Play-offs at Ironton.

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
ItownHosscat
S

Play-offs at Ironton.

Post by ItownHosscat »

Those of you that were there know the scoreboard wasn't working.It was beyond our controll,something about a mother board.
Anyways I'd like to thank Mike Mahlmeister for keeping the clock on the field.
The reason I say this is because of some of the things I heard.
First off Mike is a stand up guy,he is an all around great guy I like to kid with.Mike in no way shape or form would ever "cheat" a team on time.Theres one person that knew the game time the whole game and that was Mike.That being said,To the guy from Oak Hill that was complaining about"Ironton's lack of score board".I think the comment about "not turning on the scoreboard at Oak Hill for the super bowl" was just wrong.I'll admit Ironton doesnt have the luxury of every one else in the league with all the field turf and getting access to the high school fields like some.But everyone gets their turn at hosting.
Overall a great 2 days of peewee football.
Congrats to all the kids.It was definately worth the price of admission!

Pocket Aces
S

Re: Play-offs at Ironton.

Post by Pocket Aces »

I agree - Mike's solid in the stripes. His crew always calls a fair game, what more can you ask for.

Sure, it would have been nice for the scoreboard to be working. Bad timing, but no sense trying to blame anyone. Freaking electronics - who needs 'em anyway.

Kudos on the PA announcer. Where'd ya find that guy? He may have a future in that gig. Not quite as good as that guy who used to do a SPOT-ON Marty Brennaman, though. Who was that guy-bout your age, Hoss.

Anyway, nice games. I hate cold weather though.

backnblack
Waterboy

Post by backnblack »

good job everybody, from stripes to announcer to coaches and players

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE THAT MIKE AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE CREW WOULD NOT CHEAT ANY TEAM AT ANY TIME. THEY ARE A GOOD FAIR GROUP AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM REFF EVERY GAME THAT I ATTEND SO THERE ARE NO QUESTIONS ON THE OFFICIATING BEING A FACTOR ON THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME. AND YES TECHNOLOGY IS GOOD WHEN IT WORKS.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

There was no cheating going on during the game from anyone on the field. I would like to say congrats to everyone whome was involved.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

not to beat a dead horse, but I will say those guys officiating last night would not cheat anyone, let alone a bunch of young kids. i get so sick of hearing this lame outcry. Three of those guys have 20+ years of football officiating experience and the other guy has about as many if you combine basketball experience in. Do you know the luxury you have when you have an umpire with 30 years experience, a referee and a lineman with 20+ years experience, for a youth league football game? I can say the same for the crew that was there on Monday night.

As for the PA announcer? He was lame. But his spotters were dead on.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

To all regarding last night:

Itownhosscat, thanks for the good words. Last night's games went over without a hitch on the field. Yes, it would have been nice regarding all concerned to have a functioning clock, but it is a well documented fact that Ironton has had trouble with that clock this season and barely got it functional in time for the opening game of the year. It is a mild inconvenience to run the clock on the field, but both teams and both coaches were informed of the time remaining and never did I hear a complaint from either sideline. Now, for the fans, that's a horse of a different color. If the fans from Oak Hill have anything to do with retaliation and turning off the clock intentionally at their field for the Super Bowl, so be it. The only ones that they are punishing are the kids. Hmmmm. Who's being the child here? Makes you wonder. I'll leave it at that.

As for cheating comments, well, again, that stuff is similar to what ends up on the stable floor. I didn't really ever hear anything about cheating with the exception of one call. The only call all night that really got much guff was a live ball, personal foul, that was called and called back a touchdown. Unfortunately, the complainers and naysayers who complained, obviously don't know enough about football to be complaining. It was an overzealous hit behind the ball. It was nothing intentionally vicious indended to cause an injury and it was penalized. End of story.

Pocket Aces, that line of "looks solid in stripes" can be taken two ways.
One about my physical stature, the other about my calls on the field. I'll choose option two, please. :lol: and thanks.

As for the PA guy, there was only one Paul Houston and that guy wasn't him, but "solid behind the Mic" does fit. :lol:

To the fans, coaches, players, league officials and "crew in the booth", it was a good night of football that could only have been better if someone hadn't forgotten to turn on the furnace. Good luck to all in the Super Bowl and hopefully I'll see you all again next season.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Being on the losing end of one of the games Tuesday night ........I'm glad the clock wasn't working! HA HA

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

THE GOVENOR wrote:Being on the losing end of one of the games Tuesday night ........I'm glad the clock wasn't working! HA HA

LOL at THE GOVENOR.

You're pure class bro and you always handle the sidelines just fine, regardless of the score.

sports23432
Riding the Bench

Post by sports23432 »

THE GOVENOR wrote:Being on the losing end of one of the games Tuesday night ........I'm glad the clock wasn't working! HA HA

It just had to be working Monday though didnt it???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love our B-Team Redmen!!!!!!

Sports fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports fan »

about the clock at oak hill sat. if no clock is on . then the league needs to step in ! that would be wrong to do the kids that way .Ironton just had bad luck with the clock thats all .

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”