Most Americans support Arizona immigration law

General Chat
Boonedawg
S

Re: Most Americans support Arizona immigration law

Post by Boonedawg »

The way I see it these peoples first step into this country was breaking the law....while some whine that these folks all do the crap jobs nobody wants to do out one side of their mouth and then whine about low wages for Americans at the entry level.....hhhmmmmmm.

While I agree that folks hiring illegals should be severely punished. How about punishing those that come here knowing they are breaking our law. Funny the fed doesn't enforce the it's own laws but the second a state that has been overran by foreign invaders tries to stem the tide THEY are the bad guy......It's laughable.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA2kgUFrtmI[/youtube]

In my state alone 40% of all felony warrants are for illegals.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Paladin brings up the issue of busy cops....well, if someone had not ordered construction of that fence on the border to stop, this would have greatly slowed the rate of drugs coming into this country which...is no doubt the biggest cause of crime in our nation. It's just a matter of time too till some terrorist make their way across the border as well to do some serious stuff here...that's..if they can survive themselves

toast
All State

Post by toast »

As Paladin stated, coming down hard on those that hire the illegals would be the best approach. If the jobs aren't here they won't come.

The same poll that stated most Americans support the Arizona law also found most Americans support a path to citizenship. That seems to be the common sense approach.

People break the law in this country all the time and are given warnings, fines or suspended sentences. Many of these people surely come from dire circumstances and conditions. They would make good citizens and contributes to our country in many positive ways. If anyone deserves a break it's these folks.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

We need to spread the blame around on our porous Borders, both North and South. We haven't had any one of our Leaders over the years to push for enforcing the laws that are already written. Most of us do not live in Arizona, so how do we know what is best for them. I support their new Law. Is it the answer to everything? No. We need to enforce and protect our Borders from all directions. The Southern Border is getting all the press right now, but our Northern Border could be just as bad. The press can be fickled at times to say the least. Some write things to just sell Papers and magazines. Whew what a mess we have on our hands!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Yesterday in Mexico in a town just across the border. A Mayor was shot execution style in front of his family. He had been asking his government for help against the drug cartel who was wanted to use the town for easy access to the US.

This type of useless violence is a big reason why Arizona is trying to do something because our Federal Government is not protecting our citizens. Where authorities put their lives on the line everyday to serve and protect.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Legalize drugs like pot and cocaine and you kill the drug trade. Imprision anyone who knowingly hires an illegal worker and you stop the flow of migrant workers, no jobs, no reason to come. Then sit back, get high and watch the crops rot in the fields.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

rockyraccoon wrote:Legalize drugs like pot and cocaine and you kill the drug trade. Imprision anyone who knowingly hires an illegal worker and you stop the flow of migrant workers, no jobs, no reason to come. Then sit back, get high and watch the crops rot in the fields.

The crops wouldn't rot....you will just get kids back working instead of laying on their backsides all day. Either that or the un willing to work will starve and you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

WHY Did 'that man' stop that fence from being built and why..is 'that man' holding this state hostage? It's all fun n' games until one of your children or grandchildren are strung out on this dope or someone sticks a knife in you or your spouse to steal their money to pay for it

Mexican drug cartels have set up shop on American soil, maintaining lookout bases in strategic locations in the hills of southern Arizona from which their scouts can monitor every move made by law enforcement officials, federal agents tell Fox News.

The scouts are supplied by drivers who bring them food, water, batteries for radios -- all the items they need to stay in the wilderness for a long time.

To say that this area is out of control is an understatement," said an agent who patrols the area and asked not to be named. "We (federal border agents), as well as the Pima County Sheriff Office and the Bureau of Land Management, can attest to that.”

Much of the drug traffic originates in the Menagers Dam area, the Vekol Valley, Stanfield and around the Tohono O’odham Indian Reservation. It even follows a natural gas pipeline that runs from Mexico into Arizona.

In these areas, which are south and west of Tucson, sources said there are “cartel scouts galore” watching the movements of federal, state and local law enforcement, from the border all the way up to Interstate 8.

