Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
osumufan
SE

Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Post by osumufan »

6/27
10:00 Chillicothe vs. Portsmouth winner plays Webster 6/29 @ 5:30, loser 7/2 @ 5:30

10:00 Fairland vs South Point
winners play each other on 6/29 @5:30, losers play each other on 6/30 @5:30
1:00 Burg vs. Green

1:00 Ironton vs. West Ports.
winners play 6/29 @5:30, losers play 6/30 @ 5:30
4:00 Coal Grove vs. Rock Hill

4:00 Lucasville vs. Minford winner plays Peake on 6/30 @ 5:30. loser plays7/2 @ 5:30

osumufan
SE

Re: Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Post by osumufan »

Ports over Chilli
South Point over Fairland
Burg over Green

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Ironton over West

codeman00
Freshman Team

Post by codeman00 »

Rock Hill over Coal Grove

baseball fan
Waterboy

Post by baseball fan »

Minford over Lucasville

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

any scores for saturday's games

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

RH 8 vs CG 6

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

thanks, i know Minford over Lucasville 10-0

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

so who looks good for winning district 11 boys

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i'd guess wheelersburg knowing that this same group of kids went to state

Trojanbuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojanbuckeye »

Whelersburg lost to South Point 6-4
Portsmouth lost to South Webster 6-1
Rock Hill beat Ironton.16-1

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

There are just four players on this team that went to the state as 10 yr olds. Four others are on the 10/11 team.

Good Luck Pirates!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I heard that South Point won but didn't have all their players fulfill the minimum play requirements. Wheelersburg protested but the win was not taken away from South Point. Seems a shame that a team didn't follow the rules of the tournament but were still allowed to keep the win.

SJK
Waterboy

Post by SJK »

This happened at Minford also. The 11-12 year old girls softball team only played 5 games this year but the president fixed the papers so they could play all-stars.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

trojanbuckeye wrote:Whelersburg lost to South Point 6-4

South Point won 8-5.
BlindWhiteHat wrote:I heard that South Point won but didn't have all their players fulfill the minimum play requirements. Wheelersburg protested but the win was not taken away from South Point. Seems a shame that a team didn't follow the rules of the tournament but were still allowed to keep the win.

Yeah that is right punish the kids for the manager not getting all the kids in. :122249 I think to take away a win from the kids is a dumb idea. The kid that didn't get to bat had played two innings in the field so it wasn't like he didn't get his defensive outs too. He was the next batter to bat for the Pointers and would have in the bottom of the 6th. The manager is punished and that is enough! I never think you should take a way a win from the kids!

SJK
Waterboy

Post by SJK »

I'm sorry I thought they was talking about not getting enough games in the regular season to be eligible for all-stars.

softball10
Waterboy

Post by softball10 »

This also happened at the 11-12 tournament last yr. at South Point. Portsmouth's coach did not get a kid their at bat and he also was suspended for two games but the team kept the win. I agree with not hurting the kids. SP played their hearts out and so did Wheelersburg. It was a great game to watch. I think SP proved they were the better team for this game. I hope I would not want a win if I didn't deserve it.

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

i was watching the Minford vs Lucasville and i saw alot of very good players. daniels for minford hit a walk off 2 run shot to win the game. go falcons. you have a very good chance to go to state

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

osumufan wrote:
trojanbuckeye wrote:Whelersburg lost to South Point 6-4

South Point won 8-5.
BlindWhiteHat wrote:I heard that South Point won but didn't have all their players fulfill the minimum play requirements. Wheelersburg protested but the win was not taken away from South Point. Seems a shame that a team didn't follow the rules of the tournament but were still allowed to keep the win.

Yeah that is right punish the kids for the manager not getting all the kids in. :122249 I think to take away a win from the kids is a dumb idea. The kid that didn't get to bat had played two innings in the field so it wasn't like he didn't get his defensive outs too. He was the next batter to bat for the Pointers and would have in the bottom of the 6th. The manager is punished and that is enough! I never think you should take a way a win from the kids!

I'm sure you don't want the win taken away since it was South Point who violated the rule. I'm quite certain you'd feel differently if the roles were reversed. I'm sure the parents of the Wheelersburg kids don't think punishing the manager is fair to their kids but I doubt you are interested in what is fair to those kids.

Plus, I've looked at the rules and there are no special provisions since the kid was next to bat or because he played an extra inning in the field.

I think the win should be taken away and I wouldn't hide behind the excuse of "don't take it from the kids, it's not their fault." The point is, adults are in charge of those kids and must take care to follow the rules. There are kids in the other dugout whose manager was dilligent enough to follow the rules. Those kids are now in the losers bracket and you can't convince me this decision was fair to them.

This attitude seems to be more popular in Little League and it's a huge problem. Adults don't follow rules but then say "don't punish the kids" and expect nothing to happen. What about those leagues who follow the rules?

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

The main question is what do the rules specifically say on this situation. Whatever the rules state is what the ruling should be, period. If you were at state would they not want to take the win away? The rules are very specific on just about every situation because they have all arisen at some point and needed to be addressed. So once again, what exactly do the rules say on this subject? If the ruling lines up with the rulebook then there should be no problem. But if it doesn't, then why not? I know that the local officials do not have the authority to waive rules that the official little league has in place. They must go through the main office. That's why there is a rule book for guidance.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”