Freshman Team

11/12 boys Burg v. Rock Hill game

Post by MClaw »

Why wasn't this game played tonight?

jtpop
Riding the Bench

Re: 11/12 boys Burg v. Rock Hill game

Post by jtpop »

I heard a rumor the was a dispute over some of the wheelersburg players.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

There was a protest filed over some eligibility issues.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

I wonder what that will do to the tournament if they are disqualified?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The protest committee with Little League International will decide what happens with the bracket.

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

Hmmm! :roll:

mr t
Waterboy

Post by mr t »

Any word? Just wondering if this game will be played tonight or not

codeman00
Freshman Team

Post by codeman00 »

Well, Wheelersburg had to forfeit due to ineligible players, they drop to the losers bracket. I don't know the details other than Rock Hill got credited with the win

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Wheelersburg had to forfeit tonight's game only. The three games previously played and won with ineligible players, they did not have to forfeit. Where is the fair play in that?

Do you know who gets hurt in all this? Kids. The boys who were ineligible because of adults and ALL the players for Clay, Ironton, and Portsmouth West. Truly, this is embarrassing. :oops:

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

I feel bad for the Rock Hill team for traveling all the way to South Webster a couple days in a row and not playing. They practiced on the unused field this evening so the trip wouldn't be a total loss.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Wheelersburg vs West is scheduled tomorrow at 11:00 am. Wheelersburg has the chance to play without a few players who have been ruled ineligible. The winner will take on Rock Hill on Sunday and possibly Monday.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Finally someone exposed the Burg! They've been doing this for years so why not continue this pattern of cheating? Cheating by way of getting waivers for kids who don't live in Burgs LL boundaries.....Been going on for years! It's just not possible for a Village the size of Burg to win , or be in the hunt for a district 11 title year in and year out... It's a shame that a lot of LL teams in the past who didn't cheat the system{ by way of waivers} never got a chance to play in the states.... Some talented teams that didn't stack their team... Over the years I witnessed a kid who played 9-10 year old all-stars for a weak team and 11-12 he somehow made it to the burg! Whats amazing is their always talented kids... Waivers!!!!! Wonder why they didn't get waiver to play at Newville! It's the parents who are sick not the kids.....It's sick to hold a kid back for sports but that's another subject....... I know what you Burg fans are going to come back with...We have great coaches! we develop are players! Not saying you don't have good Coaches but most Coaches go up with their kids as they move on and I suppose the Burg just gets lucky year in and year out with great Coaches and above talented kids......No Way ! It's rigged! Has been since LL started losing Charters and Williamsport letting Teams get by with unfair advantages!!!! It's basically the same teams the last few years at states! Hamilton , Dover , Maumee ,Canton ect...ect... When LL 1st started years ago you played on the team in your Boundary Period! No bull crap waiver cheating...Or giving someone else address to play on a better team.....

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

oleblue52 wrote:Finally someone exposed the Burg! They've been doing this for years so why not continue this pattern of cheating? Cheating by way of getting waivers for kids who don't live in Burgs LL boundaries.....Been going on for years! It's just not possible for a Village the size of Burg to win , or be in the hunt for a district 11 title year in and year out... It's a shame that a lot of LL teams in the past who didn't cheat the system{ by way of waivers} never got a chance to play in the states.... Some talented teams that didn't stack their team... Over the years I witnessed a kid who played 9-10 year old all-stars for a weak team and 11-12 he somehow made it to the burg! Whats amazing is their always talented kids... Waivers!!!!! Wonder why they didn't get waiver to play at Newville! It's the parents who are sick not the kids.....It's sick to hold a kid back for sports but that's another subject....... I know what you Burg fans are going to come back with...We have great coaches! we develop are players! Not saying you don't have good Coaches but most Coaches go up with their kids as they move on and I suppose the Burg just gets lucky year in and year out with great Coaches and above talented kids......No Way ! It's rigged! Has been since LL started losing Charters and Williamsport letting Teams get by with unfair advantages!!!! It's basically the same teams the last few years at states! Hamilton , Dover , Maumee ,Canton ect...ect... When LL 1st started years ago you played on the team in your Boundary Period! No bull crap waiver cheating...Or giving someone else address to play on a better team.....

