JR High Boys basketball tournament at South Webster

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
basketballparent
Freshman Team

JR High Boys basketball tournament at South Webster

Post by basketballparent »

Webster plays Oak Hill for their first game of the tournament on Thursday February 7th. Game should start at approx. 7:30 p.m. 8th grade team has alot of talent. I don't think they have been beaten by more than 6 points in their losses. I think Webster has a chance of winning the whole tournament.
Good Luck Jeeps!!!!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

I like Burg to win in both 7th and 8th grade.. GO BURG...I do think the 8th grade tournament could be anyones to win, there are alot of those teams that if they catch fire @ the right time they could win the tournament

valleyindians
Waterboy

Post by valleyindians »

I would have to say Valley is going to Dominate the tournament........they only lost one game to Burg at that crackerjack box they call a gym.....and if that wasn't all one starter was out and two others were sick.......and they did kinda get ripped off......u cant denie that?

:-D :-D :-D :-D

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Valley is a good ball team. I hope it is a good tournament. However, for the "valleyindian", I did not see a single excuse for the Burg's loss at Valley, but some are still making excuses for their loss at the Burg. Time to move on.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

I there a bracket for the SW JH boys tournament yet?

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

Yes, there is a bracket that has been published but apparently you must be one of the elite in some circles to get your hands on it. I got one from someone from another school but do not have it in front of me or I would post it. I will do so tomorrow.

/end of rant :-D :-D :-D

valleyindians
Waterboy

Post by valleyindians »

RxBurgFan wrote:Valley is a good ball team. I hope it is a good tournament. However, for the "valleyindian", I did not see a single excuse for the Burg's loss at Valley, but some are still making excuses for their loss at the Burg. Time to move on.

Yea time to move on to the championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

valleyindians wrote:I would have to say Valley is going to Dominate the tournament........they only lost one game to Burg at that crackerjack box they call a gym.....and if that wasn't all one starter was out and two others were sick.......and they did kinda get ripped off......u cant denie that?

:-D :-D :-D :-D

To come out and say Valley will dominate is a bold statement, they do have a good ball club, but I think there are other 8th grade teams in this bracket that could step up and make a run for the Championship
You must be the Indian Chief they call "Chief What Was He Smoking"

my-right3
Waterboy

Post by my-right3 »

GO JEEPS!!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL JR. HIGH BASKETBALL TEAMS-Girls and Boys!
We will be supporting you all!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

8th Valley easy in a neutral gym
7th Wheelersburg easy

valleyindians
Waterboy

Post by valleyindians »

To come out and say Valley will dominate is a bold statement, they do have a good ball club, but I think there are other 8th grade teams in this bracket that could step up and make a run for the Championship
You must be the Indian Chief they call "Chief What Was He Smoking"[/quote]

ONLY THING SMOKIN IS OUR TEAM CUZ THEIR ON FIRE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stewyj12
Waterboy

Post by stewyj12 »

well i just think we need to take this tournament 1 game at a time, who knows, anything can happen. rankings or seeds do not mean anything if u ask me. any team can be beaten by any team at any given time. good luck to all teams.

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

Here's the schedule for those who need it (All games held at South Webster):

7th GRADE BOYS

Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 6:00
Wheelersburg (1) vs. Clay (8 ) (Gym 1)
Minford (4) vs. Valley (5) (Gym 2)

Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7:30
Oak Hill (2) vs. Northwest (7) (Gym 2)
West (3) vs. South Webster (6) (Gym 1)

Saturday, Feb. 9 at 1:00
Wheelersburg/Clay Winner vs. Minford/Valley Winner (Not sure which gym)
Oak Hill/Northwest Winner vs. West/South Webster Winner (Not sure which gym)

Monday, Feb. 11 at 6:00
Championship Game (Gym 2)

8th GRADE BOYS

Thursday, Feb. 7 at 6:00
Valley (1) vs. Clay (8 ) (Gym 1)
Minford (4) vs. Northwest (5) (Gym 2)

Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7:30
Wheelersburg (2) vs. West (7) (Gym 2)
South Webster (3) vs. Oak Hill (6) (Gym 1)

Saturday, Feb. 9 at 2:30
Valley/Clay Winner vs. Minford/Northwest Winner (Not sure which gym)
Wheelersburg/West Winner vs. South Webster/Oak Hill Winner (Not sure which gym)

Monday, Feb. 11 at 7:30
Championship Game (Gym 2)

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

sportsfiend thanks for the bracket. Burg 7th grade should be a given but the 8th grade tourney should be good.

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

Not a problem.

The Burg 7th grade boys have to play like they want it and not think that they can waltz onto the court and be handed a trophy. That would be a dance competition and not a basketball tournament. (Although I would give anything to see this set of boys waltzing.) I hear their coach can dance pretty well though. You should ask him about it sometime. :lol:

The Burg 8th grade boys have to bring their A game which they have. Dig deep guys and come out like you want it. It's yours to take.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

stewyj12
Waterboy

Post by stewyj12 »

I am really excited to see how this tournament turns out. The 8th grade tournament has some really good matchups. Even though this tournament is held at South Webster, it would not surprise me one bit to see valleys student "cheering section" if the indians are able to make it to the championship. If you ask me Valley and Burg are the two toughest teams out there. They both have only lost one game and it was against each other. Good luck to all teams in the tournament, and remember, make sure you have fun out there.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

I have a question.

How did Northwest get seeded above Oak Hill when Oak Hill has beat them twice???????? :evil: :evil:

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Good question oak a holic. How did Valley get the 1 seed with Burg have the same record. It would be interesting for someone to explain the "logic".

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Good luck to the West Senators 7th and 8th grade boys!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

oak_a_holic wrote:I have a question.

How did Northwest get seeded above Oak Hill when Oak Hill has beat them twice???????? :evil: :evil:

Is it based on overall record or league record? In the Wheelersburg/Valley situation, if they were tied it could have come down to a coin flip. I have no idea, this is just speculation. I seriously doubt that the teams voted for the seeds.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”