Ironton 8th grade

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
tigermama
Varsity

Re: Ironton 8th grade

Post by tigermama »

When my son was in junior high and we went to Portsmouth to play, I remember one Portsmouth player's mother jokingly asking me if our boys were varsity because they were so big. I guess the boys are still big which bodes well for the future. :aaaaa32

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I get so sick and tired of all you people making accusations about these kids. I promise you that every last one of these boys is 14 and younger. The oldest one was 14 in January and he is one of the smallest. The tallest one #77 is one of the youngest. It is ridiculous for grown folks to make these kinds of accusations. My son gets called a freshman every week last week they were shouting from the visitors stands that they thought he was at least 16. He is #45 and I can promise you that he is 14 yrs old. His dad is 6'5 so it stands to reason that he would be big.

You people need to get a life and lay off our kids. They are just a phenominal class. They shouldn't have to keep defending their ages.

Sportyfan, I don't know who you were refering to as the 16 year old freshman who was driving but I am almost positive we don't even have any players on the freshman team who can even drive yet. Maybe one who is 15 and a half who has his permit. I also have boys in high school and they tell me that there are no freshman on the football team that drive yet. I think someone lied to you. Whatever the case there were NO freshman playing with the 8th graders that night or any other.

Momcat, First off we have the same kids on the team that were on the team last year with the exception of one and he went to Rose Hill last year, but had been playing with these kids every year before and came back this year. I'd like to know how you can sit and talk about our kids playing dirty. Your kids were no angels. When the two boys got ejected it was the ashland boy who started that. He hit our boy and had been mouthing before that. You people never cease to amaze me.

Lastly I want to congratulate the Ironton 8th grade football team on an undefeated season. You guys are awesome!!! Keep your heads held high. Next year they will say you are all varsity players playing down.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Wow...Gallipolis' 8th graders went into Thursday's game against Ironton with a sparkling 4-1 season mark, their only loss being at Athens last week when the Little Bulldogs rallied in the final period for a 14-8.

Gallipolis received the opening kickoff, and marched up field, but that was about it. IHS scored on its third play from scrimmage on a 57-yarder around right end by Schweickart with 5:57 left in the period.

After Ironton stopped GAHS a second time, the Tigers scored on a 63-yard pass from Carter to Brown with :45.2 left in the period to make it 12-0.

In the second period, Brown romped 89 yards with 3:37 left and Carter ran the extra points to make it 20-0.

Carter then returned a Blue Devil punt 65 yards with :49 left in the half and Schweickart added two more on a pass from Carter to make it 28-0.

Brown retirned a another punt 55 yards for another Tiger score with :15.1 left in the half and Carter added the extra points to make it 36-0 at halftime.

With 4:57 left in the third period, a Tiger returned a Gallia fumble 55 yards and White added the extra points for a 44-0 advantage.

At the 7:12 mark in the final period, Ironton scored on a 65-yard run and added the extra points for a 52-0 lead.

Gallipolis scored with 3:39 left on a 38-yard pass from McCalla to Bailey.

The loss left Gallipolis 4-2 overall. Gallia winds up season play next Thursday at Warren Local. Ironton improved to 7-0 on the year.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Great job Tigers!

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

we cannot wait to go watch the 8th grade basketball team i am especially anxious to see how sean lawless is going to do i heard he is improving. still need a 7th and 8th grade schedule can anyone help us out with that.

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

Ironton plays this Monday at Verity, 6:00 and again Thursday at home.(Delaware St) We also have a Saturday game, Dec. 13th. This game will start at noon. It will be held at the Conley Center.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”