Scioto County Youth Soccer

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
wemufans
All Conference

Re: Scioto County Youth Soccer

Post by wemufans »

92falcon wrote:On the topic of a child playing in 2 age groups, I was told ( do not know if it is a rule) that if a child plays up an age that the child could not play in a younger group. My players were 9 years old playing U12 but were not allowed to play any U10 games due to playing up an age group. Another question I have is can a player play on 2 different teams from different areas in a season? For example play for Porstmouth and Lucasville in the same age bracket. Is there a rule against it and where does a club team fit in with that rule.
Individulas leagues have different rules so there is really no set rules that I think any league follows. I know when Wheelersburg came to SP last week it was their club team. I think it had kids form different schools but I could be wrong. Saw in the paper where a kid named Gampp scored for the Burg and read on here a kid by the same name scored for Minford. Could be the same kid? maybe not, could be cousins? Who Knows!.

I'm not saying Burg did anything wrong. I think kids play on differnet teams all the time.So really I think there is no governing system like you would see with something like Little League. So who knows what goes on.

I know SP has played in a league with Boyd CO, Greenup, and Ironton and Chesapeake. We even went to a tourney that was U-12 and one of the teams had kids that were U14 . No one seems to care to check birthdates when it was found out they made 3 of the teams tri champs instead of tossing out the cheating team! LOL So Good Luck in finding any rules and regulations. Some will cheat! Some are honest! Good but hard lesson for kids to learn that not everyone plays by the rules!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

In the Scioto Co. league, if a child plays "up" then they can only play up. 92Falcon, you are correct that you can't play in 2 age groups. No matter what school you attend, you are allowed to register and play for any school in the county, but not on more than one. Some schools don't have soccer (like Green) and some kids live in a different district than where they attend school (open enrollment, live with grandparents, etc).

The Wheelersburg club team does have a couple kids from other schools because it is the only club team in the county and there are no other opportunities for kids to play other than the Saturday recreational league. The kids from other schools play for their respective home school's U15 team in the county league, but the club team is not part of the Scioto County League. Hopefully all schools in the county will eventually have school sponsored jr. high teams.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Wheelersburg U12 B lost at New Boston by the score of 3-1. Congrats Tigers and to Kyle McQuithy who tallied all three of NB's goals for the hat trick!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg U12A over Clay 5-1 to go to 3-0 on the season.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Just for the record I wasn't acccusing anyone from Scioto County of doing anything wrong. Can't believe that most of the Middle School teams in both Scioto and Lawrence aren't school sponsored. I do know that times are tough for schols financially and adding another sport would be a hardship. It's just sad that soccer gets so little respect! Good luck to all the teams and maybe SP can schedule some more teams from Scioto County besides Burg.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

wemufans wrote:Just for the record I wasn't acccusing anyone from Scioto County of doing anything wrong. Can't believe that most of the Middle School teams in both Scioto and Lawrence aren't school sponsored. I do know that times are tough for schols financially and adding another sport would be a hardship. It's just sad that soccer gets so little respect! Good luck to all the teams and maybe SP can schedule some more teams from Scioto County besides Burg.
I understand where you are coming from. It would be great if all the Scioto Co. schools were able to get school sponsored jr. high soccer. Right now the way the rules are written, a school team can only play 1 game out of state. The Burg Club team plays Boyd Co, Verity, Russell and maybe others out of state because there is no teams to play over here. Soccer has never gotten the respect it should from any of the schools around here. I played 20 years ago when soccer was really new to southern Ohio and frankly, it hasn't changed as much as it should have over that many years (as far as respect from the schools).

