Jr high power poll and season recap

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
big_fella
Freshman Team

Jr high power poll and season recap

Post by big_fella »

List in your opinion the strongest teams from your area or conference or just overall. Just for some fun discussions

Railroadn
JV Team

Re: Jr high power poll and season recap

Post by Railroadn »

8th Grade
1) Jackson
2) Coal Grove
3) P.West
After that its hard to say.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I agree that these are probably the three best teams in the area though with out playing head to head very tough to say who would be number one.

Wouldve loved to to West and Jackson get a chance to go head to head wouldve been a heck of a game.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

noles_fan wrote:I agree that these are probably the three best teams in the area though with out playing head to head very tough to say who would be number one.

Wouldve loved to to West and Jackson get a chance to go head to head wouldve been a heck of a game.
Not close

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

My top three watching all the local teams, would have Jackson at the top followed by Johnson Central and then Coal Grove. Those three separated themselves from everyone else. The rest of the area teams I feel could have won on their given night...no major powers...those three were very good!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

IBTT wrote:My top three watching all the local teams, would have Jackson at the top followed by Johnson Central and then Coal Grove. Those three separated themselves from everyone else. The rest of the area teams I feel could have won on their given night...no major powers...those three were very good!
So Jackson Beat Ironton by 4 more points than West did so that makes them so much better. West scrimmaged Coal Grove at the beginning of the season so I know how we stack up to them. I know you hate the fact that West got the best of you but facts are facts. West had one of the top programs in the area if not the best.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

noles_fan wrote:
IBTT wrote:My top three watching all the local teams, would have Jackson at the top followed by Johnson Central and then Coal Grove. Those three separated themselves from everyone else. The rest of the area teams I feel could have won on their given night...no major powers...those three were very good!
So Jackson Beat Ironton by 4 more points than West did so that makes them so much better. West scrimmaged Coal Grove at the beginning of the season so I know how we stack up to them. I know you hate the fact that West got the best of you but facts are facts. West had one of the top programs in the area if not the best.
Ironton played West with "3" Starters. Ironton was a much different team by the Jackson game. Ironton had more first downs than West. West got four long passes for scores over our backup corner and safety. West won all their games and had a good season. But they didn't stack up to those 3! Ironton didn't win, but definitely the score wasn't a show of how the game was played. Our backs were getting 9/10 yards a carry...just made bad decisions near the goal line...and West played big. Ironton was inside the ten six times.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

IBTT wrote:
noles_fan wrote:
Ironton played West with "3" Starters. Ironton was a much different team by the Jackson game. Ironton had more first downs than West. West got four long passes for scores over our backup corner and safety. West won all their games and had a good season. But they didn't stack up to those 3! Ironton didn't win, but definitely the score wasn't a show of how the game was played. Our backs were getting 9/10 yards a carry...just made bad decisions near the goal line...and West played big. Ironton was inside the ten six times.
Oh yeah. A few mistakes led to the 38-0 score. Yeah the tigers were in it till the bitter end. :lol:

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

IBTT wrote:
noles_fan wrote:
Troll on pal your opinion has no value. Your just a bitter dad that can't stand the fact that your team got beat. Ask any team who played us how good those boys are. You're typical of so many ironton fans always have to make excuses. People would have more respect for you if you would lose graciously. You didn't see West fans on here last year crying for weeks because Ironton beat a West team that was mostly 7th graders. How if we wouldn't have fumbled twice inside the 10 we would've won the game. If you want to be petty go else where.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Everyone should enjoy their Jr. High and even 9th grade wins because when it come to Varsity ball it is a different ball game.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

noreply66 wrote:Everyone should enjoy their Jr. High and even 9th grade wins because when it come to Varsity ball it is a different ball game.
:aaaaa12 This is the superbowl to some teams. Varsity is the furthest thing they want to think about. The top high school programs in the area for the most part all have been down lately in junior high, but I am sure the teams that are beating them now won't want any part of playing them come a couple of years from now. JS

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

IBTT wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Everyone should enjoy their Jr. High and even 9th grade wins because when it come to Varsity ball it is a different ball game.
:aaaaa12 This is the superbowl to some teams. Varsity is the furthest thing they want to think about. The top high school programs in the area for the most part all have been down lately in junior high, but I am sure the teams that are beating them now won't want any part of playing them come a couple of years from now. JS
Some are down at the varsity level too. :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246
Did you not see the category this thread is in? This is a thread about Jr High football nothing else. These kids have been winners at every level and there isn't any reason that is going to change. If you want to debate high school sports with me do it on a high school thread.

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

I really don't think any of those teams could beat Chillicothe's 8th grade team. They have not been beaten in a very long time. 7 - 0 as seventh graders and 6 - 0 - 1 as eight graders.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

sibibis45 wrote:I really don't think any of those teams could beat Chillicothe's 8th grade team. They have not been beaten in a very long time. 7 - 0 as seventh graders and 6 - 0 - 1 as eight graders.
Only asking...but has Chilicothe played Jackson in the past couple of years. They were huge up front, fast and strong. Hadn't been scored on all year. They were loaded. Johnson Central wasn't too far off!!

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

Chillicothe 8th has played Jackson the past couple of years from the pee wee level and we played them last year as 7th graders too. The Chillicothe 8th grade I believe has never lost to Jackson.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe 8th grade has never lost to Jackson is a true statement..

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Chilicothe must be loaded if they can beat Jackson..They have the whole package. If those boys stay together they will be tough to beat..Chilicothe must have some real talent.

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

bvmv4life wrote:Chillicothe 8th grade has never lost to Jackson is a true statement..
Yeah, but i don't think they've faced the current Jackson 8th grade team that is coached by coach Williams.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

What about 7th grade?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Slew72 wrote:
bvmv4life wrote:Chillicothe 8th grade has never lost to Jackson is a true statement..
Yeah, but i don't think they've faced the current Jackson 8th grade team that is coached by coach Williams.
Did this years 8th grade play Chillicothe last year as 7th graders? If so what was the score?

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”