Waterboy

Top 10 8th Grade Girls Teams

Post by Balla42 »

One was started for boys, figured I'd give the girls a shot

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Top 10 8th Grade Girls Teams

Post by 1987chieftains »

Logan, Nobody has been within 20pts of these girls.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

South Webster is the best in the area. Both 7th and 8th are undefeated as far as I know. And the scores I've seen haven't been close.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

This^

A recently talked to a guy in the SW sports dept. who has told me SW girls will run the table Oak Hill style in the coming years. I'll take his word for it while the scores do the talking. I haven't seen scores like that since watching the State Tourney OH girls play in Jr High.

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

If the Peebles girls would understand the word "pass", then they certainly deserve to be in a top 10 discussion. (Combined 7th and 8th grade)

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Debo wrote:If the Peebles girls would understand the word "pass", then they certainly deserve to be in a top 10 discussion. (Combined 7th and 8th grade)
Pass?? as in what....hopefully not moving the ball around...I've not been to every game but the ones I have been to the problems have been making careless mistakes and turning the ball over time and time again

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

SOuth Webster plays solid uptempo defense and shares the ball. Routinely the 8th grade will have two and three girls with 14 or more points. Hall leads the way, the other night off the dribble from her defensive foul line threw a one handed outlet to a girl at the other end that a majority of high school girls don't make, Weeks can flat out shoot from the three and Johnson, Stamper and Wilson all are solid and can beat u players. Both groups r UNSELFISH and on tHe 7th grade the One girl could be a girl that breaks three point records on the state level. The majority of the group all play AAU during the summer. And the upcoming 5/6th grade girls are good and work at it. Could be a good run in the future. Go Jeeps

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

How many state championships is this group going to win?

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

PHSfan14 wrote:
Debo wrote:If the Peebles girls would understand the word "pass", then they certainly deserve to be in a top 10 discussion. (Combined 7th and 8th grade)
Pass?? as in what....hopefully not moving the ball around...I've not been to every game but the ones I have been to the problems have been making careless mistakes and turning the ball over time and time again
I should have stated myself more clearly. What I was meaning by "pass" is following through on what you have stated (careless mistakes and too many turnovers).

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Swankier Pine I don't predict the future, too many things n life can happen. Just saying they r a great bunch of kids with a great upside, And that they have to be one of the top jr high girls team in the area. The potential is there to make good runs, but just keep an eye on the group. :122245

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Reminds me of the two years Kayla Cook was in junior high. The team couldn't be touched. One player destined for greatness with an above average group to support her. Is it too early to say that Kacie Hall is the next Kayla Cook? These girls better stay together throughout high school. I see some regional appearances in their future. A state appearance is also very possible.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Believe Halls teammates (all which play AAU on some level to get better) are a better group then in the past, don't know for sure. Plus the grades below her have some talent comin up. That is going to b the key, they all need to b striving towards getting better and the ultimate team goal.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

my niece is 9 or 10 and plays all over the place. I believe she scored 18 out of 21 points their last game. things are looking up

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

OVC area would have to be Fairlands 8th grade team. No close games at all. Mostly blow outs .
These girls going up next year to high school and with what Fairland already has....
they will be tough for years to come......

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I believe Westfall is still undefeated in 8th grade girls out of the SVC league.

Webster pride
Freshman Team

Post by Webster pride »

Sw lady jeeps are both 8-0 and both play team ball!

if this ladies dont win it all it will be a disappointment

Webster pride
Freshman Team

Post by Webster pride »

Ive coached them for the past 6 years and they only know one thing and thats team ball and to get after it from start to finish, btw its Weakley and shes my daughter and she gets her shots from team play and making the extra pass! They love the game and have the most heart ive seen from a jr high girls team!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Im sure they are excited for high school and the hallowed "YYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" 's from the super fans. I'm excited anyway.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

YYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think Logan is 8 and 1

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”