Tournament Flyer.
http://www.rioredstorm.com/d/flyer.pdf

Very well ran tournament!

Registration deadline is MARCH 1st.

wireduc
Waterboy

Max your profits

Post by wireduc »

Is this the tourney that plays two games on one court? Whistles blow and play stops both games,balls cross onto other court CRAZY ,just to increase your profits!!! Just a thought, if you were to play two games across court and one end to end you could HERD more kids through thus more $$$$$$ NEVER AGAIN. To those who play good luck.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: Rio Grande Youth Basketball Tournament

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

This tournament is NOT affiliated with the Rio tournament that was held a few weeks ago, if that is what you are referring to.

If you are referring to playing multiple games on adjoining courts that is done in travel basketball on a normal basis. I'm been involved with AAU teams for several years and multi-court facilities is the norm. We played in a 6 court complex (adjoining courts) last weekend and will be playing in a 5 court complex (adjoining courts) this weekend.

wireduc
Waterboy

Ohsaa rules

Post by wireduc »

Do these facility's meet Ohsaa rule1 section1 or is this Wv.rules? Guess you are familiar with guidelines to PROTECT our little one right? This is not (ADJOINING COURTS)!!!. This is ONE COURT split in half with half court line being the out of bounds line for both. I hope (if you are defending this type of play)you would devote equal time to help ROLL child to his DR. Appointments the rest of his life. Helping to ease the parents burden. Image a child taking ball out of bounds and a fast break on other court and they collide, (neither player seeing the other) lying in pool of blood,brain matter seeping from their head. Did you bring child? Are parents their? Are you going to call and explain? What would you say? IT WASN'T ME? Is this the best we can do for our CHILDREN!!!! Would you hold another tourney to purchase the parents a handicap van? Could you live with this? I guess your previous post tells me!!!!
Last edited by wireduc on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

I'm not affiliated with this tournament, just to be clear.

But the tournaments that I'm referring to aren't Ohio High School Athletics Association sanctioned tournaments. So, I'm not sure the relevance there.

Hey, it is your choice to participate or not. I've participated in this tournament for the past 2 years and have nothing but good thing to say about it. Well ran, organized, competitive teams, nice facilities, one of the few tournaments that actually checks proof of grade for each participant, etc.

FYI - From what I understand, the "huge" profits from this tournament go to the Rio youth soccer program.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Wow....

Just a suggestion. The edit feature is to correct errors in your previous posts not to amend and expand on them in respond to posts that follow. That is what the reply feature is for.

Again, wow is all that I can say to your scenario above. That is just absurd. Based on your thought pattern above, I shouldn't even put my children in a vehicle to drive to, let along allow them play on the 84ft battle zone.

I'm done.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Well Tri-state, I have been I coaching AAU/GBA for 7 years. And have YET to see any accidents occur in this situation. So don't worry bout it, the biggest problem occurs when a whistle or horn sounds on the opposing court and players stop for a minute when they shouldn't. I have never seen kids collide from opposite courts, never seen a fast break interfered with due to taking the ball out of bounds. For those who have been at theses types of tournys you know there is no problem. And for someone to act like this is so outrageous is just an individual ho has no experience with the type of play. I have coached 4-8th grade and have never seen any issues. Keep it up whoever is putting on the tournament and ignore comments that ave no merit

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

You have a schedule for saturday games or a site I can go to

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Last year's tournament was a very well ran tournament and one of the best we attended of the year. This group of men who run this tournament are professionals and the kids have a great time. The competition is usually a bit higher than most local tournaments. Some officials are wonderful while some are not so great, but all are fair and call both ways as they should. As a whole I can only go on what I saw last year..I would highly recommend this tournament to any team that is serious about competing and having a good time.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”