Junior High Girls Basketball Records

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Re: Junior High Girls Basketball Records

Post by sportsfan9572 »

you will never catch me whining about refs or saying that a team lost because of bad ones but facts are facts and i'm sure you can compare the fouls of both teams from when they play at West, Minford or elsewhere and they are only comparable when they are not playing at West. Junior high refs at West may be completely different. We shall see.

minfordfalcon20
Waterboy

Post by minfordfalcon20 »

yes i will say minford does foul alot but i dont always complain about the reffs cuz sumtimes the grils have off days n dats jus how it is.........well i hope they r different reffs from last year.......

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

falcon20 For someone who joined 24 hours ago, you have posted 6 months worth.
Also, you need periods and proper spelling. This is not a texting thread.

minfordfalcon20
Waterboy

Ok. I will start typing proper.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

All the talk about getting homered at West. I know that West and Minford met more than at West last year, what was the overall records? I believe that West takes the margin, with that said I don't think it is a matter of getting homered by the refs.

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

I think you need to back off the Referee subject because I KNOW THEY ARE NOT GOING TO CHEAT A KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!They are just like Coaches they do not get paid enough to here the stuff they hear and if you can do any better then pay your $150.00 and take the class so you can learn the real rules of basketball. May God Bless You and I hope you can remember what sports in school is supposed to be about.

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

Ref's don't lose the ball game. They don't make bad passes, take or make the shots and they don't rebound. A good coache will always look back on a game and see shot percentage and rebound maragin to tell how their team really lost. If you shoot the ball lousy, don't rebound and don't play defense then you will lose no matter what the refs are calling. Also, good players and coaches adjust to how the refs call a ball game...

minfordfalcon20
Waterboy

Can someone tell me if at half time one team has like 11 to 12 fouls an the other team has 2... Now tell me does that sound like a fair game........If someone could clear that up please do.

AAU Scout
Waterboy

Post by AAU Scout »

It sounds like that the team being refered to has issues in handling their anger. Usually players foul alot when the other team if faster, are better ball handlers and they become frustrated. The players committing the fouls usually reach alot. This happen alot in biddy ballleagues. Most players have corrected this behavior by Junior High. As their skill level increases this will happen less often. To answer your question it is apparent that the other teams possess more skill.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Back to records, I believe Gallia Academy 7th grade girls are 10-2 and the 8th grade is 7-5 (and their record should be 11-1).

Weather permitting we will travel to Ironton on Wed. Will be a tough game for both teams. Ironton won at Gallia 54-51 in OT.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles

7th grade 10-1
8th grade 10-1

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

Fort Frye

7th grade 11-0
8th grade 10-1

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles 7th grade 11-1
Peebles 8th grade 10-2

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

It sounds like that the team being refered to has issues in handling their anger. Usually players foul alot when the other team if faster, are better ball handlers and they become frustrated. The players committing the fouls usually reach alot. This happen alot in biddy ballleagues. Most players have corrected this behavior by Junior High. As their skill level increases this will happen less often. To answer your question it is apparent that the other teams possess more skill.

this is to reply to AAU Scout, sometimes at the junior high level, the refs have a hard time officiating a team that plays aggressive man to man, in AAU you can get away with aggressive man to man, because the refs are used to seeing that. While most JR high games, are zone dominated...But players need to learn that if a ref calls you for reaching or hand checking then back off, some players listen to their coaches some don't. If you have players that get into foul trouble while playing a zone, that is due to the frustration and players not boxing out or maintaingin zone responsibilities. So, kids should learn to play man to man correctly at the pee wee level and refs should be calling more reaching at that level to help in correcting this problem

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

West 7th @ 8th grade girls over a good aggressive Valley.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Oak Hill 7th grade.....9-1
Oak Hill 8th grade.....7-3

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

North Adams

7th Grade: 7-3 (Win tonight over Manchester, 28-23; 2 victories in 3 days over the Lady Greyhounds)

8th Grade: 7-5 (Win tonight over Manchester 51-16?)

7th Grade will play in the SHL tournament semi-finals on Saturday against the winner of Peebles/West Union at Fairfield HS.

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Minford 7th 10-0

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

Fort Frye regular season is over.
7th graded 14-0
8th grade 12-2
Tourny play starts 2-12-09

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Minford 7th is 11-0 and 8th is 7-4 and the game with Burg is still on for tonight. Goodluck tonight girls and goodluck at tournaments.
Last edited by bleacherwarmer on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”