Freshman Team

The best bigman in southeatern ohio

Post by Pringles105 »

Who are the best bigmen in j.h. basketball

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Re: The best bigman in southeatern ohio

Post by Bandwagoner »

trevon bolin-hitchens is from waverly hes 6' 2'' 7 a good shooter.

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

tavares pickett...eastern pike... no second thoughts pringles105

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

i think the may kid at western has a chance to be something hes 6'3 240

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

last year Western had a big kid that was a 7th grader, if he got stronger he could be a force to be wreckoned with. Also East has a big kid(can't remember his name off the top of my head) that will be a 8th grader this year that could help the Tartans 8th grade team if given the chance to score down low and toughens up.

If they both work hard I think it could be a good matchup when these two play each other, might be worth the trip to East to see them play when Western travels there.

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Lightle and Tartan you are both correct about the May kid we have here at Western. He may not be the tallest post in southern ohio, but I can probably say without a doubt that he is definately the biggest. He stood beside Bobbie Smithson the other day at an open gym and he was just as big if not a little bigger. Granted he is not nearly as strong yet, but hopefully he will get there at some point.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

lightle04 wrote:i think the may kid at western has a chance to be something hes 6'3 240
I watched him play a needs to work on his jumping and maybe some more strength he can dominate if he has improved in these 2 catagories
Last edited by Pringles105 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Longfellow Deeds
Riding the Bench

Post by Longfellow Deeds »

Is the Hitchens boy from Waverly playing AAU anywhere?

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Pringles,

His jumping should come around, I believe that was simply from just being young. As far as his strength goes, he has pretty good strength, but his personallity it not one to be overly aggressive, thus it looked like he was not that strong. I also know that sometimes he is afraid to hurt anyone, this comes from that personality that i just spoke off. Hopefully he becomes more aggressive because he can definately be a great asset to our program.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

Well he has good pontential and you have to be aggresive in this game just like anyother in my oppinion and he shouldnt be afraid to hurt anyone i aint sayin to kill people intentioly but playin any sport you and others are bound on gettin hurt

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Deeds
Hitchens doesn't play on an AAU team, his father was trying to find one but didn't have any luck.

Longfellow Deeds
Riding the Bench

Post by Longfellow Deeds »

playtowin wrote:Deeds
Hitchens doesn't play on an AAU team, his father was trying to find one but didn't have any luck.

If they are interested in playing on a team this coming spring I can probably help him out. Just message me with information.

hornet323
Waterboy

Post by hornet323 »

nick culbertson from ironton needs to be mentioned

bigtimeballer
Waterboy

Post by bigtimeballer »

te rock hill 8t grade has shane harper and chris stevens two 5'10 150 lbs scoring machings they are going to lead us to the ovc title

the 7th grade has brayton miller,jack goodwin and jordon hairston for a sub miller is 5'11 205 lbs and is deadly under the rim goodwin is the guy who can play inside or outside he will kill you either place
watch out for them leading the team along with stand out austin collins at point to a ovc title

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”