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Soccer is not a money maker for the schools...some of the local schools are very good and getting better but until there are 1,500 fans coming to every game like football or basketball then it doesnt pay the electric bills or hardly the refs for what schools pay for them now days....youth soccer is good for kids and builds strong bodies and good feet just keep plugging along. my son is playing again for the first time since he was 7 he is now u15 at valley because it will get him in better shape for basketball than the football is currently doing

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Anyone got good directions to where Burg plays their games. SP plays them on Thurs. Any help is appreciated!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

From US52, take the 522 exit and turn left. You will cross railroad tracks and take the first road to the left (follow signs to go-cart track). This road will lead you directly to the fields.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

osumufan wrote:Anyone got good directions to where Burg plays their games. SP plays them on Thurs. Any help is appreciated!
Looks like a wet one tonight!!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

thanks for the directions BTW they were right on!....and I was surprised it wasn't wet hardly at all....I guess the fields just soaked it all up due to the drought....I was hoping it wasn't going to be muddy seeing how someone ordered white shirts for our team lol

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

osumufan wrote:thanks for the directions BTW they were right on!....and I was surprised it wasn't wet hardly at all....I guess the fields just soaked it all up due to the drought....I was hoping it wasn't going to be muddy seeing how someone ordered white shirts for our team lol
No problem. I think you are right about the fields....they seem to have soaked up the water like a sponge. I went to the high school game last night too and the field did not look like it had even rained.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Both Webster u12 teams won again last week. SWa beat BurgC 2-0 or 3-0. SWb beat Minford b 4-0.

Webster U15 beat Nwest 3-0.

Fun group of kids to watch play soccer. Not sure who they play this weekend, but looks like beautiful weather!

Webster u10 lost to Nwest 3-2

I too wish that schools would sponsor a junior high team, but not sure that will happen in Scioto County. Kind of like baseball, I don't think there is one county school that sponsors junior high teams. Some argue that they don't bring in enough money to support such a program, but I could say that about junior high volleyball too. Saw a game the other day with 15 people and no concession stand open. How much did they bring in for that game?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Tripleplay wrote:I too wish that schools would sponsor a junior high team, but not sure that will happen in Scioto County. Kind of like baseball, I don't think there is one county school that sponsors junior high teams. Some argue that they don't bring in enough money to support such a program, but I could say that about junior high volleyball too. Saw a game the other day with 15 people and no concession stand open. How much did they bring in for that game?
It would make it difficult to split the money between the 2, but if they would have the Jr. High soccer matches on the same night and field as the high school matches, the schools would have concessions and gate to share between the high school and junior high. Even if they just gave the jr. high enough money to pay for the officials for their game, it would be possible. Maybe even have a few more Saturday matches with the jr. high as the opening match.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

South Webster U12 B over Wheelersburg B 10+ to 0. Excellent team Jeeps!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg U12 over Valley 9-0, to go to 4-0 on the season!! (Hughes 4, Mohammed 2)

Wheelersburg U12 C tied West 1-1

Wheelersburg U15 game vs. Clay cancelled due to sickness of kids at Clay

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Minford U-15 B won over Northwest U-15 on Sat. Not sure of the score.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

GreenGrass wrote:Minford U-15 B won over Northwest U-15 on Sat. Not sure of the score.
I believe the score was 6-1

JeepsFan4Ever
Waterboy

Post by JeepsFan4Ever »

4th n Goal wrote:Wheelersburg U12 over Valley 9-0, to go to 4-0 on the season!! (Hughes 4, Mohammed 2)

Wheelersburg U12 C tied West 1-1

Wheelersburg U15 game vs. Clay cancelled due to sickness of kids at Clay
South Webster B U12 team beat all 3 of Burg's U12 teams. They beat Burg A 6-2, Burg B 10-0, and Burg C 3-0. SW B is 4-0.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

JeepsFan4Ever wrote:South Webster B U12 team beat all 3 of Burg's U12 teams. They beat Burg A 6-2, Burg B 10-0, and Burg C 3-0. SW B is 4-0.
SW B had to forfeit their first 2-3 games because they had 12 and 13 year olds on the U12 team (all kids must be Under 12 at the cut-off date, which I believe is 7/31). They had (5) 12 year olds and (2) 13 year olds on the team. SW B is either 2-2 or 1-3 depending on when they got the roster issue fixed.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”