How is it possible fo a village the size of the burg to have the success they have had at the highschool level? Is this a paper work issue or something else? I dont know all the circumstances with this situation but one name i heard has always went to wheelersburg and has always played little league there. you would find more teams(all ages boys and girls) that have at least 1 kid outside of there area than teams entirely filled with players within there boundry. I can think of one team that over half the kids on the team live outside of there boundry area, its not just the burg that does this.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

fbnut wrote:
oleblue52 wrote:Finally someone exposed the Burg! They've been doing this for years so why not continue this pattern of cheating? Cheating by way of getting waivers for kids who don't live in Burgs LL boundaries.....Been going on for years! It's just not possible for a Village the size of Burg to win , or be in the hunt for a district 11 title year in and year out... It's a shame that a lot of LL teams in the past who didn't cheat the system{ by way of waivers} never got a chance to play in the states.... Some talented teams that didn't stack their team... Over the years I witnessed a kid who played 9-10 year old all-stars for a weak team and 11-12 he somehow made it to the burg! Whats amazing is their always talented kids... Waivers!!!!! Wonder why they didn't get waiver to play at Newville! It's the parents who are sick not the kids.....It's sick to hold a kid back for sports but that's another subject....... I know what you Burg fans are going to come back with...We have great coaches! we develop are players! Not saying you don't have good Coaches but most Coaches go up with their kids as they move on and I suppose the Burg just gets lucky year in and year out with great Coaches and above talented kids......No Way ! It's rigged! Has been since LL started losing Charters and Williamsport letting Teams get by with unfair advantages!!!! It's basically the same teams the last few years at states! Hamilton , Dover , Maumee ,Canton ect...ect... When LL 1st started years ago you played on the team in your Boundary Period! No bull crap waiver cheating...Or giving someone else address to play on a better team.....

How is it possible fo a village the size of the burg to have the success they have had at the highschool level? Is this a paper work issue or something else? I dont know all the circumstances with this situation but one name i heard has always went to wheelersburg and has always played little league there. you would find more teams(all ages boys and girls) that have at least 1 kid outside of there area than teams entirely filled with players within there boundry. I can think of one team that over half the kids on the team live outside of there boundry area, its not just the burg that does this. I am sure there probably are kids that get waivers to play at newville and probably most schools in the area. There have been kids leave the burg little league and go to green's litttle league, minford little league and not move outside of the burg. A lot of the portsmouth teams that include the notre dame kids live outside of portsmouth.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Now burg gets to play today, having not played since Monday. That means all of their pitchers are good to go.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Every league has players that play "out of boundary". Little League has made allowances for kids to play out of boundary with certain paperwork completed. I wouldn't consider these issues to be as "dirty" as some want to make it sound. It's usually more of an issue of paperwork than it is anything else.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

You know what? I'm not going to sit here and argue the facts to parents with blinders on.....It is what it is.....I will say this....To think a village this size could possibly win year in and year out or be in the hunt is unrealistic....Their getting help by unfair tactics and anyone with common sense knows this....Don't bring in HS championships to try and deflect this subject.... Speaking of HS I believe Wheerlersburg has open enrollment so I see no problem in a kid wanting to play baseball there who doesn't live there....Whats HS championships have to do with shady tactics at the LL level? Nothing! To start with that's how u get the kids at the HS level to play there....Who doesn't want to play for a winner....Parents want their kids noticed thinking they have the next Derek jeter.... So by cheating at the LL level it draws att to great players in the area who want to play there in HS..Thus state Championships.....Has nothing to do with LL back room politics.....This district 11 regime is shadier than the Obama Admin!! The district 11 big wigs getting hit hard with protest this year....Great to see people step up and stop this corrupt bullcrap! on a side note... Whats up with the new fad of holding kids back for sports???? lol sick Parents.... You ought to have a great ball team with 16 year old freshman moving up through the years......Every League may have Players out of boundary but every league is not hanging the district 11 Championship on their fence every year like Wheelersburg.. Wonder why! Great Coaches right? Bull crap... it's da Horses that should never been allowed to play on these teams.... Not familiar with this years team but apparently something was done wrong! heheheh...I defeniately know some of the past teams that were stacked with illegal kids......

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

where have you been? people have been holding kids back for sports for a long time. So by reading your post you really dont care if kids play outside of there boundry, you just dont want talented kids playing outside there boundry at the burg and you dont want this because the burg has had to much success in recent years and because they hang banners somewhere.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

lol....U have to be kidding me...Parents never held back kids for sports when I was in High School....Sure that was several moons ago but in the last 10-15 years its became an epidemic....Shame on the parents!!!! You hold kids back for an education if their having trouble... Not so they can dominate younger kids in sports! The Burg has had success in Baseball at the LL level by not following the rules! Period!!!!!! Wheelersburg has open enrollment in HS so any kid who wants to go there can! Their not breaking the rules....... However LL doesn't have open enrollment!!!! They have Boundaries.. It's called CHEATING Keep them blinders on fbut! What don't u understand.....LL was set up to be fair as possible by having boundaries to keep teams from loading up....This is exactly what has been happening lately not just Burg but other teams like warner Robbins Ga , Dover , Maumee, I could go on and on... Travel teams...lol.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Why did it take so long to find out about the players who were ineligible? Everyone had to turn in their player information at the meeting before the tournament started, but I heard burg did not show up. Now every team that was beaten by burg has a legitimate argument. Why don't they have to forfeit all the games they played in, not just the one against Rock Hill? They should be out of the tournament!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”