REVISED!!!! TEEN OVC SCHEDULE!!!!!!

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
gogrove9
JV Team

REVISED!!!! TEEN OVC SCHEDULE!!!!!!

Post by gogrove9 »

The old schedule is WRONG!! the old schedule didn't have everyone on ateam playing each other in regular season. The only change of opponent comes on the last week of the season. The bteam opponents stayed the same although the times may have changed. Please go to the new thread with the new schedule on it and give it to your team. The one on Saturday didn't have the revisons because it didn't save before I printed it . Once again sorry for the inconvenience. I apologize.
Last edited by gogrove9 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ItownHosscat
S

Re: REVISED!!!! TEEN OVC SCHEDULE!!!!!!

Post by ItownHosscat »

Why is it revised?

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

yeah why!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
no really why a new schedule???????

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

thought there was going to be a c-team season too this year that would be great!!!
just wandering!!!!!!!!!

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

rock hill split it's b-team.i heard that they had nearly sixty kids signed up for b-team.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

on a mission wrote:rock hill split it's b-team.i heard that they had nearly sixty kids signed up for b-team.

That is awesome. So glad to hear teams have that many kids out for football.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

JUST HAPPY THEY DECIDED TO SPLIT.LOL

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

on a mission wrote:JUST HAPPY THEY DECIDED TO SPLIT.LOL

That is truly best for the kids. Glad to see it happen as I'm sure lots of parents are glad as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

on a mission wrote:rock hill split it's b-team.i heard that they had nearly sixty kids signed up for b-team.
------------------- i had 53 one year. but they would not split the teams. it was a nightmare. but we won a ton of games. just too hard in 8 minute quarters trying to get everybody in, and yet play to win. impossible was what it was.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

There is only one good thing that can come from not splitting,winning a ton of games and lets face it ,is that really what it's about at this age?

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

There will be cteam games this year. The coaches have to get together to set up a schedule. There is a possibility of having a tournament at the end of the year for the c team since the win- loss record at this level will not really count. It is more about learning the game and getting prepared for the future. I hope all of the boys get a lot of playing time this year. This is great for the boys and the parents both.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I would personally like to see teen o.v.c. recognize the c-team,currently it is as though they don't exist.I know that not every team has the numbers to put a c-team together ,but lets not observe the ones who can .I feel if the league would have a c-team schedule, as it does for a-b-teams and also have a superbowl for c-team that more teams would be able to put a team together.Lets face at that age it is suppose to be about instruction but there are alot of parents that like to go to work and let their co-workers know that little johnny is the next Walter Payton.

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

how true!

Devilologist
Freshman Team

Post by Devilologist »

I would have at least said Eric Dickerson, he is alive.......OJ is out of the question so hhhmmmmmmm.... I would still say Barry Sanders or Emmit Smith too. LOL

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

There is no "C" team.Its B-team and A-team.
I agree there should be something for the "little" fellers,but...
Heres the thing if you got too many kids split them up form 2 teams.Thats 22 kids starting as compaired to 11.
I coached in this league years ago and we did work in what we called "C" games on a week night.
Reasons why theres no C games is time.Plain and simple those guys that Ref spend their saturdays down there listening to coaches and parents tell them how much they are cheating their kids,when they could be at home watching college football.
Im not against C-teams but if their isnt enough people playing"C" games why have those kids set there on the sidelines during practice and games?
Take the younger ones to a different league.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

HEY HOSS SINCE U HAVE THE ANSWERS WHY DON'T U APPROACH THE LEAGUE WITH THE SOLUTION.tHIS IS BECOMING SOMETHING THAT HOPEFULLY ALL THE TEAMS HAVE TO DEAL WITH.tHE ANSWER MAY BE DON'T ALLOW SECOND GRADE KIDS TO SIGN UP FOR CONTACT.tHERE IS A LEAGUE WHERE THEY CAN PLAY,IT'S CALLED FLAG BUT TO MANY PARENTS WANT TO PUSH THE LITTLE ONES INTO HITTING AND STANDING ON THE SIDE LINE.NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK BUT SOME SCHOOLS ALWAYS HAVE HUGE NUMBERS,LETS ALL GET TOGETHER AND FIGURE THIS PROBLEM OUT IT HAS GONE ON TOO LONG!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Like I said,I coached a few years back.Do I have the answer?
I don't,but First come to the reality...there is no "C-teams".It is A and B.I didn't make that rule up,its been that way for years.Im not trying to be smart,just stating facts.I had a son who played and yes he was small for his age,and yes he would have benefited from C-team games,but like I said....there isn't a C league.
Obiously your in the league, bring it up to your president or the league president.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Some teams do have c-teams,most teams in the league do play c-team games.CG-OH-RH-IE in the past,maybe this year IB,when b. roach was there,SV has even played in c-team games throughout the years.So actually there really are c-teams, the only problem is the teen o.v.c.won't recognize it b/c not all teams can put one together!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I like this discussion. I haven't coached in the league but have been involved with it for a long time. I also agree that C team football is too much. If you've got that many B team players that you want to set up a C team scrimmage during the week, by all means do it. I would strongly disagree with the idea that C team games should be played with a score kept and records.

I also agree that 2nd graders shouldn't be in this league. If they want to play football it should be flag only. Let 3rd and 4th graders make up the B team league and leave the 2nd graders in flag.

I've got lots of other ideas for changes I'd like to see but as an official, the coaches don't like my ideas. :122245

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

BWH,I think teen o.v.c. is dropping the ballwith the second grade kids.They make the kids show up on sat games for the gate money and concessions.I just think if you are going to make those little ones show up for the money then there should be some type of reward for these kids rather than a mid-week scrimmage.flag football is the answer for these little guys!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”