Anybody feel or hear a loud boom about 30 minutes ago?

General Chat
jottings
SEOPS H

Anybody feel or hear a loud boom about 30 minutes ago?

Post by jottings »

About 30 minutes ago, it felt like something hit the house. A loud boom followed. Anybody else hear or feel it?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Anybody feel or hear a loud boom about 30 minutes ago?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My 450 pound cousin just farted and it was loud. :lol:

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

WSAZ is reporting we had a 3.4 earthquake.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Here's the coverage. I never felt..or heard a thing myself but I live about 35 miles, as the crow flies, from it's center
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/43618537.html
GALLIA COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- The U.S. Geological Survey reports that a 3.4 magnitude earthquake hit in southeast Ohio Friday morning.

WSAZ.com has received dozens of breaking news reports via web, e-mail, and phone from people in and around Gallia and Jackson counties in Ohio who felt the quake.

According to the USGS Website, a 3.4 magnitude earthquake has been reported about five miles northwest of Oak Hill, Ohio. It appears to have centered between Oak Hill and Jackson. According to government officials, the earthquake centered about 3 miles underground.

The earthquake was first reported at 9:42 a.m. Friday.

Residents living in and around Gallia County have called to report they felt the ground shake, as well as some office and apartment buildings.

So far no damage has been reported.

A 3.4 magnitude earthquake is considered minor and often felt, but no serious damage is reported.

According to the USGS website, eight minor earthquakes have already been reported across the world as of 10:00 a.m. Friday.

Here is a map of the location of the quake:

johnny b good
Waterboy

Post by johnny b good »

Irontonian and I felt it here in Ironton and it shook the house a little. She knew right off the bat it was an earthquake being from California but I had no clue. The house only shook for about 3 to 5 seconds but I think that is because we are so far away from where the center was. Interesting experience for me anyhow.

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

johnny b good wrote:Irontonian and I felt it here in Ironton and it shook the house a little. She knew right off the bat it was an earthquake being from California but I had no clue. The house only shook for about 3 to 5 seconds but I think that is because we are so far away from where the center was. Interesting experience for me anyhow.

Yep, it was an obvious earthquake! It kinda makes me a little home sick for the "real" ones!!!!! :aaaaa22

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

kantuckyII wrote:Here's the coverage. I never felt..or heard a thing myself but I live about 35 miles, as the crow flies, from it's center
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/43618537.html
GALLIA COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- The U.S. Geological Survey reports that a 3.4 magnitude earthquake hit in southeast Ohio Friday morning.

WSAZ.com has received dozens of breaking news reports via web, e-mail, and phone from people in and around Gallia and Jackson counties in Ohio who felt the quake.

According to the USGS Website, a 3.4 magnitude earthquake has been reported about five miles northwest of Oak Hill, Ohio. It appears to have centered between Oak Hill and Jackson. According to government officials, the earthquake centered about 3 miles underground.

The earthquake was first reported at 9:42 a.m. Friday.

Residents living in and around Gallia County have called to report they felt the ground shake, as well as some office and apartment buildings.

So far no damage has been reported.

A 3.4 magnitude earthquake is considered minor and often felt, but no serious damage is reported.

According to the USGS website, eight minor earthquakes have already been reported across the world as of 10:00 a.m. Friday.
Here is a map of the location of the quake:

Hmmm, thats kinda strange!!!!!!!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

hmm is global warming the cause??? :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Its nothing to have quite a number of quakes reported around the world per day

Return to “The Off season”