Buying an extended warranty for your car.

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Buying an extended warranty for your car.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Usually, an extended warranty isn't worth the price. You can typically wait until just before your regular warranty expires before buying an extended warranty. If you've been having trouble with your car, you'll know by then if you need more protection.

Bassmaster
S

Re: Buying an extended warranty for your car.

Post by Bassmaster »

Save your money :!: It's one of the biggest ripoffs going. Car dealers make a lot of money selling these and I have heard of too many people that have had them and they would not cover a lot of their repairs.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I purchased an extended warranty on my lemon I mean my impala in July of 08 and so far I have had $4000.00 worth of repairs and paid $1200 of the warranty :122245 and it is going in this coming week for more repairs and must have!

We purchased it on our daughters used vehicle since she is going away to school I figured it was a must along with AAA which we already made our $$$ back on with one tow bill :122245

also my extended warranty was purchased at the dealership before the 36,000 was up and it was through GM as was my daughters...

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

one of the best investments that you can make. guarantees to protect you against increasing labor rates. labor rates will be at $100/hr in less than 2 years. there are dealers that can take advantage but a reputable dealer will make sure you are taken care of because it pretty much guarantees the dealer that they will get at least some of your warranty work. the problem with waiting until your vehicle has 30/40k miles is price and coverage. the more miles a vehicle has on it, the higher the price, and the coverage starts to go down. why do you think a car company puts a 36,000 mile warranty on a car? the reason, they know that after that point they will have to start paying claims. has anyone ever read their manufacterer's warranty booklet? check it out sometime. a manufacturer's warranty only covers defects in material and workmanship, not wear and tear. its spelled out in every warranty book from every manufacturer. a good extended warranty/service contract will cover wear and tear.

Return to “The Off season”