Little League Tournament

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: Little League Tournament

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I was told as of last night that CG and RH are set to play each other tonight at 6.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

so, did they drop out or r they playing?? Heard they dropped.

codeman00
Freshman Team

Post by codeman00 »

was told last night at 1130pm, coal grove dropped, Rock Hill plays friday the winner of west and fairland (11-12 girls)

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I just confirmed that CG is out. RH advances.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

How in the world do you drop out the night before? This has been the craziest tourney ever. If we knew we were not playing until Friday we could of kept our uniform order but instead it was cancelled. All tourneys seem a little crazy this year.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

In my opinion, interleague has changed everything. Now teams have an idea of how they will match up with other leagues because they have played them all year long. Kids and parents aren't as willing to make the commitment to play all-stars unless they think they have a significant chance of winning it all. I would say I'm shocked to hear that a team dropped out the night before their first game but I'm really not surprised at all.

Sportsfan2010
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan2010 »

How can you change a district bracket once it has been set? Talking about girls jr league. RH was scheduled to play Minford. Minford dropped out. Should that be an automatic win for RH? Instead they replaced Minford with SP. RH did not get the advance? How is that?

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

I have decided that with all the bracket changes it would be best not to put a bracket out there until a few days before the tourney then people won't get mad.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

When looking at what to do when a team drops out, I think the district does a good job looking at each individual case. Some times it is best to just advance the team left without an opponent. Some times it is best to redraw the brackets. I know the Junior League boys is being redrawn tonight because 2 teams dropped out who were set to play each other. That would have meant that the Ironton/Rock Hill winner, after winning the first round game only, would have advanced to the finals of the winners bracket. It would also have left 2 dead spots in the losers bracket. It just made more sense to redraw. The district is in a tough spot when teams drop out this late but there is no set rule on what should be done in those situations.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”