11/12 boys Burg v. Rock Hill game

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
jujubean
Freshman Team

Re: 11/12 boys Burg v. Rock Hill game

Post by jujubean »

Good question MClaw. It was very unfortunate for West to have to face Wheelersburg twice. They were placed in the loser's bracket by Wheelersburg (who had the ineligible players at the time), had to play Wednesday, Friday and Saturday while Wheelersburg and Rock Hill both could set back and wait with pitching.

West is now eliminated, beaten twice by Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg was not made to forfeit any games prior to Rock Hill, Friday. And that was only because they showed up with 8 legal players.

I don't blame Wheelersburg, I blame the people in charge for allowing this to take place for so long.

Again, it is sad.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

I think Burg has been very successful at the Little League level because they have so many kids in their program not because they use illegal players. I believe they have already won at several levels this year and are still in the running at several others. If they were winning because illegal players I would think every level would be protested. I am by the way not a Burg fan but yes a little jealous since my son goes to a school that did not even have enough kids interested to be able to field a team.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

MClaw wrote:Why did it take so long to find out about the players who were ineligible? Everyone had to turn in their player information at the meeting before the tournament started, but I heard burg did not show up. Now every team that was beaten by burg has a legitimate argument. Why don't they have to forfeit all the games they played in, not just the one against Rock Hill? They should be out of the tournament!
LL International made the decision on who was eligible and who was not. That was not done locally.

Wheelersburg did show up for the meeting to check paperwork and actually had all their paperwork done before the meeting. The only question was regarding waivers on players living outside of the league's boundaries. The league was under the impression that the waivers had been filed and were available. This turned out to be untrue. This is not a matter of anyone doing anything underhanded. It was just a matter of missing/incomplete paperwork.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Didn't this same thing happen with the 9/10 boys either last year or the year before?

If they played a game with an illegal player they should be disqualified.

While the other poster is a bit dramatic he does make some good points. They know what their doing and they know its wrong. But if they can get these kids in their system when their young they will probably go to school at the burg. So it does effect their program greatly. Some people put too much stock in all stars. But if they weren't told they could play allstars, most would probably stay at their home school.

Holding kids back is a parent decision. West has made it difficult to due after the kid starts school. Which is wrong. They are your children. Wheelersburg has been doing it a lot and I don't blame them. It helps the kids excell. Don't they have the pre kindergarten and pre 1st? I know we don't. Their are age limits for middle school and high school. If they are legal its fine by me.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Yes Burg does have a Pre-1st grade, but what does all the talk about holding kids back for sports have to do with Little League? Little league age groups are determined on when a child is born and has nothing to do with what grade the child is in.

Westfan, you are correct. Kids can't be 15 before Aug.1 of their 8th grade year or 19 by Aug.1 of their senior year, per the OHSAA.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

what if bday is aug 1? Is that legal? Thanks.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The baseball birthday cutoff is May 1.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Burg is not the only school that has pre-k or pre first or has alot of kids that were "held back". If you look at the current 11-13 year old age group I would be willing to guess there are less than 10 total boys that play sports in scioto county that actually went to kindergarten when they were first eligible to do so. For example a kid that turned 5 on or before September 30th 2005 in Scioto Co. should technically be going into 8th grade this year, Sept 30th 2006 going into 7th grade and so on...This I know because very few on the boys that my son plays basketball against which is grade determined does he play baseball against which is age determined.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

My question is why is there this kind of drama every year in District 11?

Seems the only thing worse than the drama is the reaction by the administration of District 11. Poor decisions are made by poor administration

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

NICKNEVADA wrote:what if bday is aug 1? Is that legal? Thanks.
If an 8th grader will turn 15 on Aug. 1 of his 8th grade year, he can not play jr. high sports, but could play high school sports because he would be too old his senior year. This would be the first year of his high school eligibility.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Great, great ball game by both teams last night.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

What was the score of the final game?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Who won the district ?

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

As usual THE BURG!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg won Dist. 11 in the 9/10, 10/11, 11/12 and 13/14 age groups! Great to be sending 4 boys teams to the state tournament again.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Nothing But Net 1 wrote:What was the score of the final game?
19 to 18

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Sounds like alot of jealousy to me. If the boys in guestion that don't live in the district go to school at burg I see nothing wrong with it. Burg has a top notch little league program and great coaches can't blame kids for wanting to play there. I have 7 year old that went to camp there this summer and he wants to go to school there and play baseball there.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

4th n Goal wrote:
NICKNEVADA wrote:what if bday is aug 1? Is that legal? Thanks.
If an 8th grader will turn 15 on Aug. 1 of his 8th grade year, he can not play jr. high sports, but could play high school sports because he would be too old his senior year. This would be the first year of his high school eligibility.
This is wrong information. As long as his/her birthday is on Aug.1st they are eligible for 8th grade sports.

mr t
Waterboy

Post by mr t »

luvbigcats wrote:Sounds like alot of jealousy to me. If the boys in guestion that don't live in the district go to school at burg I see nothing wrong with it. Burg has a top notch little league program and great coaches can't blame kids for wanting to play there. I have 7 year old that went to camp there this summer and he wants to go to school there and play baseball there.

It is jealousy in a sense., so I do agree with you on that. But the jealousy is brought about by the simple fact that Wheelersburg cheats. They always have, they did this year, got caught, and it made no difference. How do I tell my kid that cheaters never win when Wheelersburg does it every year and wins anyway. I know for fact that even the 9/10 year burg team had kids on it that were ineligible. And if you sir don't live in Wheelersburg and play there, you are cheating as well. All the other leagues are supposed to play by the rules or face the wrath of Donnie, but yet Wheelersburg never does. It is simply a disgrace to little league. The whole idea of little league to keep it fair is that you play ball where you live. So, you go ahead and send your kid there to play, and take pride in the fact that you did what it takes to win. That's a good lesson for him.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

sounds like your issue is more with little league than with wheelersburg. Its my understanding that with the proper paper a child can live outside of the area in which they are playing and still be perfectly eligible to play. there are kids that live in wheelersburg that choose to play little league elsewhere. A lot of kids ,because of open enrollment, go to schools outside of area in which they live, I dont have a issue with those kids wanting to play little league with the kids they go to school with as long as the proper paper work is filled out and it is done per little league rules.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”