Urine test for welfare

General Chat
sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Re: Urine test for welfare

Post by sportsnut mom »

Boone-do you think its ok then for taxpaying citizens to support the habits of the welfare recipients? They have nothing but "their own time." I have known plenty of people who participated in an evening smoke and were productive people. But I know a lot of people who partake and don't accomplish any thing except make more problems for the public.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

First off, I don't believe welfare should give cash to anyone. whatever allotment they get should be either on a debit card for food or vouchers for whatever bills they are paying. no cash. Want cash.......work.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

I have seen food stamps in poker games in the past.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Drug test them

No money just a debit card.

Make them work for the state or county or city picking up trash on the highways. Cleaning up all the dead animals etc,etc.... It would be free labor in exchange for the welfare. 8hrs a day 5 days a week.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

No P. No C !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

GAHS7462 wrote:Drug test them

No money just a debit card.

Make them work for the state or county or city picking up trash on the highways. Cleaning up all the dead animals etc,etc.... It would be free labor in exchange for the welfare. 8hrs a day 5 days a week.

Sounds like a good idea - but the AFSCME labor union will attack and insult any elected [or prospective] government official who suggests or implements it because it will supposedly result in replacing "paid" union employees with "free" inmate labor thereby "eliminating" jobs.
There are a whole lot of "unintended consequences" here, and very few good, practical, productive, affordable solutions or ideas [most of which just get targeted for ridicule rather than actually discussed] anyway - so nothing changes!

Return to “The Off season”