junior high bball studs?

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Re: junior high bball studs?

Post by R-STREAK »

How about Piketon's 8th grade Brabson, Moore, Farmer, Bowman, Robinson, Accardo, Royster,Bennet and Jordan etc......

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

well it is better than the freshman team lol

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

What will they do if they don't win this year? I can't believe the school let it happen.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

91Grad wrote:Ironton has one heck of an 8th grade team with alot of great athletes, Burgs 8th grade is good and went undefeated as well, but I would give the edge to Ironton .. I would say Irontons 8th grade team is the best around the southern ohio area, I would put them up against any 8th grade team in Ohio..

Eastern-Pike would give them one heck of a challenge they were 15-1 and that one loss they didn't have their star player Chad Lands

ReD_dAwG
Waterboy

Post by ReD_dAwG »

IRONTON DON'T HAVE 1 STAR PLAYER THEY HAVE A WHOLE TEAM OF STARS SO FOR THEM TO LOSE IT WOULD TAKE A REAL GOOD TEAM TO BEAT THEM !

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Post by R-STREAK »

I KNOW OTHER SCHOOLS WHO DOES IT... BUT THEY SHOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH ANY JR. HIGH TEAM
WITH THE GOOD COACH THEY HAVE ON TOP OF THAT

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

they are very tallented i would like to see them and burg or ironton play

ATEAMGC
Waterboy

Post by ATEAMGC »

So how many on this super all star team that Ironton has have been held back????

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

How many does the grove have in 8th grade?LOL

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I havent seen Ironton play but if they can play with Burgs 8th grade team they can play with anybody, with all of the holdbacks for Piketon and the rest of the 8th grade class they can play with Burg and might be better, Eastern has a good team but I dont see them at that level after watching them last yr.
I would probably pick Piketon the Brabson boy is a stud on the court then you have the holdbacks, moore boy and the transfer holdback from Huntington who is a brute along with the other 3 ? who stayed down a yr., throw in Accardo I dont know if there is a team in southern Ohio that can play with them imo. I saw Burg 2 times last yr and Eastern can't hang with them they have to much talent for Eastern. If Eastern plays Piketon this year then we could see if they are at that level but honestly I dont see it happening.
Burg is probably 10 deep solidly, full court pressure trapping in your face the whole game and the 2 starting guards are both as good as the Lands boy.

peeblesbuck
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesbuck »

Trent Arey has to be considered as one of the best individual players in the 8th grade this year in our area. Peebles has a nice overall team and has been well-coached all the way up and play together as a team, but Arey is going to be a good one to watch. He plays hard and is very athletic. He can flat-out jump, just like his dad did several years ago!!

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

crazymidgets wrote:I havent seen Ironton play but if they can play with Burgs 8th grade team they can play with anybody, with all of the holdbacks for Piketon and the rest of the 8th grade class they can play with Burg and might be better, Eastern has a good team but I dont see them at that level after watching them last yr.
I would probably pick Piketon the Brabson boy is a stud on the court then you have the holdbacks, moore boy and the transfer holdback from Huntington who is a brute along with the other 3 ? who stayed down a yr., throw in Accardo I dont know if there is a team in southern Ohio that can play with them imo. I saw Burg 2 times last yr and Eastern can't hang with them they have to much talent for Eastern. If Eastern plays Piketon this year then we could see if they are at that level but honestly I dont see it happening.
Burg is probably 10 deep solidly, full court pressure trapping in your face the whole game and the 2 starting guards are both as good as the Lands boy.

So you dont think of them very much let me correct myself Lands is a very good player and he dominates varsity players and their big man Tavarius Pikett is a dominate player and they have a strong bench along with a great Coach and the rest of the starters are good as well and their entire bench is good they can challenge any team better yet beat them i played against some of their starters and they are very talented and not to mention all their starters are good ballhandlers and smart. Trust me they will go undefeated and i would love to see these two talented teams play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd guess the Peebles 8th grade team is as good as anyone.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

