New York Congressman Blasts Michael Jackson

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

New York Congressman Blasts Michael Jackson

Post by kantuckyII »

Wow, wonder why he didn't tell us what he really thought? ;-) I have heard a lot of others complain about it too

New York Congressman Blasts Jackson as 'Pervert, Low-Life'
A New York congressman says Michael Jackson was a "pervert" and calls on society to stop "glorifying" the late entertainer in a YouTube video.

A New York congressman says Michael Jackson was a "pervert" and calls on society to stop "glorifying" the late entertainer in a YouTube video.

Rep. Peter King said Jackson -- whom he called a "low-life" -- is being glorified in the days after his death while society ignores the efforts, of teachers, police officers, firefighters and veterans. In the two-minute video, King claims the "day in and day out" coverage of Jackson's death is "too politically correct."

"Let's knock out the psychobabble," King said in the video taped outside an American Legion Hall on New York's Long Island. "He was a pervert, a child molester; he was a pedophile. And to be giving this much coverage to him, day in and day out, what does it say about us as a country? I just think we're too politically correct."

King, a Republican who is among the possible contenders for the seat held by Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, said Jackson "may have been a good singer" and "did some dancing," but blasted the singer as someone who could not be trusted around children.

In 2005, Jackson was acquitted of molesting a boy who spent time at his Neverland ranch and appeared with him in the 2003 British documentary, "Living With Michael Jackson." The entertainer had been accused of plying the boy with alcohol and groping him.

Earlier, in 1993, Jackson was accused of molesting a boy who often stayed at his home. The singer denied any wrongdoing, reached a settlement with the boy's family -- reported to be $20 million -- and criminal charges were never filed.

"There's nothing good to say about this guy," King continued. "But the bottom line is, would you let your child or grandchild be in the same room as Michael Jackson?"

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

85inside
S

Re: New York Congressman Blasts Michael Jackson

Post by 85inside »

Id say a 'retraction" or "apology" will be forthcoming.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Probably so..but, it's the world we live in today. You can't say the truth without it costing you dearly..then again, truth has always cost dearly.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Like he said, we're too politically correct.

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

Ok, I can't believe what I am about to say,but I agree with this guy 100%. Jackson was a pedophile pure and simple and like OJ Simpson got away with it because of money and fame. I am sick of the coverage of Jackson but the fact is if 1 channel ran stories about veterans, police, firefighters and others that are extremely worthy and the other channel ran Jackson coverage what channel do you think would have the most viewers. Ok 'nuff said I typed several different things about this and deleted them all because it crossed over into a political bent. As I said ,this congressman is dead on in his assessment.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

They talked to him again this morning on cnn and he didn't seem to change anything

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh.......good night! :roll:

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The Michael Jackson memorial service at the Staples Center on Tuesday will be a star-studded affair, with singers Mariah Carey, Usher and Stevie Wonder among the participants, according to an announcement released on behalf of the Jackson family.

Also participating in the event will be basketball stars Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson, and singers Jennifer Hudson, John Mayer and Smokey Robinson, the family said.

The Rev. Al Sharpton and Martin Luther King III will be among others taking part.

Ken Ehrlich, known for producing the Grammy Awards, is producing the memorial show, his company said. And Kenny Ortega, who was to have co-directed Jackson's series of concerts in London this summer, will direct it.

Fans without tickets to the memorial are being asked to stay away from downtown Los Angeles and watch the service on television.

Fans claim tickets

On Monday, fans chosen by random lottery for Jackson's funeral service began arriving at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles to pick up their tickets. Full story

Michael Jackson: The Memorial

On Tuesday, join CNN, HLN and CNN.com Live for all-day coverage as the world celebrates the life of a worldwide pop icon, and don't miss our prime time coverage starting at 8 p.m. ET.

see full schedule »

Los Angeles Police Capt. Bill Murphy said the distribution process was going smoothly.

One person tried to pass off a photocopied voucher; he was ejected, Murphy said.

The 8,750 fans have until 6 p.m. PT to claim their tickets. iReport.com: "Surreal journey" to get Jackson tickets

Each winner gets two tickets, bringing the number awarded in the lottery to 17,500.

Just 11,000 of those are for seats inside the Staples Center. The other 6,500 would be for viewing the memorial telecast at the adjacent Nokia Theater. AEG Live, the promoter of Michael Jackson's London shows, owns and operates both venues.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FIDO wrote:I don't care what anyone says, an innocent person isn't going to give away 20 plus million dollars to make a problem go away.

