Girls Jr high basketball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
softball24_7
Freshman Team

Girls Jr high basketball

Post by softball24_7 »

Are there any girls jr high bball scrimmages coming up?

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Re: Girls Jr high basketball

Post by purplegold »

Valley girls scrimmaged Notre Dame last night. Was impressed with 8th grade Notre Dame. Thought they played very good team basketball. The 5 they had on the court were very unselfish and they moved the ball around. I would assume that 90% of there points were assisted. Valley 8th grade looked like they will be fine. They have some good pieces. They just need some more practice time.

Valley 7th grade was very impressive. They overpowered the Notre DAme 7th grade in all areas. I look for them to not lose many games, if any at all. Very good group of girls.

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

I havent heard much about ND, but glad it sounds like they will have a decent group move up to HS next yr. I've heard a lot of good things about valley's 7th grade team, as well as the west 7th grade. Been a lot of "water cooler" talk about those 2 teams. NW went to Fairfield leesburg and hosted North Adam's last wk. Fairfield's 7th grade team is legit and would be a good contest for our top local 7th grade teams. Good ball movement, move without the ball well, and can shoot outside. Nw 7th struggled with their shot a bit, but played extremely tough on the defense side of the ball, especially as the night went on. 8th grade was all NW, they controlled the floor well on both sides of the ball. North Adam's numbers are a little down from years past, but I expect them to do what NA does, and that's improve tenfold as the yr goes on. Pretty decent 7th grade team with a lot of size, a few 7th graders will probably see a lot of playing time with the 8th grade. Nw 7th grade defense kept them on top the whole night, and the offense started to come around. Was definitely a different offensive team then what played the Fairfield game. Theyll be a team that will improve greatly as the season rolls on. Nw 8th controlled the tempo right out of the gate, good ball movement and they are really starting to see the floor well. Should be a good year for the 8th grade, just need more practice time to really tighten up on a few things.

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

purplegold wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:54 am

Valley 7th grade was very impressive. They overpowered the Notre DAme 7th grade in all areas. I look for them to not lose many games, if any at all. Very good group of girls.
Valley 7th grade is tough, probably one of the better 7th grades I've ever seen take the court. They will have a great season!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”