Cilck it or ticket? Are they lying to you again?

General Chat
vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Cilck it or ticket? Are they lying to you again?

Post by vids4ckcrash »

Listening to McConnel on WLW yesterday, there has been much discussion on this new promo.

I am not raising the question of should you use your seatbelt but the present promotion and their usage of improper verbage to make it sound good.

According to the discussions on WLW yesterday, law enforcement can not legally stop you for the lone infraction of not using your seatbelt. They can come up with some other fictitious reason to stop you, but not just for your lack of using your seatbelt. But hey, our law enforcement would not lie. Or would they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_It_or_Ticket#Ohio

Ohio
Ohio Revised Code 4513.263

(D) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, no law enforcement officer shall cause an operator of an automobile being operated on any street or highway to stop the automobile for the sole purpose of determining whether a violation of division (B) of this section has been or is being committed or for the sole purpose of issuing a ticket, citation, or summons for a violation of that nature or causing the arrest of or commencing a prosecution of a person for a violation of that nature, and no law enforcement officer shall view the interior or visually inspect any automobile being operated on any street or highway for the sole purpose of determining whether a violation of that nature has been or is being committed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Cilck it or ticket? Are they lying to you again?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

vids , i wonder something. i have a dr's excuse not to wear a seat belt. because of the multiple compression fractures in my back. i've been told by 2 different ortopedic surgeons, i'd be better off taking my chances with the airbag. i've never been pulled over for this , but have wondered if it would stand up in court.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

YTB, sound to me like they not only can't pull you over for that but aren't even supposed to look to see if you have it on or not. So if a cop comes to the window and says "I noticed you weren't wearing your seatbelt" as his initial response, I think any descent attorney could get you out of a ticket in that instance as well.

You should be fine with a dr excuse but bottom line is if you aren't doing anything else wrong then you shouldn't get pulled over or give them the opportunity to ticket you at all.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i had a 22 pound block fall 77 feet in 1984 at armco steel, and hit the top of my hardhat. it really fubared my back. 2 ortho surgeons have said no belt. was unaware you could not be pulled over for not having one on. thanks.

Return to “The Off season”