Top 10 8th grade boys programs.

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
rocket10
Waterboy

Re: Top 10 8th grade boys programs.

Post by rocket10 »

Nobody is even looking at the tvc Ohio people are talking about how good symmes valley is and Zane trace but Zane trace only beat unioto by 3 and VC beat unioto by double digets. Also symmes vally was handed there two losses this year vs Alex and VC in the regular season Alex split with VC and beat Athens twice they deffently need to be added to this list

rocket10
Waterboy

Post by rocket10 »

riverball wrote:
followthru wrote:From the teams i have seen i would rank them as follows.
1 lynchburg clay
2 lucasville valley
3 portsmouth
4 peebles
5 eastern pike
6 north adams
7 eastern brown
8 fayeteville
I have not seen minford and zane trace play but have heard they have good ballclubs.
I think Symmes Valley needs added to this list. They are 11-0 I believe and have beaten Eastern Pike twice. They beat them at eastern pike last night in a great game to watch. Both teams really went after it. Very fun to watch 2 very good teams.
If symmes valley is added Alex Athens and VC are deffently on it if symmes valley played in the tvc Ohio they would have 6 losses a year unles they had a big upset

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I would love to see final records and conference/tournament championships listed for all of the top teams listed on this thread. The only two that I know of off the top of my head are:

Valley (18-1; 13-1 SOC 2) - The Indians finished as the regular season co-champs in the SOC 2 and won the South Webster Tournament (consisting of Valley, Minford, Wheelersburg, Oak Hill, West, Northwest, South Webster and Clay).

Minford (16-3; 13-1 SOC 2) - The Falcons also finished as the regular season co-champs in the SOC 2 and finished 2nd in the South Webster Tournament.

Anyone else care to list the final records and accomplishments of any other teams?

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Alexander Spartans finished the season 17-2, winning the TVC regular season title and finished second in the Southern tournaments to Athens where teams like Belpre, Symmes Valley, Vinton county and Athens were in the draw. Big wins would be over Vinton, Symmes Valley, Belpre, Athens (twice) and Logan (twice). Only loses came to Vinton County and Athens.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point8th grade OVC tournament champs 13-5 over all
8-2 regular season 2nd place OVC
2-0 in OVC tournament
losses were to Portsmouth by about 8 or so, Peake, River Valley, Huntington (twice)
Two wins over Galia Academy. They are loaded with great athletes with only one really great shooter! I would say Huntingto Middle is the best team around the tri-state by far.

Chesapeake 8th grade overall IDK ( at least 4 losses)
9-1 reg season OVC champs
0-1 in tournament ( seeded #1 and lost to RV in semi's who were seeded #4)
They lost to Galia and Ports, South Point, River Valley. They also beat Galia Academy once. They have some great shooters but not great athletes if that makes sense.
Last edited by osumufan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SVFAN
Waterboy

Post by SVFAN »

Symmes Valley 8th grade had an undefeated season 16-0 and SOC 1 Champs
Wins over Eastern Pike,Sciotoville East,Coal Grove,Rock Hill, Ports. Clay, Ports. Notre Dame, Green, South Gallia,
In The Southern Tournament #1 seed , finishing in 4th place with Win over Wellston and losing to Alexander and Vinton Co.
Great job SV Vikings.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Eastern Pike vs Chillicothe will be a great game tomorrow (Sat). I am not into rankings, but both teams have kids that are fundamentally sound, athletic and can shoot the basketball. Eastern Pike is one of the better teams, I have seen this year and I have seen a lot of Middle School basketball. They are lacking depth, but their top 5 can score the ball and work well together.

SVFAN
Waterboy

Post by SVFAN »

rocket10 wrote:
riverball wrote:
followthru wrote:From the teams i have seen i would rank them as follows.
1 lynchburg clay
2 lucasville valley
3 portsmouth
4 peebles
5 eastern pike
6 north adams
7 eastern brown
8 fayeteville
I have not seen minford and zane trace play but have heard they have good ballclubs.
I think Symmes Valley needs added to this list. They are 11-0 I believe and have beaten Eastern Pike twice. They beat them at eastern pike last night in a great game to watch. Both teams really went after it. Very fun to watch 2 very good teams.
If symmes valley is added Alex Athens and VC are deffently on it if symmes valley played in the tvc Ohio they would have 6 losses a year unles they had a big upset
THE BIG WORD IS "IF" LOL

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

osumufan wrote:South Point8th grade OVC tournament champs 18-5 over all
2-0 in OVC tournament
losses were to Portsmouth by about 8 or so, Peake, River Valley, Huntington (twice)
Two wins over Galia Academy. They are loaded with great athletes with only one really great shooter! I would say Huntingto Middle is the best team around the tri-state by far.

Chesapeake 8th grade overall IDK ( at least 3 losses)
they lost to Galia and Ports, South Point River Valley. They also beat Galia Academy once. They have some great shooters but not great athletes if that makes sense.
8th grade teams are allowed to play 16 regular season games and 1 tournament not to exceed 4 games.....that is per OHSAA rules! sounds like they played 3 games too many..

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

defenserules wrote:
2-0 in OVC tournament

they lost to Galia and Ports, South Point River Valley. They also beat Galia Academy once. They have some great shooters but not great athletes if that makes sense.
8th grade teams are allowed to play 16 regular season games and 1 tournament not to exceed 4 games.....that is per OHSAA rules! sounds like they played 3 games too many..
citizens arrest....citizens arrest .....lol

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

HItops wrote:
defenserules wrote:
2-0 in OVC tournament

citizens arrest....citizens arrest .....lol

My bad :oops: we were 13-5 overall! No need to get you panties in a wad! ;-)

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”