Re: S.O.C. JR HIGH BASKETBALL GUARDS

Post by footballfan49 »

mc
bee

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

CoachClaytor wrote:Tartan --- What happened to the coach that has been there the last few years. I cant remember his name, I know that he is/was a student at Shawnee, because I saw him around campus a few times? Do you know who the new coach is?

I believe he stepped down so he would be able to finish school. He told me last season that was going to be his plan, to step down so he could finish school. I believe he had the junior high program in the right direction, hopefully Coach Bear will be able to continue that. I may have to go to a couple games or two to see how they do since, I am not doing the book for them this year as far as I know.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

When is the first practice Blue, My son is wanting to play this year.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

My guess is sometime this week...

lightle04, i wouldn't be all that relieved as he may still have to deal with him as he now goes to Notre Dame I believe.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

East had 18 boys @ open gym today.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

not bad numbers, interested in hearing how many of them are 8th graders and how many are 7th as not alot of 7th graders came out last year. I think Bradford and Craiger if given a chance to play on the 8th grade team together could make a nice combo, wish the other guard from last year was back as well could have been a good trio together.

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Ozzie, actually practices cant begin until Monday, doesnt matter whether it is high school or junior high. Tartan, I dont know Coach Bear, how old is he and has he had any coaching experience before???

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I believe he coached the junior high team before, not sure...never really got into falling the junior high program before a couple years ago. I think he could do a good job with them and teach them the game and hopefully win some games.

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Tartan you are correct. Teaching the kids how to play the games are the most important thing. In my opinion definately more important than winning games at the junior high level. Dont get me wrong, when it comes game time I am trying to win as much as anyone, as I truly hate losing at anything =), but even if we do lose every game, as long as the kids improve and have the ability to contribute once they get to the high school level then I have done my job.

Tartan whenever we play down at East, come over and introduce yourself, I would enjoy the oppurtunity to meet you and talk with you some, as you definately add some great thoughts to these boards.

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

west siders wrote:
91Grad wrote:McBee and Massie from Burg are a pretty good front court duo..

We played them last year and held mcbee to 0 points and massie to 8 points. Held them scoreless in the first quarter.

Yet you still got beat....twice. :122249

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

West 7th grade had at least 50 @ open gym last week

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”