Top 10 8th grade boys programs.

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Top 10 8th grade boys programs.

Post by 1987chieftains »

noreply66 wrote:
Fan of Sports wrote:
followthru wrote:From the teams i have seen i would rank them as follows.
1 lynchburg clay
2 lucasville valley
3 portsmouth
4 peebles
5 eastern pike
6 north adams
7 eastern brown
8 fayeteville
I have not seen minford and zane trace play but have heard they have good ballclubs.
The top 5 should look a little more like this:
1. Zane Trace
2. Lucasville Valley
3. Vinton County
4. Portsmouth and Chillicothe
Logan has beaten Chillicothe this month and played VC back in December and will play them again on 02/01/12--Don't know who won the VC 1st game.

Went back and couldn't find where VC and Logan play [12/21/12]
that 1st game was cancelled

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

sandcwebb wrote:Evidently you haven't seen the Symmes Valley 8th grade boys play. these young men are awsome, fast and read each others mind before they think it, and did I mention FAST. If you get A chance you really should see these guys play. Its obvious why their undefeated winning against great teams like Eastern Pike and Sciotoville East twice. Also winning against OVC teams like Coal Grove and Rock Hill. The SOC 1 and 2 seem to be southeastern Ohio's finest. Great job to these teams and keep it up so that on those future trips to STATE the northern schools won't dominate anymore.
I agree, SV very very good. I have seen them play.
Maybe to get somewhat of a comparison between them Minford and Lucasville Valley is keeping and eye on scores this weekend to see how the Beaver Eastern game against Minford goes this Saturday. If someone could please post the score of this game Saturday it would be great.
Too bad all these teams can't get together in one tournament and see how things come out. Would be some fun games to watch.
I think Minford and Lucasville play in a tournament at South Webster though. Eastern holds it's own tournament with some pretty good teams in it. Symmes Valley is playing in a tournament up at Southern. Not sure who all might be in that tournament.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

any word on the Logan VC games tonight?

SVFAN
Waterboy

Post by SVFAN »

riverball wrote:
sandcwebb wrote:Evidently you haven't seen the Symmes Valley 8th grade boys play. these young men are awsome, fast and read each others mind before they think it, and did I mention FAST. If you get A chance you really should see these guys play. Its obvious why their undefeated winning against great teams like Eastern Pike and Sciotoville East twice. Also winning against OVC teams like Coal Grove and Rock Hill. The SOC 1 and 2 seem to be southeastern Ohio's finest. Great job to these teams and keep it up so that on those future trips to STATE the northern schools won't dominate anymore.
I agree, SV very very good. I have seen them play.
Maybe to get somewhat of a comparison between them Minford and Lucasville Valley is keeping and eye on scores this weekend to see how the Beaver Eastern game against Minford goes this Saturday. If someone could please post the score of this game Saturday it would be great.
Too bad all these teams can't get together in one tournament and see how things come out. Would be some fun games to watch.
I think Minford and Lucasville play in a tournament at South Webster though. Eastern holds it's own tournament with some pretty good teams in it. Symmes Valley is playing in a tournament up at Southern. Not sure who all might be in that tournament.
Man that would be a tournament worth good money, knowing that those games would be better than some pro games.Symmes Valley had some great games in past tournaments with Lucasville and Minford back in grade school all stars , although losing to them then by only a few points they were great games. It would be great to see how much these athletes have matured. Wish all the best of luck to Minford and the VALLEY's

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto beats Zane Trace 40-37 tonight. Unioto is now 13-3, with losses to Chillicothe, Vinton County, and Zane Trace.

Zane Trace is very, very good.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

noreply66 wrote:any word on the Logan VC games tonight?
8th grade won 30-27
7th grade lost 44-26

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Minford lost to Eastern Pike saturday?

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

Yes, Minford lost Saturday to Eastern by 1.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Alexander is 14-1 with one game to play. Only loss was @ VC

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Peebles takes 2nd place in the SHL and goes on to become SHL Tourney Champs..upsetting the undefeated Lynchburg Mustangs. They have improved a lot from the beginning of the year. I'd like to see them have a rematch with Valley and Portsmouth, both stellar ball clubs. Valley was impressive when they visited Peebles for a scrimmage before the season, with 7th and 8th grade having to consolidate and 15 kids on the bench it was obvious Peebles hadn't figured out the dynamics of their team yet. Looks like Valley has a lot of talent coming up for the next few years...and there is definitely something in the water...some Big Boys!!

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

[quote="Chieftan"]Peebles takes 2nd place in the SHL and goes on to become SHL Tourney Champs..upsetting the undefeated Lynchburg Mustangs. They have improved a lot from the beginning of the year. I'd like to see them have a rematch with Valley and Portsmouth, both stellar ball clubs. Valley was impressive when they visited Peebles for a scrimmage before the season, with 7th and 8th grade having to consolidate and 15 kids on the bench it was obvious Peebles hadn't figured out the dynamics of their team yet. Looks like Valley has a lot of talent coming up for the next few years...and there is definitely something in the water...some Big Boys!![/quote

congrats on a good season and it is tough to combine teams and figure out whats what that early ...but it looks like they did ....and if I remember right there were some big boys on your team too ...lol

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Kaileb sheets from Federal Hocking drops 42 points and 23 rebounds in a 2 point win over Trimble

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Rediculous stats, I've seen this boy play and he is very talented.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Sheets is a great athlete. Congratulations to him and his team in winning a championship.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Symmes Valley is probably one of the best teams in Lawrence County but don't use beating OVC teams Rock Hill and Coal Grove as a gauge. They finished 5th and 6th in the OVC. LOL

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I saw Symmes Valley today against the Alex Spartans. Symmes Valley is a very good team. 22 was a very good player and had a good attitude. Alex won the game 50 - 35 with several boys playing very good games. Mason and Cory Chapman would be the standouts, but good games were turned in by Shea Grigsby, Lukas Thompson and all the Spartans.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Alexander a very good team too. Good luck against Athens. Our kid that collided is ok. Hopefully yours is too.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I got a chance to see minford and Valley play today. Valley and minford will be the top two teams in the SOC2 when they grow up. Valley is already huge

SVFAN
Waterboy

Post by SVFAN »

unclebob wrote:
Symmes Valley is probably one of the best teams in Lawrence County but don't use beating OVC teams Rock Hill and Coal Grove as a gauge. They finished 5th and 6th in the OVC. LOL
I agree but dont scorn the boys, they dont make the schedule. If you asked them they would rather play teams like VC, Athens, Alexander,Wellston cause lets face it ,you cant get better till you play better teams. Good Luck to Alex and Athens, we'll be in the other gym :122245

SVFAN
Waterboy

Post by SVFAN »

spartans_fan wrote:I saw Symmes Valley today against the Alex Spartans. Symmes Valley is a very good team. 22 was a very good player and had a good attitude. Alex won the game 50 - 35 with several boys playing very good games. Mason and Cory Chapman would be the standouts, but good games were turned in by Shea Grigsby, Lukas Thompson and all the Spartans.
Alex Spartans were impressive,and to be honest has a look thats deceiving. You first see them you think '' we can hang with'm''. but those young men adjust where they need it and play it well.We are proud of our Vikings to have accomplished what they have done,and to be a division 5 school and ''HANG IN THERE'' with good schools gives us good hope for the future.By the way #22 is very proud of your comment and said he was suprised after having a not so good game.He said he just wasn't in it today.Thanks again and good luck.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”