Prayers for OzzieOhio's baby girl...

General Chat
OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Prayers for OzzieOhio's baby girl...

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Cag, I wondered the same thing when they told us they were taking her up here. They said no doctors would operate on a kid under 5 they were just to small.

Betty is still sore but she woke up making jokes and laughing, so shes getting better. Like dog said the white bloods cells are really high so they are treating them. They will test them on monday and if there ok she can go home.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Ozzie so glad to hear she is doing okay.. You all are still in my thoughts and prayers When it comes to Children's hospitals they are top notch!!!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:--------- boo, if thats a 4.2 pounder you gotta huge paw, well actually u do.

Guess I need to call Mr. Cabela's and ask him why he sold me a bogus digital scales.... and yes, some of the rest of us do have hands like grown men. :roll: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Glad to hear she's doing okay Oz. I hope she gets to come home soon.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ozzie - so glad to read that your little one is getting better and stronger with each day in C'bus ... as has been posted by others - it's soooooooo stressful when your child has a medical issue, as a parent the first thought is" just let it be me lord, I can take it" ... a helpless feeling as a parent ... those little "peoples" heal fast and seem no worse for wear LOL ... take care of her - our thoughts are with you/her here in the Land of the Purple ...

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Praying for great results on your little one's tests tomorrow Ozz. I know you'll be glad to get her home. Hang in there.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

FIDO wrote:I wouldn't allow my dog to have surgery in that place in Portsmouth. Their reputation and those of their surgeons precedes themselves and I don't give a rats arse how many awards they may have won.

As an RN employed at Lawrence Co/River Valley hospital in Ironton for many years I heard that "don't take your sick dog there" song sung over and over. But when those people actually needed our facility, they sure changed their tune and then demanded special/preferential treatment from us.
In a smaller/home town facility you have a greater chance of really "knowing" your physician, and developing a trusting relationship. In this case, there was apparently a Dr. smart enough to know that transfer to a bigger facility was a better choice for a little kid with a seriously hot belly.
Yes, the BIG med centers have more experience and technology which you might well need, but you'll always be just a stranger there. I acknowledge their services, value, and expertise. But please don't just routinely insult, belittle, and ridicule your local hospital - we little folks also provide good care.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Fido did not bring into the thread the question of any facilities quality of care or why anyone would choose one over the other...you did, caglewis. Bottom line is the thread is about prayers for a little girl...who questions any choice made in the matter in the first place...??? That is a parents "personal" decision along with the advice of their physician's, and it seems the right choice was made. Thank God Ozzie's daughter is ok and I'm praying that her test results come back on a positive note today and they can bring their baby home. This thread should not have had any questioning or negative connotation attached to it but stick to comments of concern and prayer and rejoice as she mends.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Oz, praying for the family.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

caglewis wrote:As an RN employed at Lawrence Co/River Valley hospital in Ironton for many years .

I always wondered why they shut that place down..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding Cag. :)

I just talked to Oz on the phone and he is on his way to Cols. to pick up Betty and bring her home.
Apparently she is doing fine.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Betty is home and doing great, still a little cranky, but thats to be expected....

Im sure she will be up and about and being her ornery self before long :mrgreen:

I know my grandson is ready for her to come down and get in the pool with him 8) :razz:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Great to hear!! But please keep her healing incision out of a pool for just a while longer.
I'm so glad she has recovered enough to come home relatively quickly. My brother-in-law suffered many complications from his ruptured appendix, required a second surgery, and was hospitalized for several weeks.
A simple "appendectomy" is relatively minor surgery - once it progresses to "ruptured" it instantly becomes a major life-threatening problem and far more complicated. My continued best wishes to all of you.
Last edited by caglewis on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

No baths or swimming for two weeks :mad: :mad: But shes doing fine and shes home now. :lol: :lol:

Thanks to you all for your prayers.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Glad to here everything is okay!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I'm sure the bath part didn't hurt her feelings much but the swimming i am sure she is mad about :twisted: she is such a cute little girl :122245
God was looking out for her..

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

She can take a shower as long as we dont let the water hit the area they cut directly. Someone was talking to my wife today and ask about the fair next week and My wife said we may not get to go because Betty wouldnt be healed enough and she jumped up and started dancing.. and said ill be good by monday mom. :lol: :lol: :lol: I can tell she will be sore for a while.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

now thats the betty i know.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

good deal

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:She can take a shower as long as we dont let the water hit the area they cut directly. Someone was talking to my wife today and ask about the fair next week and My wife said we may not get to go because Betty wouldnt be healed enough and she jumped up and started dancing.. :lol: :lol: :lol: I can tell she will be sore for a while.

I didn't know your wife could dance....and I bet she'll be sore for awhile dancing around at her age :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Sounds like Betty is about back to form.... :-D

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Betty is back in Columbus today, she was been running a fever for a ouple days,and they are afraid infection may have set up inside her,,,, :122247

I will post anything as I hear it today.

Return to “The Off season”