JR High Boys basketball tournament at South Webster

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

Did all teams play every game scheduled, games called of the snow may have figured into it?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good refs last night! :lol:

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Hilarious :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :? :? :mad: :mad:

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I know that is how bad they were. a laughing stock

stewyj12
Waterboy

Post by stewyj12 »

Congratulations to Valley and South Webster for making it to the championship game. I have a feeling this is going to be a great game. Both teams have great talent. One factor that may affect the outcome off this game is it is a home game for Webster. However I have heard that valley may be bringing a pep bus to the game. Most of us saw what happened last time valley had a cheering section, does this ring a bell, "Hey all you pirate fans stand up and leave the stands." I look forward to seeing this game. Good luck to both teams.

For all you people asking about how valley is seeded #1 and burg was seeded #2 well the only way i cam figure it is burg only beat valley by 1 but valley beat burg by more than 10. That had to be why the teams were seeded the way they are.

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Good Luck Jeeps!!!
Play strong, stay out of foul trouble and win the championship!!!
Everyone in Jeep Country needs to come out and support the boys on a great season!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Good Luck to Burgs 7th grade boys and 8th grade girls in the Championship games tonight..GO BURG ..I believe both teams are playing Oak Hill in the championship..

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Burg boys by at leasr 15
Oak Hill Girls by at least 15

my-right3
Waterboy

Post by my-right3 »

GO 8TH GRADE BOYS-GO JEEPS!!!!!!!
We will all be supporting you all (even the MVBP'S-LOL)
(Most Valuable Bench Players)-without them there would
be no one to practice against.........GO SW JEEPS!!!!
WIN IT ALL!!!!!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

VAlley will win by 15 plus

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

right3:

You may have been trying to be funny but it wasn't very nice to slam the boys who don't start. I hope you are a kid who doesn't know any better and not an adult who does.

I do hope the Jeeps win it. Good luck to ALL the boys.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to the Burg 7th grade team on winning the championship tonight.

Congrats also on the undefeated season. This class will make some noise when they get to High school. Very quick team.

I think the final score was 40-27.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Any word on who won the 8th grade Boys Championship?

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Digger
Read myright3's post again. They were actually giving praise to the guys who sit the bench. who do you think made the starters strong players? My son sits the bench on that team and thought it was great that someone acknowledged them.

The Valley boys won the 8th grade championship. Our boys fought hard but couldn't pull it out in the end. South Webster's 8th grade team will be tough in years to come. Keep your heads up boys. We have all enjoyed watching you this season.

my-right3
Waterboy

Post by my-right3 »

You may have been trying to be funny but it wasn't very nice to slam the boys who don't start. I hope you are a kid who doesn't know any better and not an adult who does.

There is not one thing funny about only playing 2 or 3 games all year-
TRUST ME! The bench is very good. They may have been able to help the starters alot-they just weren't given the chance.
So no, I was not being funny but after awhile of sitting thru all the games, enduring long practices, and many disappointing evenings with your child it became quite comical-wouldn't u agree?
It was not a slam against the non-players-they deserved to play just as anyone.

You made us proud JEEPS!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Sorry I took your post the wrong way. I hate seeing people bash the kids who aren't the superstars and that's how I took it.

At the jr high level all kids should be given a chance to prove themselves, not just 5 or 6. Hopefully all the boys will keep playing next year.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

SW ran a good tournament. Refs were good and competition in the 7th grade girls and 8th grade boys was good. Congrats to all winners.

my-right3
Waterboy

Post by my-right3 »

At the jr high level all kids should be given a chance to prove themselves, not just 5 or 6. Hopefully all the boys will keep playing next year.

I could not agree more! Thanks for your support! All the kids are great!
This year will be a test for years to come.

jeepgirl_4life
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepgirl_4life »

RxBurgFan wrote:SW ran a good tournament. Refs were good and competition in the 7th grade girls and 8th grade boys was good. Congrats to all winners.

Thanks for the good word. We enjoy hosting this tournament.

Great kids make great entertainment and there was some great basketball at this level!

You gotta love a kid that works hard and has heart!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”