REVISED!!!! TEEN OVC SCHEDULE!!!!!!

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: REVISED!!!! TEEN OVC SCHEDULE!!!!!!

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I agree, 2nd graders shouldn't play contact football. I know there are exceptions and some kids are ready to play at that age. I don't think that is the case for the majority of 2nd graders. If the child is truly ready as a 2nd grader, he'll still be ready as a 3rd grader. If the child is not ready for contact as a 2nd grader and has a bad experience, that child may never come back to play again.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

I think they should let the kids play flag all the way to the third grade if the parent so desires . This would eliminate a lot of problems with teams having to be split up and such . Also, it would be nice to see all first year contact players playing on a C-team . I know C-team ( on paper anyway) doesn't really exist , however, there needs to be something put in place for it .
O yes, welcome me to the boards :)

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Back in my day I saw kids that could and did play alot as a 2nd grader.Do I think they are ready at that point to play,probably not.Some of these kids get hurt or I should say "nicked" up,and they're done,for good.They don't come back out the next year or any other year.I is a contact sport and as 2nd graders I'm just not sure they are ready for that.

And just for the sake of arguement,people can say what they want but there are no C teams in the Teen O.V.C. Ive seen teams have 40+ kids on their teams and say"oh those kids are our C-teamers."The fact is kids are going to practices and games and not getting playing time on saturdays.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Actually there are teams that do have strictly c-teams.It is hard to find games for them all the time b/c not all the teams in the league have a c-team.Some of the schools just get a larger number of 2nd grade or 1st year 3rd grade kids.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Huedog...why wouldn't you want your teams to split up?
22 kids playing verses 11.
If you got 40+ kids they all aint playing.I thought the idea was to get more kids playing?
I've seen it all.I seen coaches storm the field,parents on the field,coaches throwing water bottles to the sideline(hitting a kid in the helmet) in disgust over a call.Coaches cussing,telling their kids where the ball is on defense.Coaches fliming other teams.I saw one coach put his starters back in so the other team wouldn't score on them,and the game was out of hand.
Most coaches are in it for the right reasons,others its a "power" trip.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Onamission....

By no means am I saying there shouldn't be a C team league,but the reason its hard to find"games" is because no one has C teams.
I know Ironton doesn't,they take kids that don't get to play much and play C-games.
Coal Grove can say they have a C team,but if no one else has one what happens?....they don't get to play.
If I had a child that was on a "C-team" and they practiced every practice,ran every sprint and didn't get to play,who gets hurt here?Do you say oh its because "your on the C team"?What then do you say when he says when is my game?
I have a brother whos boys play football in the Cincy area and they play by grades. till jr.high.
First graders vs first graders and so on.
Maybe some day there will be a true C-league.

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

this year both of the Ironton teams will be fielding a "c" team and the coaches are getting together to work out a schedule.They met this weekend at the teen ovc meeting to discuss the matter.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I hope things pan out.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Thank you for answering hosscats question!I've been trying to tell him that there is such a thang as c-team.Maybe hoss the league has changed a little since you were involved.

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

Check out the first post on here and then goto the new thread.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

These C-teamers practice and play just as hard on the field as any other kid. They should have a trophy to play for. The teen OVC just don't want to take the time to do it for the little guys.

