Who is going to win between Coal Grove and Rock Hill?

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
HornetsJV#85
Waterboy

Who is going to win between Coal Grove and Rock Hill?

Post by HornetsJV#85 »

Just give opinion.Will Hornets go 7-0 or will there rival get in there way.

SPLIT
Waterboy

Re: Who is going to win between Coal Grove and Rock Hill?

Post by SPLIT »

I'M GOING TO GO WITH THE GROVE! :aaaaa84

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

:aaaaa46

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

Goin with RH!

Lets Go Hill!!

deerhunter
Waterboy

Post by deerhunter »

I think Rock Hill will win

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

Rock Hill is young, but they have been playing hard. I looked at the roster that was printed earlier and CG has 20--8th graders and 15--7th graders. I think RH has 6--8th graders and the rest 7th graders. I will say that I'm very proud of the 8th graders. They really play hard and have been good leaders for the younger boys. My son really looks up to them and they have been good role models to them. Rock Hill may not win the game, but they will play hard for all four quarters no matter what the score, and that is a great football team to me. I'm thankful to the coaches, who knew this would be a challenging season, to continue to support and work these boys hard and I hear them tell these boys all the time how proud they are of them and how far they have come this season. I don't know that my son has ever loved to play football as much as he has this year, and he is not a starter. He has just enjoyed the team and the coaches and for that I'm grateful. Good Luck to all.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

*I don't bring this up to start anything, but it is relevant to this discussion.
Gapper said, "I looked at the roster that was printed earlier and CG has 20--8th graders...". And don't forget that several of those are actually freshmen who were held back.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Rational Voice, there are hold backs at every school ,Rock Hill probably has a few. I do however think that the time to hold them back is in K-1st grade. This stuff about holding them back in Middle School is truly only about one thing and that is sports, especially when kids are making passing grades. What happened to the old OVC rule where a kid could only play two season of middle school? The OVC should look into this rule and if it not in the books then they need to put it back into effect. Back in the early 80's I know this rule was used because one school in particular was notorious for holding a kid back for sports only! i am sure you know which one!!!

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

I can say that of the few 8th graders, I don't think any of them should be freshman.
I think the 7th graders are the same. For all the ones I know, they have been with my son all the way through school together. If they were held back it was early on when I didn't know them.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

I was just pointing out that the advantage of having a lot of 8th graders is even greater if they are older than the average 8th grader. By the way, not all schools have these "hold-backs".

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

Absolutely. As my husband would say, you with with "Seniors"!! These 7th graders have had to play against 8th graders all year (and those who should be freshman's!hahaha) But they have fought through it and I'm proud of them. I think they would win a lot of games if they were just playing 7th graders, but I can see them getting better and the coaches have worked hard with them and it will just make things better next year.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Is doesn't matter what happens with this game,of course the players,coaches,and all who support the young men at the HILL want to see them win!I have a personal interest in this group of young men,because I was part of coaching them two years ago when they were 0-7,and did not score a single point throughout the entire season.I say keep your head up men,play hard as you have been taught to do,don't quit as you have proven you won't.Play this game as if it were the last game you'll ever play in your life!!!!!![b]YOU YOUNG MEN HAVE AN OPPURTUNITY TO END THE PERFECT SEASON,IF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN AS LONG AS YOU PLAY AS HARD AS YOU CAN YOU WILL WALK OFF THE FIELD WINNERS TO US! :aaaaa41

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Post by Hornet7 »

Rock Hill has a young team that has improved a lot,but I'm going with the grove

ProudHornetFan
Waterboy

Post by ProudHornetFan »

When our boys was in 7th grade they too played against 8th graders like all the other teams, it is something to be proud of! When they get into high school they will be playing against 10th up to 12th so its good for them to learn how to handle the bigger kids now and to fight for their team.

I'm going with :aaaaa91 COAL GROVE!!! OVC WIN 7-0....good luck to both teams :aaaaa83

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

RHMS Football Practice tommarow night at 6:00

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

rockhillbasketball wrote:RHMS Football Practice tommarow night at 6:00

If your Jr. High plays football like you spell then this game should be easy for the Grove

by the way it's tomorrow

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

2-trap check your first prediction on the high school game,then check your last.your like a fart in the wind,NOT ONLY DO YOU STINK,BUT YOU BLOW IN THE WIND!iT IS HARD TO REMEMBER YOUR TRAPPING BLOCK,BUT IT IS EASY TO GET ON HERE AND DAWG THE H$LL OUT OF KIDS ABOUT THE WAY THEY SPELL!IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED YET WE ARE PROUD OF OUR KIDS!THEY HAVE NOT BEEN HELD BACK OR STARTED LATE!WE HAVE KIDS THAT START VARSITY THAT ARE YOUNGER THAN 4-5 PLAYERS ON YOUR TEAM!THIS CONVERSATION HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP MULTIPLE TIMES;SINCE YOU ARE THE SMART ONE IN ALL THE KNOW,WAS THIS DONE B/C BALL OR FOR ANOTHER REASON?

rmwab
Waterboy

Post by rmwab »

The miller kid was held back

ironhead
Waterboy

Post by ironhead »

Differences by Gender. A higher percentage of boys repeat kindergarten and/or 1st grade in 1991 and 1999 compared to girls (see Table EA 1.2). For example, in 1999, 10 percent of boys were retained, compared with 6 percent of girls.

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

2trap_4ever wrote:
rockhillbasketball wrote:RHMS Football Practice tomorrow night at 6:00

If your Jr. High plays football like you spell then this game should be easy for the Grove

by the way it's tomorrow

oh, my bad.
sorry, i can't spell correctly like some of you perfect Coal Grove people..

Go Hill!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”