All State

Re: Eastern 8th Grade Girls defeat Trimble 90-17

Post by classof86 »

I actually dont think they pressed or trapped the entire game

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

90-17..........What are they trying to prove at this level?Say what you want,but a GOOD coach can handle this type of game.Were they crowned junior high state champs at the end of this game?How many scouts were in the house?Keep in mind,what goes around comes around.I hope the coach of this team gets whats coming to him/her......and that is a good old fashion a$$ beatin....They are just kids!

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

No press, no trap the entire game. Was smokin them after the first quarter. What would you suggest they do? Stand and hold the ball on offense and stay at the other end on defense? 8 girls on the team, all 8 played. Good group of girls, on and off the court.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I would start off with saying,walk the ball down the floor,then tell the girls you have to have 10 passes before each shot.At some point in the game they had to be pushing the ball up the floor to put 90 on the board in 6 minute quarters.I don't doubt that the girls are a good group,to put 90 up they would have to be.I think it would be the coaches character that is in question.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

They beat every team like this..Last year he slowed them down and only won boy 30-40 points, but you have to let them play. It's not just this game, it is unreal how much better they are than their competition, but if he doesn't let them play then he will only hurt his girls.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

My suggestion is to go out and find better competition. The team is not getting any better playing lesser competition, whether you win by 90 or 10. I give more props to the Trimble team for not leaving before the end of the game. I"m sure there are plenty of teams out there to compete against your team, if you want them to get better I suggest you pick up the phone and start calling some teams.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I believe it is the Athletic Director who schedules games, not the coach or the players

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

True, but a coach can suggest teams and the Athletic Director can talk to other schools. If the concern is getting the kids better and not running over inferior teams, then have the AD UP your schedule.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I agree..I'd say they didn't want to have to have jr. high kids traveling too far. I do feel sorry for the Trimble team but you can't fault Eastern for this.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

I am from Trimble and was at the game. I believe Eastern only had eight kids to were able to play and the coach played them all. I thought their(eastern's) coach did about all they could do. They didn't trap or press they whole night. I didn't think the eastern coaches or players did anything wrong at all. Trimble just has to get better, but Eastern was the best jr. high team I have ever seen. They were playing against alot of kids that have never played basketball before.

Now for the fans of Eastern girls. Your manner in the stands was horrible and very redneck. They were complaining about officiating and lane violation calls (that were correct calls) when they were up by 60 points. I realize this might very well be the best team Eastern girls have ever had and thats fine. Have some class when your on top. Karma is a deadly thing it always comes back to bite those in the A$$ who act like you people did the other night. Another thing is that I have seen the way they acted at a Junior High football game as well. Yelling and cussing at the coaches and players of both teams on the field. That is unacceptable and will create a bad environment for future games. Being from Trimble I can admit that we have our share of people who don't need an excuse to throw down and become belligerent. The classless actions by the fans depicted will lead to a bad situation in the future for both Eastern and Trimble. Your girls are very good, but they can get better. Personally, I would love to see a state championship from these girls in high school. (yes, they are that good) Make sure they don't get complacent and keep improving as a team. Fans get your act together and learn to be classy. Your goal should not be winning a 14 Jr. high games and a tourney at the end. You should be preparing for the likes of Berlin Highland. If you do not know who they are yet, you will when these girls make it to the regionals. Noone remembers in ten years how good your Jr. High teams were. They remember their high schools years and tournament appearances. Great job Eastern you have a great team, very sportsmanlike girls on the court. The fans in stands not so much.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

we talking the same Eastern team that lost to ND by 2 last month ?? MD

Riding the Bench

Good post Tcat. Sorry if we have a few fans that are classless, but I think every school has their share of those. It is a good group of girls and I hope they do go far in high school. I think the coach will make sure they don't get the big head. I have yet to hear any of them brag about the score and the coach doesn't let them get lazy just because they are ahead. Just wish the could play a few strong teams, but Eastern is a small school and I'm sure can't afford to let them travel very far.

Riding the Bench

MD - it is Reedsville Eastern

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Win by 73,and one of your players score 37!

COME ON MAN! :122246

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

you're just a trouble maker

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Maybe so,but simply stating the obvious.They may not have pressed or trapped, but I bet they were waiting at half court to apply ball pressure.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Well if your an 8th grade team you should be able to handle a little ball pressure

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”