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

I AGREE HORNETMAN THESE KIDS DESERVE TO BE PRAISED AND SHOWN THAT THEY ARE PART OF COAL GROVE FOOTBALL. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF THINGS FOR THE A&B TEAMS AS FAR AS A ZOOMNET WEB SITE TALKING ABOUT THE A&B TEAMS WITH PICS OF THEIR GAMES WITH NO MENTION OF C TEAMERS. AND IF THAT IS SOMEONES OWN WEBSITE THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE BUT WHEN IT WAS PICTURE TIME THE C TEAMERS WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO PLAY ON 1/4 OF THE FIELD AND TEAMS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS HAD THE OTHER HALF OF THE FIELD, AND YOU THINK THAT THEY FEEL THAT THEY ARE EVEN WANTED AT THE FIELD. I THINK WHEN IT COMES TO OUR LEAGUE THAT THEY SHOULD DO JUST AS MUCH FOR THE C TEAM AS THEY DO FOR THE A&B TEAMS. AS FOR THE SCHEDULE GOES THE A&B TEAM COACH'S DO NOT HAVE TO CALL AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE OTHER COACH'S AND IF I REMEMBER WE PAID JUST AS MUCH FOR OUR KIDS TO PLAY AS THE OTHERS SO STEP UP AND DO WHATS BEST FOR THE KIDS. OUR C-TEAM COULD HAVE WON SATURDAY BUT WERE MADE TO CUT THEIR GAME SHORT FOR EVERYBODY ELSE TO PLAY, THEY HAD NO CLOCK NO SCOREBOARD AND NO ANOUNCING FOR THEM. WOULD IT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTABLE FOR THIS TO HAVE HAPPENED FOR THE A&B TEAMS? I THINK NOT!!!!!

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

Once again, it needs to made clear there is no official "C team" that is recognized by the teen ovc rules. These boys should be called the JV squad of the bteam to keep the confusion down. If the "c team" is to be recognized by the teenovc it will need to be addressed at the next years teen ovc meeting that all of the representatives of each league have. The problem that has occurred in the past is that all of the schools don't always have enough boys to field an extra team on this level and you can't expect to have "saturday" bteam players on this team and give an award for both . You would not be doing any of the other schools any favors by putting the true JV"C" 's against these better more experienced boys. These games are meant to get the younger less experienced boys some playing time to get them ready to be able to play on the bteam when their time comes. From past experience these boys usually play more games during the season than the bteam which only makes them better. There aren't awards in jr high or high school for the jv squads but if the varsity team wins they are considered just as much a part of the team as the varsity and get the same rewards and bragging rights. I believe there is a plan this year to have a "Cteam" teen ovc tourney towards the end of the year and trophies to be awarded. So if the team that wins this and their bteam wins the league or the superbowl these "cteam" JV players will get an extra trophy that the bteam varsity (starters) won't receive. I think that this is more than fair for the practice that they put in during the week and the extra experience they are receiving to prepare them for the Varsity. They have never had a tourney like this before and I think it is something good for the boys to work toward. Everyone has to pay their dues and due some sideline time. This is a contact sport not a participation sport. The consequences of putting boys in that aren't ready is more than just losing a game , it could result in injury and the end of someones football career for the rest of their time in school. The safety of the boys should be the first priority not how much time they are playing.

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

as for the picture day / scrimmage there was miscommunication and they were scheduled for the same day. the pictures were supposed to be the week before but it rained and had to be moved . The boys always get hteir pictures taken on the High school field . The exception was 2 years ago and the photographer had a backdrop that he used but it was not available this year on the rain date. That is the reason for the date change.

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

IT IS NOT JUST THE TEEN OVC THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT IT IS OUR OWN LEAGUE. TELL ME ABOUT PICTURE DAY WHY WERE THE C TEAMERS ONLY ALLOWED TO PLAY ON 1/4 OF THE FIELD? WHY ON THE SATURDAY GAME DID THEY NOT HAVE ANYONE ANNOUNCING THEIR NAMES, THIS IS WHAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST THIS IS OUR HOME FIELD NOT IRONTON NOT ROCK HILL THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THIS AS WELL. IT MEANS ALOT TO THE LITTLE GUYS TO HEAR THEIR NAME ON THE LOUD SPEAKER AND TO BE TREATED LIKE THE OTHERS. THE GAME WAS SCEDULED PRIOR TO SATURDAY SO THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLENTY OF TIME TO GET IT SET UP FOR THEM TO HAVE HAD THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE AT LEAST ON OUR, OR I GUESS MAYBE YOUR HOME FIELD. I CANT EXPECT THE OTHER SCHOOLS TO DO IT FOR THEM BUT WOULD LIKE FOR OUR BOARD TO AT LEAST TO HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THIS. THIS IS STILL COAL GROVE FOOTBALL A,B, AND LIKE IT OR NOT C TEAM.