“Every night we’re getting beaten like a pinata at a birthday party by drug, alien smugglers," a second federal agent told Fox News by e-mail. "The danger is out there, with all the weapons being found coming northbound…. someone needs to know about this!”

Read Rest Here

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

This is the way they do business in Mexico. Now, you have to ask yourself, as an American, are you willing to allow this to go on here in this country as well?!!

Here's AN Eye Opener if there ever was one!
By Nick Valencia - Reprinted from CNN

In the first public incident of its kind, cartels are making direct death threats to U.S. law enforcement officials in Nogales, Arizona, the police chief there told CNN Monday.

Speculation about death threats by cartels towards U.S. law enforcement has been widespread for some time, but this is the first time U.S. officials along the border confirmed a case.

The threats began less than two weeks ago, after off-duty police officers from the Nogales police department seized several hundred pounds of marijuana from a drug smuggling operation they stumbled upon while horseback riding in the eastern fringes of Nogales, the chief said.

The smugglers in the incident managed to flee into Mexico before they could be detained, Nogales Police Chief Jeffrey Kirkham told CNN.

"We are taking the threats very seriously," Kirkham told CNN. "We have received information from informants who work in Mexico that the drug cartel running that operation was unhappy about our seizure. They told our informant that they understand uniformed police officers have a job to do, but anyone out of uniform who gets involved in their operation will be targeted."

Read the balance of the article HERE

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I agree totally with not hiring illegals. We need to come together on this as a nation and see it for what it is. Don't let them work here, if discovered don't let them stay here, and more improtantly each time they are discovered move them further away from the border without a choice of placement. As far as the drug issue is concerned, the gov't could make a fortune on legalized marijuana and from experience alcohol causes many more problems both short and long term than marijuana and also much more crime related activity is initiated by alcohol. That doesn't mean let it through the border though and illegals caught bringing drugs in should be used to send a statement like other countries do, beheadings, death by firing squad or swordsman. It really would slow down greatly also if the American public was allowed to fight back without consequence from our own.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

The government can't make money on marijuna, that is why it is still illegal, although I agree it should be legal, but the money issue is why it is not. With legalization one would be able to grow enough for personal use and since we all know it is called weed because it is a weed and grows like a weed, most users would simply grow their own. Put a seed in the ground, water it, pick the buds and leaves, dry them, roll them or stick them in a pipe and smoke them. There is zero processing or materials needed. It couldn't be any simpler, so the making of beer and wine analogy don't fit this scenario.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

THIS KIND OF SUMS UP THE WAY I FEEL OUR COUNTRY HAS LOOKED AT THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS POURING THROUGH ALL OUR BORDERS. THIS IS HOW WE TREAT ILLEGALS, COMPARED TO HOW THEY ARE RECEIVED IN OTHER COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. IF READING THIS DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANGRY, EITHER YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, OR YOU ARE ONE OF THE ILLEGAL ALIENS IN OUR COUNRTY ALREADY. :oops:

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT... :?:

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12
YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY ANDYOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET
• A JOB ,
• A DRIVERS LICENSE,
• SOCIAL SECURITY CARD ,
• WELFARE,
• FOOD STAMPS,
• CREDIT CARDS,
• SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
• FREE EDUCATION,
• FREE HEALTH CARE ,
• A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
•
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE, THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRYS FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DONT GET ENOUGH RESPECT, AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN EVEN VOTE :oops: :oops:

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION. I THOUGHT SO…… :evil: ……THIS IS WRONG !!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

The True Meaning of Miniorities

We need to show more sympathy for these people.
* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day ~ every day.
I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans, or Aliens, I'm talking about our troops! Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops, and are even threatening to defund them?

