Fall Baseball League?

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Thepeake1
Waterboy

Fall Baseball League?

Post by Thepeake1 »

Anybody have any info on fall baseball league for a 12U team? We're looking to join a league in Southern Ohio/NE Kentucky area.

then what
Varsity

Re: Fall Baseball League?

Post by then what »

Fall is made for football!

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

then what wrote:Fall is made for football!
Have you ever heard of the FALL classic (The World Series)? There are some that do not play football and want to work on their baseball skills.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

then what wrote:Fall is made for football!
You could say the same about basketball being a winter sport also and not a summer sport with AAU's influence.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Fall is made for FOOTBALL! Winter is for Basketball and Spring is for Baseball and TRACK! This one sport crap needs to go! In this area we do not have the numbers to play one sport and be sucessful I don't care what school you attend! So to the coaches @ all levels that push the kids to make a choice and pick one sport wise up! Playing all or 2 sports developes character and toughness and the collage coaches will respect a 2 or 3 sport athlete far more than the 1 sport athelete!!!!!!!!!!!

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Thepeake1 never mentioned anything about his son being a 1 sport player.... Most of the fall baseball games are on sunday, and alot of the kids play football and baseball........... He may be a 1 sport player which is fine with me, but just because he asked about a fall baseball team does'nt mean his kid does'nt play football..... Basketball is a year round sport now, with plenty of these kids playing baseball and football....

Thepeake1
Waterboy

Post by Thepeake1 »

Tobias and oleblue52 hit the nail on the head. He has always played 3 sports until last year, when he sat basketball season out. Football ran into November and he was completely wore out. He does plan to continue playing football and baseball, and might even get back into basketball this year. It is up to him. The team he plays with is sticking together to play more in the fall. From what I've been told, the games will be on Sundays, allowing the majority of the boys to play both football and baseball. I agree with Tobias, football is not the only sport that will develop character and toughness. Just watch an 11 or 12 year old catch for 6 innings, without complaining once, in the 100 degree heat, then tell me he is not tough and loaded with character. I love watching my boys play whatever they are happy playing. Just looking for a league to join in the Fall.

jtpop
Riding the Bench

Post by jtpop »

Just because a kid wants to play fall baseball doesnt mean he is dedicated to one sport. My youngest plays fall baseball, spring baseball, winter basketball and spring AAU basketball, he also played football up untill this fall. he wants to play soccer this year. As long as he likes to play I will not try to get him to decide on one sport, even though 1 sport would be easier on me.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

then what wrote:Fall is made for FOOTBALL! Winter is for Basketball and Spring is for Baseball and TRACK! This one sport crap needs to go! In this area we do not have the numbers to play one sport and be sucessful I don't care what school you attend! So to the coaches @ all levels that push the kids to make a choice and pick one sport wise up! Playing all or 2 sports developes character and toughness and the collage coaches will respect a 2 or 3 sport athlete far more than the 1 sport athelete!!!!!!!!!!!
What a ridiculous comment. My son plays and excels at baseball and basketball. He loves football, he just chooses not to play it. One of the best things we ever did in Chesapeake was to start a fall baseball program. It gave my son and every kid in Chesapeake the chance to play their favorite sport in a less competitive, much more instructional format. Those on here that have participated in fall ball know that it is much more about the kids development than a win or a loss. The kids loved that. They were able to learn skills such as pitching, better hitting, and fielding other positions that they were unable to do in Spring. It made our league and our All Star teams much better for it. In addition, all of the kids that played fall ball for us also played other sports....just not football.

Fall ball is one of the reasons my son has developed into a very good player. I encourage any child who loves baseball that is not necessarily thrilled with playing football to become involved in a fall baseball program.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Rock Hill has one of the best Fall Ball programs around .

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”