GO GROVE

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

Post by littlehornetsfan1214 »

as for the announcing and the score board it couldnt have been done. me and coach dolen invited three other teams so more could get playing time. that would have been hard for someone to announce two games or keep score for both. the kid know if they won or not and they have a good time!!!! let us coaches worry about the rest. we are working on a tourny towards the end of the year. and we will get to play on the field by our selfs with the score board before the end of the seasons.

BillsMomma
Waterboy

Post by BillsMomma »

I just have to put my 2cents in... my boy has played football for 5 yrs.. 2 yrs flag and 3 years tackle.. this is his 3rd yr at tackle and he had to tough it out for the first two yrs on the "C" team... His first year the team didn't have enough players for a complete "c" team so he got to play with the IE "c" team... I know as a parent it is soooo hard to watch your child attend every practice and every game on time, etc... and not even get to play in the big games or maybe just a few seconds of the game, but this is a great time for learning...As a parent it is important to be patient and support your little guy, instill in him that most of the players on the b team has been playing and are more experienced and let him have fun and learn the sport... If he is really serious about wanting to play, the "c" team experience can be a good one. And reassure him that his time will come. This past Saturday was the first game that my guy got to play the entire game and I think he shocked a few of our coaches with his ability, even though our team lost, it wasn't a big loss, and our boys played hard. So please just be patient and sit back and let your little guy have fun, at this age it's all about the learning experience for not only your son but for the parents as well... :aaaaa46

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

BillsMomma wrote:I just have to put my 2cents in... my boy has played football for 5 yrs.. 2 yrs flag and 3 years tackle.. this is his 3rd yr at tackle and he had to tough it out for the first two yrs on the "C" team... His first year the team didn't have enough players for a complete "c" team so he got to play with the IE "c" team... I know as a parent it is soooo hard to watch your child attend every practice and every game on time, etc... and not even get to play in the big games or maybe just a few seconds of the game, but this is a great time for learning...As a parent it is important to be patient and support your little guy, instill in him that most of the players on the b team has been playing and are more experienced and let him have fun and learn the sport... If he is really serious about wanting to play, the "c" team experience can be a good one. And reassure him that his time will come. This past Saturday was the first game that my guy got to play the entire game and I think he shocked a few of our coaches with his ability, even though our team lost, it wasn't a big loss, and our boys played hard. So please just be patient and sit back and let your little guy have fun, at this age it's all about the learning experience for not only your son but for the parents as well... :aaaaa46

well said!!!!!!! some have to have minimal playing time for there saftey.(it is a contact sport)

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

I UNDERSTAND IF THERE WERE MORE THAN ONE GAME GOING ON AT ONE TIME BUT THERE WASN'T IT WAS JUST OURS. SO WHY COULD THERE NOT BE AT LEAST AN ANOUNCER YOU AS A COACH KNOW THAT THIS MEANS ALOT TO THESE LITTLE GUYS. YES THEY DO KNOW WHO ONE OR LOST AND THEY DONT'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THE CLOCK I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A POINT IN GENERAL. THEY DO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND THE COACHES DO A GOOD JOB WITH THEM. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE MORE EFFORT TO MAKE THEM A PART AS WELL EVEN IF IT IS ONLY AT OUR FIELD.

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

if you are talking about saturday there was 2 games going on. rockhills 2 c-teams were playing on the score board side and us and the bill was playing on the other. i have coach in three sports and i do care about the kids not just mine. trust me and coach dolen are working as hard as we can to get thing going for these kids. i myself would love for more to be done but 2 people cant do it them selfs.it takes the league(teen ovc) not just ours to get something going.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”