South Gallia Jr High boys

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
galliagrad74
Waterboy

South Gallia Jr High boys

Post by galliagrad74 »

I have seen alot of basketball. In the last 5 years, South Gallia's Jr. high team has been terrible. They consistently get beat by 30 points with no changes made to the program. Something needs to be done.

Hercules
JV Team

Re: South Gallia Jr High boys

Post by Hercules »

Definately agree!!! Even tho the 8th grade coach teaches at HT elem... and the 7th grade coach lives 1/2 mile away and the girls coach lives 5 minutes away...none of them show up till "practice" time!!! What's wrong with that??? All of the Jr high basketball players have no supervision for 3 hrs!!! So they just run around the school or wherever till practice time!!! They're practices are nothing but chaos!!! The varsity programs will start feeling the residue from the lack of coaching and supervision in the very near future!!!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Ol' Blue wrote:Definately agree!!! Even tho the 8th grade coach teaches at HT elem... and the 7th grade coach lives 1/2 mile away and the girls coach lives 5 minutes away...none of them show up till "practice" time!!! What's wrong with that??? All of the Jr high basketball players have no supervision for 3 hrs!!! So they just run around the school or wherever till practice time!!! They're practices are nothing but chaos!!! The varsity programs will start feeling the residue from the lack of coaching and supervision in the very near future!!!!

The 8th grade boys coach doesn't teach at any of the schools and lives about 45 minutes away. The girls coach doesn't live close to the school neither. Facts are off!!!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Pretty sure that "coach" fortner teaches at HT
" coach" fellure lives in Mercerville
" coach" small lives 4or 5 miles up 218
Maybe your facts are off!!!
If you can't get to the school to supervise your kids maybe they shouldn't coach!!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Ol' Blue wrote:Pretty sure that "coach" fortner teaches at HT
" coach" fellure lives in Mercerville
" coach" small lives 4or 5 miles up 218
Maybe your facts are off!!!
If you can't get to the school to supervise your kids maybe they shouldn't coach!!!
Coach fortner's wife teaches at the school.
I never said Fellure doesn't live in mercerville.
I was stating Coach Haner lives in cadmus.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Haner isn't the girls coach!!! Corey Small is!!! That's why I can't understand why none of them are at the school at 3:00 to supervise their kids till practice time!!! I'm surprised that this hasn't lead to huge problems before!!!!

marshall10
Waterboy

Post by marshall10 »

I know that the other coaches have been coaching basketball for a couple of years, but its the first year that Coach Fellure has coached basketball, he will get better. He's still in school so his schedule might not allow him to make it to the school till practice starts. But I agree, someone needs to supervise them kids.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Haner and Small is the girls coach!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Thats funny!!! I talked to Haner last week and he said that he wasnt coaching Jr high this year.... because they only have one team!!!! I doubt that youve seen a jr high girls game this year....youve probably been out recruiting!!!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I talk to him too and he said they were splitting the job.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Ol' Blue wrote:Thats funny!!! I talked to Haner last week and he said that he wasnt coaching Jr high this year.... because they only have one team!!!! I doubt that youve seen a jr high girls game this year....youve probably been out recruiting!!!!
I never said anything bad about you and you had to go there. I support the school and the kids.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i was at the symmes valley games and south gallia is on some hard times

COREYSMALL
Waterboy

Post by COREYSMALL »

:lol:
Last edited by COREYSMALL on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I hate to keep rattling the cage at SG...but something has to be done!!! Absolutely the worst coached and worst disiplined team that I've ever seen!!!! And its sad...they actually have some talent...tho u would never know it by watching them!!!

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

COREYSMALL wrote::lol:
You are a terrible coach. Quit being a buddy and do something. PATHETIC!

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

Ol' Blue wrote:I hate to keep rattling the cage at SG...but something has to be done!!! Absolutely the worst coached and worst disiplined team that I've ever seen!!!! And its sad...they actually have some talent...tho u would never know it by watching them!!!
This is a very true statement. They are going to go down hill fast in the future in both girls and boys basketball. What is Fortner's winning percentage? It has to be below .200! CLEAN HOUSE!

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

I would get Jimmy Brace back involved by getting him into the Junior High coaching arena. The kids love him and he has done a fine job in the past.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:I would get Jimmy Brace back involved by getting him into the Junior High coaching arena. The kids love him and he has done a fine job in the past.

Dont bring my name into this!!!

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

futurebkstar wrote:
kidsarewhatmatters wrote:I would get Jimmy Brace back involved by getting him into the Junior High coaching arena. The kids love him and he has done a fine job in the past.

Sorry I meant that as a compliment. Many people thought you did a fine job coaching and the kids all thought highly of you. I didn't mean to offend you in any way, my apologies.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:
futurebkstar wrote:

Sorry I meant that as a compliment. Many people thought you did a fine job coaching and the kids all thought highly of you. I didn't mean to offend you in any way, my apologies.

I know you did and I appreciate it. I just dont want people to talk bad about me anymore. I have straightened up and I have never been so miserable not coaching this year. It's my fault though.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”