talk all their crap.Rico you seem to know alot on the subject and about me, you must be a coach @ Coal Grove or something.

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

Geesh sorry! Obviously I don't know the entire situation. Just trying to help. I just noticed the post and thought a move to Fairview was pretty silly if education was really that important, knowing how academic inefficient they are.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

Stating facts isn't trash talking or running your mouth.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

they should just move to ky. and everything would be fine. wish you all luck across the river.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

Everything is gonna be fine anyway brother rico. I promise you that.Maybe you should go back where you came from.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

waaaaaaaaaa. go cry across the river. you and the mcknights should move over there to support your fairview school 100 percent.. quit straddling the fence and move on over. you made your choice, so move on. we will be fine here at the grove . life goes on. its not like we are losing nfl superstars. the grove may be better off not having to listen to the parents griping. you ought to be glad that a coach cares enough to call. i don't have to go anywhere because i am a true hornet for life and faithful to my school, true loyalty.

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

hornetmom wrote:educamatters u still didnt tell me what the deal is if kids transfers schools. Also i know for a fact that there is alot of kids at CG that does not live in cg area but yet the still go to cg n they play sports so whts the big deal. I still have a child that goes to CG so people shut up. You all wanna hear something even funnier! About a month ago we got call at my house guess who it was? It was a high school coach from CG begging for us not to take r son across the river. wht is it to him where any one kid goes to school at. Everybody just mind ur own n things will work out for everyone.
I don’t know who you or who your kids are and couldn’t care less where they go to school. Nor do I have and opinion of how big of a deal it is that someone transfers schools. As I said before, I just saw the post and thought that I would try to help with some true facts. From all the misspelled words, punctuation and grammar errors in all of your posts and the fact that all you seem to want to try to do is call people out (I guess to fight), and cry about people not being a man or whining that they should mind their own business, I could tell that the posters were trying to reason with a couple of childish parents with below average intelligence who are being duped in to a move because their son must be a good athlete and someone has convinced them that Fairview is a great school system.
What is going to happen if your son would happen to have some colleges interested in him and he isn’t able to pass the ACT or SAT because the education he received in high school isn’t sufficient? Or, even worse, he does make it past those entrance exams and finds himself in college but isn’t able to make the grades? Maybe he is a very intelligent boy, I don’t know, but without the knowledge that he needs to take out of high school with him, college is going to be a bear.
Last edited by educamatters on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I don't have a dog in this fight and I really don't care one way or the other where these kids are going to go to school. The question I have though is how can a kid living in Ohio attend a Kentucky school? I can see open enrollment from one school district to another within the same state, but can you do this to bordering states as well? Just curious.

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

Oh, they find a way over there! One way or another. Following the rules or not following the rules. It doesn't matter to them.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

Are you gonna start your stuff again falcon? I thought that I had cleared it up for you. I guess not when you find what rule that I have broken by taking my own kid to another school to coach him, then you let me please. am gonna state this again it is none of no ones bus. where or what I do with my kids. I am gonna say this one more time if you want to call me or meet me woth your problems just call.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Hornetman, don't listen to anyone on this board, just do what you do and make sure you boy keeps doing what he does, our lost can be a big gain for Fairview, just make sure he remembers from his little league days that you cannot use your helmet in Kentucky football.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”