S.O.C. JR HIGH BASKETBALL GUARDS

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Lightle04
SE

S.O.C. JR HIGH BASKETBALL GUARDS

Post by Lightle04 »

WHO ARE SOME OF THE GUARDS IN THE LEAGUE THAT ARE GOING TO MAKE AN IMPACT THIS YEAR.

91Grad
JV Team

Re: S.O.C. JR HIGH BASKETBALL GUARDS

Post by 91Grad »

McBee and Massie from Burg are a pretty good front court duo..

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Massie is just a good all around athlete. He played a great year of football and will do the same for basketball.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

Zach Bolton from Portsmouth west should be a standout. He broke his arm last year before the S.O.C tournament. that really hurt the mental toughness of the senators in the tournament.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

What about the two guards from east's 7th grade team last year how are they looking.

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

Chad Lands from Eastern Pike.

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

As for the 7th grade ladies in the area SW has a good little guard as does Oakhill and Minford has quite a few. For 8th grade again Oakhill.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

the 2 kids from Burg are a pretty strong tandem for jr. high Massie and Mkbee curious to see how much they have progressed, last yr they controlled the game very well. Waverly needs to put their 2 guard from last yr Ferguson at the point he's their playmaker and it appears they have a new kid who transferred in dont know his name but am told he's pretty good, Lands boy from Eastern, Lightle from Western, the boy from west was solid dont know his name, the Howard boy from Valley which i heard that he hurt his knee in football was pretty solid but he has gotten so tall they would probably switch him to a forward position now to go with the hettinger boy who is a monster underneath. Oak hill has a point guard who was solid last yr.
Burg is the favorite in soc 2 anxious to see if Waverly has caught up to them this year if they do the things as a team block out, rebound, not force the ball, hitting free throws and good solid in your face defense then they have a chance.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

i think that brabson from piketon is great to

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Chad Lands from Eastern and Tavaris Pickett. Pickett starts at center, but when Lands is out of the game he takes over point guard duties and shifts their power forward to center. Both are good versatile players.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

last year when we played them edler was the other guard

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Last season edler played some back up point, but more recently in a couple shoot outs and I noticed in a few open gyms that picket was running the point. They may go back to what they did last year when the season starts and have edler run back up point, or keep what it looks like they are doing now and have edler stay on the wing and move pickett to point. Either way, both are solid back ups. Tavaris definitly plays his best in the paint though.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

I can't believe all the hype around Mcbee! He has two left feet

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

west siders wrote:I can't believe all the hype around Mcbee! He has two left feet

Well if that's the case then he's even more talented than anyone thought based on the moves he's got with those two left feet. :122249

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

lightle04 wrote:What about the two guards from east's 7th grade team last year how are they looking.

One of them is not there this year and they other should be pretty good, especially if they get the big kid involved. The Tartans will have a new coach this season as well.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

thanks tartan my son will be releived to hear that one of them left they were a good one two punch we split with them last year

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

91Grad wrote:McBee and Massie from Burg are a pretty good front court duo..

We played them last year and held mcbee to 0 points and massie to 8 points. Held them scoreless in the first quarter.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

J-Bird wrote:Last season edler played some back up point, but more recently in a couple shoot outs and I noticed in a few open gyms that picket was running the point. They may go back to what they did last year when the season starts and have edler run back up point, or keep what it looks like they are doing now and have edler stay on the wing and move pickett to point. Either way, both are solid back ups. Tavaris definitly plays his best in the paint though.
Thats just them evening things because Pikett is a good ballhandler and more likely than not he had no pointguards on his team

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Tartan --- What happened to the coach that has been there the last few years. I cant remember his name, I know that he is/was a student at Shawnee, because I saw him around campus a few times? Do you know who the new coach is?

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

west siders wrote:
91Grad wrote:McBee and Massie from Burg are a pretty good front court duo..

We played them last year and held mcbee to 0 points and massie to 8 points. Held them scoreless in the first quarter.

One game does not make a basketball player, all I was saying that these 2 are very good gaurds in the SOC, Points are not what make a player great, its his attitude ,team play,defense, along with athletism is what makes up a good basketball player.. I do know they went undefeated last year as a TEAM, and look for the same results again this year, good luck Burg on your up coming season

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”