hmm what were you reading that I didnt think much of them, I said they had a good team and I said Lands is as good as Mcbee and Massie at burg and I know all the other players at Eastern and saw them play, didnt put one player or team down now did I? And again my opinion is Burg is at another level and the only team I know of who can compete and play with burg since I havent seen Ironton, peebles, many good teams is Piketon cause Brabson is a better player than all three of the kids listed in my opinion and they have 7-8 other very very strong jr. high / freshman players. I saw a lot of these kids at Rio also watched them play and am not making these statements without doing my homework, Brabson wasnt moved up to the upper age group at rio camp for nothing and he had almost his whole team up there with him so I guess I am not the only one seeing this. I am not a Piketon fan but I see what I see and I call it like I see it and again its still just my opinion, burg didnt lose last yr and only had one game with-in 15 points (WEST) I believe and thats coming through Soc.2. After being at the jr high tournament at Eastern last yr there was not a team there (maybe only a couple of the 8th grade teams) who could play with them that I saw, that is how good Burg is(waverly's 8th grade won that and Im not sure they could have beat burgs 7th grade), so if you think easterns 7th grade is that good well I am happy for you. I wish all the schools a great season so please reread what I said and think about what I said before you get so defensive just to be put into that talent level is a compliment in itself.

sballfan2010
Freshman Team

Post by sballfan2010 »

ATEAMGC wrote:So how many on this super all star team that Ironton has have been held back????

Why??? Why is it when ever something nice is said about an Ironton team someone has to get nasty? They have a good football team and they are called cheaters who are playing 9th graders. They have a good basketball team and automatically their players are held back.

Maybe they just have an exceptional amount of talent and great coaches. Maybe they work hard and hard work pays off. Stop looking for the negative and give the kids and, coaches their do. They practice hard, they play hard, they win games end of story.

Good luck Tigers. Play hard, be proud of who you are and don’t let the naysayer get you down.
:roll:

curiousgeorge
Waterboy

Post by curiousgeorge »

It is really interesting to see that this post has mentioned teams from Piketon, Wheelersburg, etc. and when Ironton is mentioned then people are always bringing up that they are held back. Why is that? What is so hard about accepting the Ironton team for their athletic skills and ability to win games. Why does the age and grade always make it's way into the conversation. Doesn't seem to be a question for the Burg or Piketon does it? What does a "true" grade have to do with age? How many kindergarten kids start at a "premature" 5 or a "late-blooming" 6? So how many kids are a "true" age for their grade? Give it a rest!!

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

first of all everyone does say its wrong that wheelersburg,piketon,etc. holdback.
second the reason people say that about ironton is because u guys always talk about how good u r then say u dont get the respect u deserve.
so with arrogance come humility, that is one thing my dad has taught me.
so if u would stop telling us how good u r, maybe u would here someone else say it!!

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

crazymidgets wrote:hmm what were you reading that I didnt think much of them, I said they had a good team and I said Lands is as good as Mcbee and Massie at burg and I know all the other players at Eastern and saw them play, didnt put one player or team down now did I? And again my opinion is Burg is at another level and the only team I know of who can compete and play with burg since I havent seen Ironton, peebles, many good teams is Piketon cause Brabson is a better player than all three of the kids listed in my opinion and they have 7-8 other very very strong jr. high / freshman players. I saw a lot of these kids at Rio also watched them play and am not making these statements without doing my homework, Brabson wasnt moved up to the upper age group at rio camp for nothing and he had almost his whole team up there with him so I guess I am not the only one seeing this. I am not a Piketon fan but I see what I see and I call it like I see it and again its still just my opinion, burg didnt lose last yr and only had one game with-in 15 points (WEST) I believe and thats coming through Soc.2. After being at the jr high tournament at Eastern last yr there was not a team there (maybe only a couple of the 8th grade teams) who could play with them that I saw, that is how good Burg is(waverly's 8th grade won that and Im not sure they could have beat burgs 7th grade), so if you think easterns 7th grade is that good well I am happy for you. I wish all the schools a great season so please reread what I said and think about what I said before you get so defensive just to be put into that talent level is a compliment in itself.
my bad i think we are on the wrong page and yes you do got a point they dont got much competition in that conference i do my homework as well but i was lookin overall my bad not at the teams they face kinda like Hawaii in college football last year lots of weak teams.Thanks for bringin this to my attention

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Tiger4 why is it ok for everyone else to say how good they are but if someone from Ironton says it OMG we are bragging and need to be knocked down a peg or two. Did your Dad teach you to be so one sided too.

curiousgeorge
Waterboy

Post by curiousgeorge »

OHSAA has rules that must be followed. Jr. High is only allowed to have a maximum of 14 games and 1 post season tournament. That is probably the reason they didn't play in all those KY. tournaments!!!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”