junior high bball studs?

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
curiousgeorge
Waterboy

Re: junior high bball studs?

Post by curiousgeorge »

Once again, OHSAA has rules for kids in Ohio! Only two kids from the same school can play on a team together. So, as talented as the Ironton kids are they do have rules they must follow. AAU teams are no exceptions.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Most of the Ironton starters do play aau but as curious george pointed out they can only have no more than 2 players on one aau team. So they must all split up. I don't know how Wheelersburg as a junior high team could have gone to so many KY tournaments without breaking some rules. Maybe all the kids weren't from the Burg, the team was just based in the Burg there could have been kids from all over Scioto county.

derpa
Waterboy

Post by derpa »

who is that transfer from piketon to eastern? in eighth grade? i heard hes short

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

derpa, the player is Adam Pearl. He went to eastern until 6th grade, went to piketon, and is now coming back to eastern. This is a good contribution to the eagles team. Should start for the team. I heard they are suppose to scrimmage Wheelersburg sometime soon. Should be a good scrimmage and we can see who has the better 8th grade team, seeing that Wheelersburg is suppose to be one of the top teams in the area, along with Ironton, and I would throw Eastern and Piketon in that group as well.
Last edited by J-Bird on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

i know a few players who disrespect Eastern but the it is i have seen all these teams play they are the top teams in the area

derpa
Waterboy

Post by derpa »

pearl is horrible!!!!

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Derpa, little harsh for a Jr. High thread aint it. You know the kids read this too. I didn't see him play any last year, but I have seen him play several times on the pee wee all-star teams with Chad Lands and the others from eastern. He was a starter on those teams and a good player. Not sure where you get your judgement from. I didn't say he was one of sounthern Ohio's best players, but there is a difference between that and a good basketball player.

tarheels18
Freshman Team

Post by tarheels18 »

everyone is entitled to their own opinion

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

I agree 100% that everyone should be entitled to their opinion, that is why we have this website, but there are other ways to word and put things when stating your opinion. I disagreed with the way he said it... and that is my opinion.

derpa
Waterboy

Post by derpa »

okay im sorry, HES NOT VERY GOOD.
is that more politicaly correct for u j-bird? lol

derpa
Waterboy

Post by derpa »

still sucks tho

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

OK, I was just trying to put a positive spin on things. Lets just drop it and agree to disagree.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

Eddie Miller a 7th grader for burg, he is an amazing athlete !!! You will hear about him once he hits high school

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

derpa wrote:okay im sorry, HES NOT VERY GOOD.
is that more politicaly correct for u j-bird? lol
now hold up i hate to bring this back up but you ticked me off i dont know what you have seen of him but lately he has been good lately. He shoots well ballhandles and is not afraid to go up strong i would take any player that plays that way offensivly and thinks that way offensivly and this comes to people direspecting other players and schools

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I don't know the Pearl kid at all, but from what it sounds like he must have taken derpa's lunch money a few years ago. :lol:

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

R-STREAK wrote:How about Piketon's 8th grade Brabson, Moore, Farmer, Bowman, Robinson, Accardo, Royster,Bennet and Jordan etc......

I played brabson last summer and he is not as good as everyone says he is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

derpa
Waterboy

Post by derpa »

that four foot nothing kid cant take my lunch money!!!!!

hotsauce1
Waterboy

Post by hotsauce1 »

well i think its craigen...and for one i heard roysters not even playin this year...and the other kids suck.

tarheels18
Freshman Team

Post by tarheels18 »

so you are saying zach farmer sucks. have u even seen him play. i think he is pretty good.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

derpa wrote:that four foot nothing kid cant take my lunch money!!!!!
you sound like an idiot makin fun of a other player now i am a player at Eastern Pike give some respect to Adam he works hard and dont insult people unless he is gooffin around now if your a player i would never take a playa on my team that is like you like you cause basketball also comes to how good a team gets along if they dont trust eachother it aint gonna work

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”