I wouldn't give a rats behind if he was drunk or dope head. But to idolize a freaking pedophile, molester, rapists, or whateve else you want to call it, is sickening.

Where there is smoke there is fire and there is enough smoke to...........

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I really teeter or whether he was a pedophile or maybe he was in reality - 'asexual' - as one person suggested.... and just really a strange person to boot. I go back and forth on those two thoughts. Fido does make a good point though, that a seriously large amount of money to kill an accusation..especially seeing how it was in the public's eye already!

I think though, the congressman's point is being lost in that..'what has MJ done to rate all the coverage and attention he is now getting?" As for some of the star studded crowd that is swooping in to celebr......I mean, mourn his passing...it's maybe a shame they didn't have more to do with him when he was alive. Maybe he wouldn't have been such a mess?

I do believe that Jackson was an absolute creative genius though. Something just wasn't wired in his brain like most people's

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are going to be there too...vultures?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Is anyone else suffering from MJ over kill?

The media just OVER does things like this, is there nothing else going on in the world so they have to harp on this?

Come really, he had some great songs, he survived several generations, but he has done nothing to deserve all this attention.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

kantuckyII wrote:Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are going to be there too...vultures?

As the late George Carlin so accurately labeled these two as "The Poverty Pimps".

They will exploit any situation to get their faces in front of the American public to sell themselves........

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

Steely Dan wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are going to be there too...vultures?

As the late George Carlin so accurately labeled these two as "The Poverty Pimps".

They will exploit any situation to get their faces in front of the American public to sell themselves........

So true, they never met a camera they didn't love

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ESPN can't even leave it alone. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Wow Kybucknuts! I'm in some kinda Twilight Zone or something? ;-)

Here's one lady asking why the attention garnered

Relatives of Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Decry Lack of Coverage Amid Jackson Spectacle

A day before New York Rep. Peter King called Michael Jackson a “pervert” unworthy of nonstop media coverage, the aunt of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan on the same day Jackson died asked why her nephew's death went virtually unnoticed while the King of Pop got memorial shrines across the country.

"Mr. Jackson received days of wall-to-wall coverage in the media," Martha Gillis wrote to the Washington Post. "Where was the coverage of my nephew or the other soldiers who died that week?"

Gillis' nephew, Lt. Brian Bradshaw, 24, died in Kheyl, Afganistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Bradshaw, of Steilacoom, Wash., was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division in Fort Richardson, Alaska. He was one of at least 13 U.S. soldiers to die in Afghanistan since Jackson's death on June 25.

Bradshaw's mother, Mary, said she agreed with Gillis, saying the nonstop coverage of Jackson's death has become "totally ridiculous" and laughable.

Read Rest Of Article Here

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Here's something that emphasizes this. Most don't know it...I didn't know it myself till I read the article

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- International troops in Afghanistan endured another deadly attack Tuesday, a day after 10 NATO-led troops were killed in that country.

A U.S. coalition service member "died as a result of injuries" on Tuesday afternoon in a roadside bombing attack on a convoy in western Afghanistan, the U.S. military said.

This follows 10 NATO-led deaths on Monday, the highest single-day total in Afghanistan in nearly a year, according to NATO and U.S.-led coalition numbers.

Seven Americans, two Canadians and one Briton died in four separate incidents Monday.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The whole thing is just a way for people to make money. I heard they were having a lottery for fans to come to the memorial? That's not humane at all. This guy was a human being and to try to make money off a guy's death is repulsive.
Now, I think Jackson was a deeply troubled individual - had been for quite some time. Do I think he touched kids? Without a doubt. OJ got away with murder, Jackson got away with touching kids. You have money/fame and you can get out of almost anything.
All that being said, his father had a great deal of responsibility in making this monster. Just as these people profitting from his death are vultures, Joe Jackson is a monster for what he put his kids through - and he made a lot of money off of it. "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil".

I choose to appreciate what Jackson did before he went off the deep end. People my age and younger can still appreciate his music. His choreography, especially the 'Moonwalk' is the stuff of legend; The 'Thriller' video/song is timeless and enjoyable for people from that generation and later; his stuff with the Jackson 5 could be enjoyed by older generations. The guy had a wide appeal to people of all ages and IMO it hasn't been matched since his hey-day.

Return to “The Off season”