How forgiving are you?

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

How forgiving are you?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This topic comes out of a situation someone I use to know was in.
If your parents both sexually and mentally abused you and most of your brother and sisters and you turned them only to have your brothers and sisters say you were lying.
Could you forgive any or all of them? The brother and sisters all except for the two who were not abused ridiculed you and called you a liar and always stuck with the parents and they all left their children along with the parents.

The parents were found guilty but for only one day and against only one child.

If you forgave your parents would you leave your elementary age children alone with them?

The child who turned them in forgave the brothers and sisters and then later forgave the parents and she too left the kids alone with the rapist, a lot.

tigermama
Varsity

Re: How forgiving are you?

Post by tigermama »

I would never leave my children alone with a pedophile, regardless of who the pedophile is. That's horrible to put your child at such a risk like that.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

Regardless of relation, I would not leave my child alone with a convicted felon.

It's God's forgiveness, not mine! :122249

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Matthew 6:14-15 (New International Version)

14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. ;-)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:This topic comes out of a situation someone I use to know was in.
If your parents both sexually and mentally abused you and most of your brother and sisters and you turned them only to have your brothers and sisters say you were lying.
Could you forgive any or all of them? The brother and sisters all except for the two who were not abused ridiculed you and called you a liar and always stuck with the parents and they all left their children along with the parents.

The parents were found guilty but for only one day and against only one child.

If you forgave your parents would you leave your elementary age children alone with them?

The child who turned them in forgave the brothers and sisters and then later forgave the parents and she too left the kids alone with the rapist, a lot.

I think that it would be good for there own sake to forgive but that doesn't mean that they have to act like it didn't happen and be buddy buddy with them for it.

I do hope that this person is getting some help. Dealing with something like that .......WOW!

I'd say that to help in moving on there has to be some level of forgiveness. This person needs to understand that its not safe to leave her kids with this person.(AT ALL)
I couldn't leave my son alone with some one like that.
If some one did that to my boy weather it be man or woman I would kill them.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

wattsup wrote:I will even one up GAHS. If you leave your child with a person that you knew to be a molestor, and then your child is molested, you should be charged with child endangerment.

Right.

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

And when a church forgives, forgets and then enables?

http://www.westmorelandumc.com/staff.html

He is still there. Now and forever.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

My hate would keep me warm at night.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

wattsup wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:Matthew 6:14-15 (New International Version)

14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. ;-)

Sounds like some teachings of pedophile priests.

You can forgive them their sins but still have them punished for them, in my book.

Not even close....that is a New Testament teaching of Jesus. ;-)

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

^^^^^Exactly :!:

Return to “The Off season”