infected!!!!!

General Chat
lostcause
Freshman Team

infected!!!!!

Post by lostcause »

anyone else been infected by a virus. i seem to have a trojan.brivsta.
any help to get rid of it would be very nice!!!

my computer is very slow right now

Runner
SEO

Re: infected!!!!!

Post by Runner »

Download the newest version of Malwarebytes. It is highly recommended and it is FREE

http://malwarebytes.org/

Make sure when you do your first scan, you do the COMPLETE full system scan. After that in the future you can do the quick scan on a regular basis and the full scan 1-2 times a month.

Also make sure you keep it updated MANUALLY every day since it is the free version. The paid version has the automatic updates (thats the only difference)

Also you can run a free in depth scan that will remove unwanted items as well, by going to http://www.trendmicro.com and letting Housecall run the scan

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Stick with a OS of the UNIX architecture and you will not have to worry about viruses . :aaaaa21

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

i have AVG 8 and it found several Trojans their old version had missed
the trend micro is great also.. good luck

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Avg 8 here too

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

I had AVG8 Internet Security on another computer until a week ago when it started to locate LEGIT files and tried to remove them everytime I rebooted. Even putting those file in the exceptions did not stop it from wanting to get rid of the files. Ihave now read where others were having the same problems and AVG cannot figure out what the problem is. So I decided to go back with CA Internet Security.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hmmmm
Haven't had any problem with them yet

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Runner wrote:I had AVG8 Internet Security on another computer until a week ago when it started to locate LEGIT files and tried to remove them everytime I rebooted. Even putting those file in the exceptions did not stop it from wanting to get rid of the files. Ihave now read where others were having the same problems and AVG cannot figure out what the problem is. So I decided to go back with CA Internet Security.

I have never had that problem with it.. which windows do you have??

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Pcillion is really good as far as a paid antivirus and PC Tools Antivirus is a really good free one. I think the real issue is to watch what you download and turn your internet security settings to at least medium high. I have Vista and XP on different computers and you have to be careful and scan at least once a week if not more to make sure your antivirus is doing its job.

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

Runner wrote:I had AVG8 Internet Security on another computer until a week ago when it started to locate LEGIT files and tried to remove them everytime I rebooted. Even putting those file in the exceptions did not stop it from wanting to get rid of the files. Ihave now read where others were having the same problems and AVG cannot figure out what the problem is. So I decided to go back with CA Internet Security.

I had the same problem. When the computer got rebooted it found some of my gaming files that it wanted to delete along with a few files from other programs that I had installed. I have XP Home on mine.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:

I have never had that problem with it.. which windows do you have??

XP Media Center

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

I have the CA Internet Security too. My only beef with it is all the system resources it sucks out of my computer. Then again my computer isn't the best either.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Yeah...CA does use the resources if you are not set up with the right hardware. I have over 2 gigs of ram in mine and don't really notice it. I also do not use their firewall. I use Windows instead so that cuts down on the resource usage.

Return to “The Off season”