God Look After Our Soldiers, No Matter Where They May Be

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

1974Viking wrote:THIS KIND OF SUMS UP THE WAY I FEEL OUR COUNTRY HAS LOOKED AT THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS POURING THROUGH ALL OUR BORDERS. THIS IS HOW WE TREAT ILLEGALS, COMPARED TO HOW THEY ARE RECEIVED IN OTHER COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. IF READING THIS DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANGRY, EITHER YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, OR YOU ARE ONE OF THE ILLEGAL ALIENS IN OUR COUNRTY ALREADY. :oops:

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT... :?:

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12
YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY ANDYOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET
• A JOB ,
• A DRIVERS LICENSE,
• SOCIAL SECURITY CARD ,
• WELFARE,
• FOOD STAMPS,
• CREDIT CARDS,
• SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
• FREE EDUCATION,
• FREE HEALTH CARE ,
• A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
•
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE, THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRYS FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DONT GET ENOUGH RESPECT, AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN EVEN VOTE :oops: :oops:

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION. I THOUGHT SO…… :evil: ……THIS IS WRONG !!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

So I want to get this right. You want us to aspire to become a third world dictatorship instead of an example of how people should be treated.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

gahs4ever wrote:A funny thing happened on the way to legalizing marijuana (which brian dead people will probably prevail in seeing happen).

Many of the early settlers in colonial America were tobacco growers and tobacco usage was common and seen as almost a rite of passage for adults since before they settled here. It has only been in my lifetime that enough data has been accumulated and processed to the extent that the surgeon general has determined that using tobacco _____________________ (fill in the blanks because the warning on the cigarette packs has changed and become more severe over time).

At the same time, the tobacco lobby is one of the most powerful and influential in Washington, creating a conflict of interest for lawmakers because they must now be concerned with the effects of tobacco on the human body while at the same time the government collects mucho denaro in the form of a "sin tax" on tobacco products.

What's a legislator to do? And even if he does nothing, the medical profession profits and increased benefits are paid by health insurers who in turn raise premiums paid by employers and the very people who are insured. A slippery slope to say the least.

Now we (not me) want marijuana legalized which will compound the health issues, not to mention the probability of dependency on it leading to other, harder, more additive and lethal forms of drug abuse. And I believe there is increasing pressure being brought to bear to do this very thing.

The same thing is true of the alcohol industry (another sin tax) which is taxed by the government who legalizes the sales and usage, and then puts their collective heads in the sand at the corresponding medical problems and deaths which accompanies their moronic decisions. But hey....we make gazillions in the form of fines paid to the court system, who in turn puts these same people back on the roads over and over again.

And some wonder why the country is going to Hell in a handbasket. Tip of the iceberg!

This is off the original subject, but the marijuana issue just plain and simple comes down to the ease of growing it and therefore no money can be made. (BTW, I am not a user) The rest of the stuff they give as excuses is BS. It is not as bad as alcohol, you can't oversmoke it and die,like alcohol. It is not as bad as cigarettes since you don't smoke it all day long, pack after pack. It doesn't lead to harder drugs any more than drinking a beer leads to drinking moonshine. Actually the drug test policy that was pushed thru in the 1980's is part of the reason for the explosion in cocaine use. Pot stays in your system 30 days, cocaine about 2 or 3, so the coke industry was all for drug testing. I think if people had the choice to smoke legally or do a harder drug illegally, they would probably be happy with the pot.
Millions of americans smoke it every day or at least every week and function fine in society, from the ditch digger to the top CEO's, even a few presidents. Some of the hardest working guys I know smoked pot and functioned fine the next day, as for me, I tried it and always ended up sitting on the couch watching the three stooges.
It is slowly being legalized state by state for medicinal use and will be prescibed by doctors for all sorts of ailments. It has to be better than the current drug wave going thru our area. Until oxy and the other pills being pushed by the AMA, did you ever see "Pot Whores" walking the streets in broad daylight. (even the crack whores waited until it got dark). So, it is hard to take the anti-marijuana movement seriously when you see 20 year old girls walking the street to get their next pill fix.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION. I THOUGHT SO…… :evil: ……THIS IS WRONG !!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]
So I want to get this right. You want us to aspire to become a third world dictatorship instead of an example of how people should be treated.[/quote]

Dragon Coach. I was just trying to show some examples of how people from other Nations handle the Illegal Aliens entering their Country.

