TicketMaster!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

General Chat
Regulator
All Conference

TicketMaster!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Post by Regulator »

Okay, looking to buy "Taylor Swift" tickets for July 18 in Charleston for my daughter. General sales start at 10:00. I literally get on at 10:00 to purchase tickets and they tell me there are no more available. How does this happen? Does the general Public no longer have a chance to get tickets? I call ticketmaster and they say the same thing. :twisted: :evil: :122247

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: TicketMaster!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Regulator wrote:Okay, looking to buy "Taylor Swift" tickets for July 18 in Charleston for my daughter. General sales start at 10:00. I literally get on at 10:00 to purchase tickets and they tell me there are no more available. How does this happen? Does the general Public no longer have a chance to get tickets? I call ticketmaster and they say the same thing. :twisted: :evil: :122247

I know what you mean, You can't hardly get tickets to anything anymore unless you pay 2 to 3 times the face value through all of those Secondary Ticket Outlets. I think Ticketmaster must sell the majority of the tickets to all of these Secondary Ticket Outlets, it's amazing how many tickets they end up with for sell at outragious prices, I'm sure someone is getting kick backs from those sales. It's pretty sad anymore. :evil: :evil:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I had the same problem when I tried to get AC/DC tickets earlier this year for shows in Colombus and Cincy. They went on sale at 10:00 am and were sold out in minutes at both shows and then you could go on Ebay or StubHub and see tons of them on slae for double or triple the price. We ended up getting 2 $88 tickets for the Cincy show for $250. Someone needs to look into this because it is a ripoff and just a way for these ticket brokers to make a killing reselling tickets.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I was told by there manager that Ticketmaster releases so many tickets per day so if its sold out check back everyday and they may release some more. You have to get lucky and hit it just right. They do that to keep scalpers from getting them all.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

the best way to get a ticket for a show like that is join the official fan club, you usualy get to buy tickets before the general public and you are sure to get as many as you need

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

You all should try getting Midnight Madness tickets at UK, its insane, 24,000 tickets and the 12000 released online are gone when the time is exactly 7 AM. Then people resell the free tickets for a couple hundred dollars. I ended up getting some on Monday after they went on sale on Ticketmaster by pure chance when they posted more up. Got one in the second row.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

SWbaseballFan wrote:the best way to get a ticket for a show like that is join the official fan club, you usualy get to buy tickets before the general public and you are sure to get as many as you need

Depending on how good you want your seats to be then fanclubs are the way to go, but you don't as above "you are sure to get as many as you need" get this. Tickets sales are usually limited per show and often per household. The AC/DC fanclub pre-sale limited you to two tickets per tour per household, but by paying an extra $40.00 for the fanclub you got great seats from a section held out just for fanclub members. Well worth the price. Another way to get first dibs on concert pre-sales is to set up accounts with Ticketmaster and Live Nation and when you do ask for e-mail alerts. I get advance notices sent to my e-mail box of upcoming concerts, now they're sending me pre-sale codes without joining the fanclubs and I've been able to buy tickets up to five days before the public sales. It doesn't cost you anything to set up your account membership and when you do make a purchase then all you have to do is log in to their site and your info is already there. Makes ticket buying much smoother and a lot faster, so you even get the best pre-sales.
Fan club prices vary per group/artist. Most are usually around $40.00 and will often include a special fanclub gift for joining. With AC/DC, not only did we get great seats but we also got a fanclub gift package valued at around $25.00 in the deal.
We're attending the Fleetwood Mac concert on April 18th in Columbus and got excellent seats purchased through the pre-sale using the code they sent me through my Ticketmaster account. We checked into the fanclub for this one but they wanted $80.00 to join, decided not to, and were lucky enough not to need to anyway.
:12222
Just checked my e-mail and here's what I'm talking about, thought I'd share. I'm sure a few on here might be high school sports fans. ;-)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/6ggiqk

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

FIDO wrote:You were up at 0330? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, around 4:30, your times must not have changed. Yea, the cat that's now a beautician woke up ready to do my hair that early. :? He gets his eight hours because by 7 or 8 o'clock he's asleep, then when he wakes up at four in the morning he decides that we should be up. :12222

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Some good info here, no wonder I couldn't ever get tickets to anything.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Me 'n a friend of mine bought tickets through Ticketmaster about 8 years ago for a concert in Columbus. Back then, he got them, will call. When we got there, it was packed and we asked and they did NOT have our tickets. We called Ticketmaster and they told us that there was not a concert there that night. They then had the nerve to insist they were right..even though we were standing at the ticket booth in front of the place watching people stream in.

Luckily for us though, the really expensive seats weren't all sold. They sold us the very expensive, on the floor and up front for less than the cheap seats we had purchased..

Return to “The Off season”