SE

Re: What's for dinner/supper tonight? - RECIPES

Post by Tiger Lady »

Mom's burgers and fries................

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Had some more Reynoldsburg style Tomato soup.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Don't we wish! Too many weeds lol.The ones I left to grow in my back yard are a dried up mess,but I do have plenty of dandelions you can cook up trench,I hear they taste a lot like morels. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Don't we wish! Too many weeds lol.The ones I left to grow in my back yard are a dried up mess,but I do have plenty of dandelions you can cook up trench,I hear they taste a lot like morels. :lol:
That's where them big white ones like to hide, is down along low lands and in semi high vegetation along creeks and stuff. I Know where there's a big ole dead elm out of the vegetation you don't like we can go check. It's not down low though but not too high up on a hill. Ole SC#2 has been finding them like crazy Bolt. If you ever make up your mind, we will go. Get a baby sitter for a few hours. You talk vegetation but the longer you put it off the higher it's going to be. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll still leave it up to you though. I've done ask to go and mentioned it. :122248 If we get that rain Sunday and Monday it will be good for them and probably be the last shot at finding enough to fry up and eat. Ole KW was saying them big white ones is loving this quick heat snap. She's going she said sometime with JC. But no cool-aid is allowed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

That day you went out to JK'S you said you would call this week when you were ready, but I never heard from ya.AHHH we might as well forget it, we never find enough to make it worthwhile.Ole BCB said on his facebook page they were hard to find this year and not as many.The ones that came up in my yard were stunted and now they are a dried up mess with no more coming up.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:That day you went out to JK'S you said you would call this week when you were ready, but I never heard from ya.AHHH we might as well forget it, we never find enough to make it worthwhile.Ole BCB said on his facebook page they were hard to find this year and not as many.The ones that came up in my yard were stunted and now they are a dried up mess with no more coming up.
I did call ya, it went straight to the women. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She told me that stern Goodbye at the end. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ahhh, I haven't had much time to go anyways with keeping MJ's yard work and mine kept up too. Bout kilt me yesterday doing both yards in this above average May heat. Ole MJ's is a small south forty out there. :122249 Pure dehydrated when I got home. Cramped up all night every time I moved. Man it hurt. :( Chest pains too, kinda had a scary night Bolt. :122248

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Pork chops and fried potatoes.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Went to a friends house for dinner this evening. He fried up some small mouth bass that he caught.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thats funny you say that,Big D brought up some walleye and panfish he caught ice fishing last winter.I asked him where he got them and he said a place called Mosquito Creek Lake way up north somewhere. Some guys he worked with told him about it and he decided to give it a try and he said they were slaying them that day with their tip ups using minnows. They were really good to eat,I might have to go up there and get some myself if I can find out how to get there.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Thats funny you say that,Big D brought up some walleye and panfish he caught ice fishing last winter.I asked him where he got them and he said a place called Mosquito Creek Lake way up north somewhere. Some guys he worked with told him about it and he decided to give it a try and he said they were slaying them that day with their tip ups using minnows. They were really good to eat,I might have to go up there and get some myself if I can find out how to get there.
Sounds good. Heard it's some good fishing up there and many other things to do. Camping area, boat rentals the works. Give me a call sometime Bolt if ya go up there, I'll do some fishing with ya. Heard it's a pretty good sized lake.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Did you ever find out how to get to Mosquito Creek Lake, Bolt?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yes I got on Google Maps and it is in Cortland up above Youngstown,maybe our good buddy Paldi has been there a time or two :122249

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, I bet he has. I just looked at it too. Real pretty lake.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Mosquito has been my home lake for 40 years. The best walleye lake after Lake Erie in Ohio. Crappie is also outstanding. Lake is 11 miles long and I know the spots................lol

Return to “The Off season”