One hears a lot of complaining about how the illegals are handled by the United States. Once they get in, they take advantage of all the benefits that we pay a huge amount of taxes to pay for. If any Aliens come to our nation and go through the proper processing procedures, I do not have a problem with them at all. They are more than welcome. I mean the ones that come here and take advantage of the American Citizens and their benefits.

I don't think that this makes us a Dictatorship as you asked me about. You have a very interesting question. It is one that all Americans should stop and think about. Thanks Coach for chatting with me on this subject. Is my way the only way? No, but the United States needs to do something about this problem with all of our borders, East, West, North, and South. We need a plan . This plan needs to be in place sooner, than later. have a great day Coach......74 Viking

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

Viking I agree we have a problem but as I have said before,in my opinion,it is a 2 pronged solution. as some have said on here enforce laws already in the books. But also HAMMER and I do mean hammer any American company,large or small,that exploits these illegals. If there were no jobs available for illegal immigrants then the flow would slow down dramatically. Then when someone was found to be illegal it would be a good bet they are drug dealers or potential terrorists. I want my country,the country I served, to be looked upon as a leader in the way we treat others. Not in the same light as those countrys you mentioned. And Viking,you do have a point I was just pointing out what I perceived as a flaw. You are a very courteous poster. And I always believe there is more than one side to a problem.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, here you go...can you believe it?!

The XXXXX administration has been holding behind-the-scenes talks to determine whether the Department of Homeland Security can unilaterally grant legal status on a mass basis to illegal immigrants, a former XXXX administration official who spoke with at least three people involved in those talks told XXXNews.com.

The issue was raised publicly by eight XXXXXXXXXXX senators who wrote to the White House on Monday to complain that they had heard the administration was readying a "Plan B" in case a comprehensive immigration reform bill cannot win enough support to clear Congress.

The White House would not confirm or deny the claim. But the former XXXX official said the discussions are real.

"The administration at the very minimum is studying legal ways to legalize people without having to go through any congressional debate about it," the source said, calling the senators' claim credible. "Whether somebody pulls the trigger on that, that's another issue."

Read Rest Here but basically, what they're saying is it doesn't matter what you..or your rep says..they're going to do whatever they want!

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

dragoncoach56 wrote:Viking I agree we have a problem but as I have said before,in my opinion,it is a 2 pronged solution. as some have said on here enforce laws already in the books. But also HAMMER and I do mean hammer any American company,large or small,that exploits these illegals. If there were no jobs available for illegal immigrants then the flow would slow down dramatically. Then when someone was found to be illegal it would be a good bet they are drug dealers or potential terrorists. I want my country,the country I served, to be looked upon as a leader in the way we treat others. Not in the same light as those countrys you mentioned. And Viking,you do have a point I was just pointing out what I perceived as a flaw. You are a very courteous poster. And I always believe there is more than one side to a problem.

You made some great points in your post Coach. It is OK to disagree, but what is wrong if you do not listen to what other's have to say. If you get to the point that your way is the only way, well they would call you a politician then.LOL. You are right on stop letting the employer of the illegals, get off with a slap on the wrist. The laws we have now, just should be enforced and really fine these employers so they will take notice. If you start taking their money away from them in huge chunks, they will not be so quick to hire them..If we would do that, can you imagine what kind of funds we would be able to recover? If we could dry up all the illegal employers, then the people who want to come here legally, would find a better chance of getting a better paying job. You take out all the illegals willing for work for nothing, it would force the illegal employers to turn into legal employers. They would then have to pay a more competitive wage, like the rest of the legal employers have been doing all along. It is OK to disagree, but just be smart enough to listen to other sides of the story also. Coach, I am just guessing, you sound like a former Marine, aka Jar Head. They are some of our nations best. Thanks for chatting, 74 Viking

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

My Great Great Grandparents came here from Germany legally, if you want to be here do it the right way.

Return to “The Off season”