AEP would like you to help the disadvantaged pay their bill

General Chat
oldcoachb
JV Team

AEP would like you to help the disadvantaged pay their bill

Post by oldcoachb »

Has this been on there awhile, or did I just notice it as I wrote a check for mine. I'm not against helping people, but they just took nine hundred in federal taxes out of my last check. I make good money, but i'm far from rich. Where does it end? I paid for my kids braces, the guy down the street gets his kids free. I buy her school clothes, he get vouchers. I pay to heat my home, he gets heat assistance. I buy groceries, he gets food stamps. Then had the nerve to tell me he couldn't do what I do, couldn't leave his family for a week at a time. I don't want to turn this into a political thread, but where does it end? I'm sick of gimme programs, and people with their hand out. My sister and I helped my mom and dad as they got older and needed things they couldn't afford. Why have a bunch of kids if you can't support them. Wow people, try working for a living, and quit ruining my life!

swbaseballfan
All State

Re: AEP would like you to help the disadvantaged pay their bill

Post by swbaseballfan »

good lord, i wish i made 900 on a paycheck, let alone pay that much out in taxes from a single check.....but i feel your pain, i work for a living and get sick of seeing people get so many handouts that dont deserve it

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

SWbaseballFan wrote:good lord, i wish i made 900 on a paycheck, let alone pay that much out in taxes from a single check....

Didn't you notice his avatar? He's in prison and only gets paid once a year. :122246 :)

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

sad.........yea, helping people is bad............dirty old people.........should be out sweepin' the streets........that was what this country was built on, helping people................ :12224

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

oldcoachb wrote:Has this been on there awhile, or did I just notice it as I wrote a check for mine. I'm not against helping people, but they just took nine hundred in federal taxes out of my last check. I make good money, but i'm far from rich. Where does it end? I paid for my kids braces, the guy down the street gets his kids free. I buy her school clothes, he get vouchers. I pay to heat my home, he gets heat assistance. I buy groceries, he gets food stamps. Then had the nerve to tell me he couldn't do what I do, couldn't leave his family for a week at a time. I don't want to turn this into a political thread, but where does it end? I'm sick of gimme programs, and people with their hand out. My sister and I helped my mom and dad as they got older and needed things they couldn't afford. Why have a bunch of kids if you can't support them. Wow people, try working for a living, and quit ruining my life!

Yea, until you need help and then by god you earned it!!!!!!
We help people because they need it. It's the right thing to do!! I can understand your frustration, some people spend there lives living off of other people, but that doesn't mean everyone who needs a hand up does. :122245 :122245 JMO

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

abuck76 wrote:sad.........yea, helping people is bad............dirty old people.........should be out sweepin' the streets........that was what this country was built on, helping people................ :12224

My electric bill was $127.57 this month. If you'd like to send me a little check I'd appreciate it. :122245

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Old people.you know those people..........Remember the help you don't give when you become old...........spin it............. :12224

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

I paid 211.00 this month. If it went to people that were disabled it would be one thing, but how do you know it's not going to the local drug dealer?

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

abuck76 wrote:Old people.you know those people..........Remember the help you don't give when you become old...........spin it............. :12224

here we go with the social society stuff, take from the doers and give to the doless

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

oldcoachb wrote:I paid 211.00 this month. If it went to people that were disabled it would be one thing, but how do you know it's not going to the local drug dealer?

I'll trade you bills mine is 270 where is it on the bill?? just looked at mine and didn't see where it stated that...

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:
oldcoachb wrote:I paid 211.00 this month. If it went to people that were disabled it would be one thing, but how do you know it's not going to the local drug dealer?

I'll trade you bills mine is 270 where is it on the bill?? just looked at mine and didn't see where it stated that...

It was up around the top where you enter amount paid. Just above Make check payable and send to:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

How do we know your not a drug dealer??
answer: We don't!!!!!!

How do you know that the guy you helped stranded on the side of the road wasn't a rapist?
We don't know and we will never know but we keep helping because there are people out there who really need it.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Orange and Brown wrote:

How do you know that the guy you helped stranded on the side of the road wasn't a rapist?
We don't know and we will never know but we keep helping because there are people out there who really need it.

Are you going to donate?

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

With all the abuse going on people just don't trust the system enough anymore to just blindly send money to most organizations, especially the government.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Just wait till that tax cap is in place! eeeeeeeeeeeeee gads!

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

abuck76 wrote:sad.........yea, helping people is bad............dirty old people.........should be out sweepin' the streets........that was what this country was built on, helping people................ :12224

It was built on religious fredom but you don't want to go there, spin :122249

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

oldcoachb wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Are you going to donate?

I donate a lot of my time and money to help where and when I can. I have been in a position where I couldn't rub to pennies together and I had good people who helped me out along the way, so now whenever I get the chance I pay it forward!!

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

And how do you know it is.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

surely people dont believe there are not people who cheat the system...fake being disabled or whatever. the bad thing is it is hard to filer the bad from the good. i still say it comes down to we need drug testing for peope who draw benefits of ANY KIND

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

FIDO wrote:Absolutely when need to make everyone who draws a dime from the taxpayers to be subjected to random urinalysis. If it is good for the military it should be good for the teachers, professors, doctors, firefighters, policeman, welfare recipients, SSI recipients, etc....

I'll go along with that.

Return to “The Off season”