HOW DID YOU COME ABOUT YOUR USERNAME ON HERE.

General Chat
Dundas
SEOPS

Re: HOW DID YOU COME ABOUT YOUR USERNAME ON HERE.

Post by Dundas »

Space Cowboy wrote:When I was in the Army, we were getting ready to insert some spec-ops teams out in the boonies. The helicopter I was on was flying cover. So, as Im gettin strapped in behind this nasty lookin Dillon Aero mini-gun prototype, this pilot walked up, smiled, and said that, with the wild painted up face sheild that I had on my flight helmet, I looked like something out of Star Wars and he started calling me Space Cowboy. The nickname stuck.
As far as my location, I graduated in the 70s, went in the Army in the 70s. My personal experience, it was a wonderful decade for the most part.
Listening to the "winds of Thor" is alluding to a verse from a Led Zepplin song that was a clue to being in Vinton County (Vikings).

I have always wondered that SC!!! haha

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

My first name being Phyllis, and my Grandpa always called me Philly..so it stuck!!

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS AND I AM A MAN SO........

PS. Did I mention that I bleed Orange & Black?

Go Big I!!!!

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

I was a meat cutter for 48 years with Kroger's.The 108 is my street address.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cool stuff, i like it, especially space cowboy's.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

IronTigerMum wrote:The mom of two of Ironton's former Fighting Tigers, but, had to change mom to mum when I picked a username because my first date with Mr. Mum was Homecoming our junior year. I've had a mum every year since...will be my 35th he gives me this coming season.

That is so sweet!!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Just picked it! LOL

Then I quickly realized that I stole it From O-N-B-365 without knowing it.

Thats okay she forgave me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

^^^^^^^ :aaaaa59 mine well because I live less than a mile from the land of orange and brown 365 days a year... :122249

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

In the movie Point Break, Agent Johnny Utah was a former Ohio State quarterback. So being a Buckeye fan for 50 years, it was an easy choice.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

I took the first letter of my grandchildren's first name from the oldest to the youngest and came up with a_c_m. As of April 1st, I have a new grandson. His name begins with D, so I might add the D at some point.

Interesting post!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this is neat.

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

Mine isn't nearly as interesting as Space Cowboy's. I'm a big music fan, all sorts, from classic rock, heavy metal, country, bluegrass, blues, classical, etc. I also get a kick out of obscure one hit wonders stuff from the 80's. Der Kommissar was the only hit song by a one hit band, After the Fire. Radio stations played this God awful song into the ground in the mid-80's, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. So that's where my uninspired user name comes from.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Der_Kommissar1968 wrote:Mine isn't nearly as interesting as Space Cowboy's. I'm a big music fan, all sorts, from classic rock, heavy metal, country, bluegrass, blues, classical, etc. I also get a kick out of obscure one hit wonders stuff from the 80's. Der Kommissar was the only hit song by a one hit band, After the Fire. Radio stations played this God awful song into the ground in the mid-80's, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. So that's where my uninspired user name comes from.

I always had a feeling that was were your name came from but I was never sure.

Don't turn around, uh-oh
Der Kommissar's in town, uh-oh
And if he talks to you
And you don't know why
You say your life
Is gonna make you die

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I was refereeing a high school football game and during a quiet moment heard a Portsmouth fan yell at me, "What are you f@#$%^& blind white hat? Thought it was appropriate.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:I was refereeing a high school football game and during a quiet moment heard a Portsmouth fan yell at me, "What are you f@#$%^& blind white hat? Thought it was appropriate.

:oops: :oops:

who was we playing?

if you dont remember,I can tell you :mrgreen:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

It was at GAHS and I thought that was you. ;-)

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

i live on pleasant street in ironton

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

My name is Dick and i'm a big guy. Thats where the BigD comes from. I played for The Tigers and live in Ironton. Thats where tigertown comes from. My old buddy deceased buddy JD Coffman football number was 77 and mine was 75. Thats where the 775 comes from. :122249

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good stuff dinger, brings a tear to my eye. i'll never forget hearing that on the radio. i was driving home from argilitte, ky. had just sold a big insurance policy. had just passed greenbo lake, was listening to the dawg, and they were talking about marshall's upcoming game when this news broke. i pulled over and balled like a baby. great tribute to a friend.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Tiger because I played for the Tigers. Cannon rhymes with my last name and the 71 was my number through high school and College.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, let's get the reason out of the way first. Pretty simple, one of my all-time favorite bands, period.

First, my actual name is not Dan, has nothing to do with my choice period. I've been questioned a number of times about that........

Two, do I understand where the name "Steely Dan" was derived? Oh yes, I knew the story before I even used it. Donald Fagen and Walter Becker are two extremely intelligent people, and as a kid, I figured there was a story behind the name.

Yes, William S. Burroughs "Naked Lunch" is the source of the group's name, and there has been plenty said about this story, especially for the time in which it was published.

If I was really a Burroughs fan, my location would be much different, and most likely, highly offensive, than my silly Pete Puma, Bugs Bunny schtick that I still love.

For all my friends who don't understand my location, Youtube, Bugs Bunny's "Rabbit's Kin", and enjoy. One of the best Warner Brothers cartoons, ever!

And being a music fan, I called out Space Cowboy a long time ago on his location. I hope he remembers, as I thought it was brilliant. And for the music aficianados, the Zepplin song with this verse is "No Quarter".

Just watch "The Song Remains the Same" and enjoy the visual interpretation. It is something else!!!!!!

Return to “The Off season”