Re: Coal Grove 2008 Junior High Football scores/stats

Post by hornet15 »

nice stats

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

Pocket Aces wrote:CG with the dominating victory over the Chesy squad on 9/25

A mere 65 total yards allowed by the Grove in the 27-0 beatdown.

Very unsportsmanlike cheap shot by a Chesapeake player against the CG placekicker after the successful PAT. Player should have been ejected.

that was a very big cheapshot

hornetplayer20
Waterboy

Post by hornetplayer20 »

what really is the big deal with stay backs

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Post by Hornet7 »

you just can't be over 15,which pretty much means you can only stay back once.no1 on our team is over 14

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Actually you can be 15 after the month of AUG.Not sure if it is the beginning,or the end.So to modestly correct you,you can play junior high football at the ripe young age of 15.I have coached against all the current players at the grove,I do know for sure that 1-or more are older than a defensive varsity starter at R-H. :122246

It is up to the parents if they want to hold a child back.There are multiple reasons to do so.I think the reason that everyone has said something about this group is the large number in one group :?: If there is one they usually go unnoticed,two,people talk,but when there is at least five people begin to wonder if it was to load a group up?

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

I believe August 1st of the current school year is the date that is used for all sports from little league to high school. It is what ever date you have to be 5 to start kindergarten . It used to be Aug 31 and before that it was Sept 30th.

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

on a mission wrote:Actually you can be 15 after the month of AUG.Not sure if it is the beginning,or the end.So to modestly correct you,you can play junior high football at the ripe young age of 15.I have coached against all the current players at the grove,I do know for sure that 1-or more are older than a defensive varsity starter at R-H. :122246

It is up to the parents if they want to hold a child back.There are multiple reasons to do so.I think the reason that everyone has said something about this group is the large number in one group :?: If there is one they usually go unnoticed,two,people talk,but when there is at least five people begin to wonder if it was to load a group up?

well that starter must be fourteen or under because no one on this Coal Grove team is 15

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

and anyway why is it such a big deal to you guys...even if we did have 15 year olds it shouldn't matter that much :shock: :shock: :shock:

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

It really isn't that big of a deal ,unless the child across from him is just twelve.I can't wait until the day is reversed,and we'll see what the big deal is.

I'm not sure if you were watching the as the season past by,but fortunately I saw these young men play.What I saw was a group of young men that clearly were above the class that they played against.I remember when we played in the grade school league and this same group of kids played against some of the kids that ar :roll: e varsity starters at other schools :122246

I think that the admin should take a serious look at the kids that they are signing the papers for that want to stay back.It is not up to me nor anyone else what any parent does with their child,but I know several kids that are at different schools that are held back that are honor roll students :idea:

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I think that there should be a rule that a kid can only play two years of OVC sports this would cut down on some of the nonsense of only holding them back for sports at the 7th and 8th grades.

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

why dont you all just stop whining cause we got some holdbacks its just a game......

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

on a mission wrote:It really isn't that big of a deal ,unless the child across from him is just twelve.I can't wait until the day is reversed,and we'll see what the big deal is.

I'm not sure if you were watching the as the season past by,but fortunately I saw these young men play.What I saw was a group of young men that clearly were above the class that they played against.I remember when we played in the grade school league and this same group of kids played against some of the kids that ar :roll: e varsity starters at other schools :122246

I think that the admin should take a serious look at the kids that they are signing the papers for that want to stay back.It is not up to me nor anyone else what any parent does with their child,but I know several kids that are at different schools that are held back that are honor roll students :idea:

so what you are saying is that you can only be good if you have staybacks because even if they didnt stay back our team still had some very good athletes to take their place

hornetplayer20
Waterboy

Post by hornetplayer20 »

i no every school has staybacks for various reasons

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Post by Hornet7 »

exactly,they all do,but wont admit it like cg does,and cg is not breaking any rules by holding 3 players back.and,yes,the big deal is over 3 players

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Post by Hornet7 »

I'm sure every school has plrty of holdbacks

ATEAMGC
Waterboy

Post by ATEAMGC »

ON A MISSION, YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THE ONLY REASON THE HORNETS HAD SUCH A GOOD SEASON WAS BECAUSE OF THE 3 KIDS THAT STAYED BACK. IT TAKES A WHOLE TEAM TO WIN A GAME NOT THOSE 3 KIDS. I DON'T THINK THAT EVERY TOUCH DOWN OR EVERY FIRST DOWN WAS BY ONE OF THOSE 3. LIKE I SAID IT TAKES A WHOLE TEAM TO WIN A GAME. IS THAT WHY THE LITTLE LEAGUE WON THE TEEN OVC ALSO UNDEFEATED DID THEY HAVE KIDS STAY BACK. I DON'T THINK SO.

Sports fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports fan »

i thought #42 drove the bus for you guys on away games lol :122246 pocket aces

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Sports Fan wrote:i thought #42 drove the bus for you guys on away games lol :122246 pocket aces

LOL all ya want sportsfan. You couldn't carry #42's jock.

Jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery.

See ya on the basketball court, whoever ya are.

Sports fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports fan »

FOR ONE I WOULD NOT CARRY ANYTHING FROM THE GROVE ! AND ALSO IF THAT KID COULD'NT RUN THE BALL THE WAY HE DID ON THOSE 11/12 YEAR OLDS AND A FEW TRUE 8th GRADERS IT WOULD BE BAD !

rmwab
Waterboy

Post by rmwab »

Sports Fan wrote:i thought #42 drove the bus for you guys on away games lol :122246 pocket aces

#42 won't drive for about a year and a half. You know it was all fun and games win
on a mission. and other coaches ask him to play for them win he was in little league football.
It would have been all good, but win he stayed at his school. win CG won, It became
this big holdback deal. He is 14 not 15 he was held back before he even played sports.Lack of reading last year RH had a good year with holdbacks like Littlejohn, and i am sure there were others, So lay the hell of my kid. It is getting old really old. My kid is the oldest one on the 8th grade at 14. So win you talk about holdbacks he feels like it is all him.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”